Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
I’m looking forward to rocking out with old Harry the Hammer myself.
Can’t wait to bitchslap the vamps with it. They’ve been ridiculous in IE for too long now.
kleptomage
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

@Zincy
Oh yeah, Harry is cool. Have you seen him fight? He has an ability that removes the undead status from nearby enemies and makes them run in fear. It’s funny seeing like four units of zombies instantly rout.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
He also screams “its hammer time” and “I have the power!” When activating the Hammer of Harry.
Creative Assembly is better at capturing the spirit of old Warhammer than Games Workshop is these days.
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
Given the wide variance in weight classes between the various boxers in Punch-Out, would they even be allowed to compete with each other outside a videogame?
Most likely not.
2 months late to reply but whatever.
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Chippin’ In
I’ve never actually played Metroid Prime on hard mode, so I decided to give it a shot. I was actually doing fairly decently… until I managed to get to the Omega Pirate. He’s the first boss- hell, the first enemy period, that’s managed to kill me. Three times no less.
I’ll admit, some of it’s my fault. I have a tendency to blunder into the pools of Phazon scattered around the arena (because big badass enemy that you don’t want to take your eyes off of), but the biggest problem are actually the Beam Pirates he summons. They’re already tough enough on the normal difficulty, and only become more so thanks to hard mode’s “make enemies take less damage while making you take more” adjustment, which means they can rapidly chip away your health while tanking all of yours, all while trying to track the OP once he goes invisible. It also doesn’t help that if the Omega Pirate manages to regenerate his armor, any Beam Pirates left in the arena become basically impossible to kill because OP is constantly lumbering around absorbing your beam shots, unless OP hits them with his attacks by mistake.
But maybe it’s just me. Maybe I’m just not as good at this game as I thought I was.
Dustcan
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Watching a supercut of the Mortal Kombat reboot trilogy story mode.
It’s honestly pretty decent. Wouldn’t expect a fighting game to have an intriguing story but hey, it’s actually fine compared to the scattershot story of the original timeline.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Dustcan
IIRC, MK9 was the first time a fighting game actually gave a shit about doing a proper story mode instead of regulating backstories/lore to just character bios and an arcade mode.
Actually pretty big turning point for the genre too since after that a lot of other fighting games added in proper story modes too
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
MK is especially notable since it basically had no plot at first. Most of the story was invented by the 90s movie, which future games used as a reference.
Doubly so with Kano. The original arcade Kano was some British guy, but movie Kano was played by an Australian guy so well that every game since has acted like he’s always been Australian.
Which I must say, Kano being the best part of the movies seems to be a trend.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Dustcan
Not to go all “UUUMMM AKSHEWALLY” on you but…
UUUMMM AKSHEWALLY
There was a story in the first 3 games, but they were just the basic overview (like the tournament, character motivations, then Shao Khan going “fuck it” and just invading Earthrealm anyway in MK 2), but the movie did expand more on the lore of the game and gave stuff that would become kanon in game (Raiden going from a jerk to being the one wanting to protect Earthrealm and being Liu Kangs mentor/father figure, the relationship between Sonya and Cage, who the main protesters are ect)
Also game Kano was actually supposed to be Japanese-American in his early appearances and more serious, not British. Then the movie came out and he became a massive Aussie slimeball (he was actually being played by a British man doing an Australian accent, that might have been the part you were confused by) , and he proved to be so popular with both fans and Ed Boon that they retconned his origin to be more like the movie version
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Chippin’ In
And with that, Metroid Prime on hard mode is done. And I managed to 100% it this time around.
Funny enough, I didn’t die to any of the bosses after the Omega Pirate. They didn’t even bring me down to half health.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Even before that, he was still the best.
Here’s a tournament filled with wizards and demons and monks fighting to the death to determine the fate of Earth. And Johnny is just some doofus movie star who’s there to prove he does his own stunts and that it’s not VFX; he really can shoot energy balls and move so fast he creates energy shadow clones.
He doesn’t even realize he’s his opponents really are trying to kill him until he’s already won half the tournament. Then he realizes gods and magic is real, becomes one of Earthrealm’s champions, and Raiden’s second biggest stan.
Gotta say though I’m kinda disappointed we’re getting another timeline reboot. We’re unlikely to get the kombat kids outside of DLC, and it looks like we’re focusing on the MK 1 era again.
igotnopicks
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
@Dustcan
I think we going Pre MK1 era this time around. Remember the last scene of the good ending of Mortal Kombat 11 DLC. Also we are getting a first Sub-Zero and a Green energy dude that most likely related to Johhny. So yeah a Prequel is most likely because of Aftermath.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
That’s what I thought until the trailer dropped. But now that I look closely, it’s not clear if the Sub-Zero is Kuai Liang. He’s got a faint scar over the correct eye, but not as obvious as it usually is.
Other than that it’s not clear if this Scorpion is Hanzo or the Kung Lao is the one we’re familiar with or Great Kung Lao. It’s not clear when this takes place.
igotnopicks
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
@Dustcan
Maybe this is in Lui Kang’s ending alright.
Since Lui Kang is both the God of Fire and Thunder. Also both endings could be true. Which mean Lui Kang set the timeline right, While Shang Sung fucked everything up in his own and wants to take over Lui Kang’s timeline.
Time Travel is wierd and is causing multiple timelines to merge.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Oh hey, it turns out that Alan Wake did have a sorta-but-not-really sequel set in the same universe, Control. Apparently Control even has a dlc that directly crosses over with the plot of Alan Wake or something.
I’m definitely interested.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide