Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Meanlucario
I do as well, but man, if you love someone you can point out when it’s got flaws. That’s when you should be most critical.
I guess that’s a side effect of me being a Sonic fan for almost as long.
Posted Report
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
If you want to be mad at why the state Pokemon S/V in, focus that anger on Nintendo and TPCi, cause they’re not allowing GameFreak them to delay the games, nor expanding their team.
Posted Report
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

🌸🍜⛩️🇯🇵
Anyhow, here’s who I unlocked in “World of Light” thus far:
  • Captain Falcon
  • Donkey Kong
  • Dr. Mario
  • Duck Hunt
  • Fox
  • Ice Climbers
  • Link
  • Lucario
  • Lucas
  • Mario
  • Mega Man
  • PAC-MAN
  • Pikachu
  • Villager
  • Wii Fit Trainer
  • Yoshi
Posted Report
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@NitroFury
People always say this in defense as if people shitting on other franchises don’t just throw heat at everyone involved and no one gives a fuck.
We don’t know who’s doing shit, anyone can blame whatever or whoever, deflecting just muddles the issue.
It has issues, we don’t know is really to blame.
Posted Report
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

🌸🍜⛩️🇯🇵
“Ring Fit Adventure” finally came in from Amazon, just in time for the weather to deem the outside too cold and/or dangerous to go on my daily walks for a few months.
Posted Report
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -

🌸🍜⛩️🇯🇵
I’m actually going to start playing “Ring Fit Adventure” daily on December 1st, same day that Splatoon 3’s next season begins.
Posted Report
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
After about two weeks, I’ve finally beaten Sonic Frontiers.
I’m gonna say it. This was the best Sonic game I’ve played since Generations.
It’s not without its flaws. The graphical shortcomings could get really annoying, the Cyberspace levels were too janky for my taste, Chaos Island was complete and total ass-cheeks, and the secret final boss “The End” was extremely underwhelming and left a lot to be desired.
Despite it all, I had loads of fun with it. Chaos Island aside, I had a blast traversing around the open world as Sonic (finding new ways to get from one point to another), the story and dialogue are among the best of the entire series, the character models/animations looked fantastic (y’know, when they weren’t just standing still in most of the cutscenes), and I got a kick out of all the nods to previous games that were inserted in.
And those bosses, man. Aside from the final one, they went all in for each and every one of them. Words cannot describe the amount of hype and sheer child-like joy I felt when Sonic turned Super against the first titan, and “Undefeatable” started blaring out from my TV. And that carried over to all the other normal bosses as well.
Overall, while it’s not perfect, I really enjoyed my time with this game, and I sincerely hope Sonic Team and Sega continues to refine this formula to it’s absolute peak. You made something that has potential guys, now please don’t f##k it up.
9/10
Posted Report
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@NitroFury
Because too many people are willing to die on the hill that S/V are great and have no real issues. There is no harm in liking a game, just in ignoring the very real problems and getting upset when others point them out.
Posted Report
Ring Team
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

For those who’ve been complaining about Pokémon Violet/Scarlet and Sword/Shield yet they buy it again anyway: If you’re looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.
In 2019 it was the national dex and underwhelming graphics. In 2022 it was the bugs and glitches. And the fact that nobody seems to care when it comes to decide if it’s worth buying for $60 is annoying. Words don’t do anything when you pay for a buggy game just because it has the Pokémon logo and the JRPG genre on it.
I’m aware the overwhelming majority of the people who buy Pokémon are kids. They get a pass because they are children. The concept of quality foreign to most of them. But when actual adults complain about the game after pre-ordering and paying a full price for this type of questionable quality, that’s when you lost me. When you do that, you’re not the type of people who’s self aware, vigilant, cautious and worried about the quality of a game. You just want Pokémon to be successful at whatever cost.
Posted Report
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Pone of Astronomy
I’m kind of glad I’ve never really been a Pokemon fan. Metroid has had some stinkers, but noone knew it would be bad, (Other M) and I bought what turned into a disappointment. Fed Force I refused to buy because it looked like trash. If Dread wasn’t amazing and built on what worked in Samus Returns, I probably would have still bought it and just been disappointed, it at least was polished. Also Metroid doesn’t get yearly releases (thank fuck)
Posted Report
Wiimeiser
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

(Foil Hat)
@Meanlucario
I actually haven’t been having any performance issues apart from pop-in/culling errors (like the shadow in the desert that appeared out of nowhere) and the animation stuttering (which is probably caused by the animation LOD distance being set too short; GF probably set it to 375 units instead of 75 “tiles” due to a typo)
Posted Report
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Artist -

Pone of Astronomy
Also, I know @LightningBolt said that we don’t know who to blame but really it’s mostly on TPC at the end of the day for demanding a Pokemon every year to keep the profits rolling. Nintendo is to blame for refusing to intervene (because they get profits from it) Management at GF might be to blame too but really it is mostly TPC and Nintendo.
Posted Report
Wiimeiser
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

(Foil Hat)
@Meanlucario
What I’ve been getting is relatively minor compared to what I’ve seen. I’ve gotten the camera clipping through the ground, but despite playing exclusively in handheld I’m not getting severe lag AFAICT outside of cities which is somewhat expected.
I thought the viral Psyduck lag clip was caused by the ball crossing an area boundary, but it turns out the main open world is just a single map that doesn’t even have loading distance, let alone cells like in The Elder Scrolls if you’ve ever modded that (and run into the 3,3 bug in Oblivion)
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide