Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

Background Pony #C955
Saw a thread on Reddit about what if Link were Nintendo’s mascot instead of Mario.
I just can’t see Link as Nintendo’s mascot. Zelda is NOWHERE NEAR as popular of a franchise as Mario.
Zelda isn’t even Nintendo’s 2nd most popular franchise. Pokemon is.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
I’d argue Zelda has a higher pedigree despite Mario being the mascot. Similar to Capcom with Resident Evil and Street Fighter(or Megaman depending on who you ask)
igotnopicks
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
@Kiryu-Chan
Depends Mario is more of Nintendo’s Mascot than Zelda which is the Princess not the Green Garb dude that you play as(Link). Plus almost every year there is a Mario Game. Not a Zelda Game.
Plus if we are going by popularity for Nintendo Franchises. It would be Mario first. Everyone else second.
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Chippin’ In
A playthrough of a light gun game slipped into my recommendations, and I ended up watching a bunch of them. I have to say, as much as I used to love the genre, a lot of them are fairly short, and don’t have much to offer in terms of replay value.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
I got the absolutely best start in Stellaris I’ve ever had.
Pretty much the entire galactic south and south east are mine. On a large galaxy no less.
The empire to my east got gimped by a stagnant ascendancy that was military isolationist and kept them from expanding. The empire to my immediate north I was able to box in around the galactic core and prevent them from moving south.
Over 100 star systems are mine for the plunder.
Twi Clown
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Übermensch in training
Well, Elena is an african princess, so she’s pretty much black skinned or black coded whatever term you want to use. And I have to say, I’m a huge fan of the character. But Kotaku apparently thinks Kimberly was the first black female of the franchise. She’s technically speaking not even second since SFV introduced Menat, and egyptian girl who’s also pretty dark skinned. The comment kind of implied being black repressentation implies you need to be african american. Which sounds really racists and also seems to give the image of someone who only learned about Street Fighter from the sixth game and never really learned about previous iterations. And thinking about it, I think Elena is also technically not the first one either, there’s also Pullum from the EX series who is indian and also dark skinned, though some people tend to make a difference between indiand and african ascendencies, but you can take this one as you will.
TL,DR, people care too much about color skin and representation.
Yeah, he should have done their homework before writting that.
Twi Clown
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Übermensch in training
@Lord WyrmSpawN
Well as a mexican…let me tell you we don’t give a shit about such technicallities. Literally we are all mixed up with everything and the kitchen sink so there’s no such thing as mexican race to us.
I got a delay with my job training for technical issues but still I gotta cut in here.
The point is, videogame characters are more than their race.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide