Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

igotnopicks
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
@CaptainXtra
Well the first Sub-Zero died. (Heck we see him in reboot die too.)
The Second Sub Zero is the Brother of the one that died.
It makes sense in the game.
And Scorpion is basically a good guy/bad guy relationship with Subzero.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
So i finally tried quark oddities, a minecraft add-on to a minecraft mod, primarily to check out it’s novel take on enchanting.
Now I’ve never claimed to know the in and outs of enchanting in the base game, but in Oddities it’s altered to a kind of tetris-esque setup where you fit any of the pieces you generate via lapis into a square grid that applies the enchantments. Doens’t even ask for datapacks or fiddling to apply custom enchants from other mods.
Which is fun. But it seems a bit limited as all tools and materials seem to have the same amount of space available, which so far only seems to handle three blocks, which I’m sure isn’t the usual limit. And I did haphazardly surround it with bookshelves for leveled-up enchants, which is another feature i might not understand in full.
But, there’s also another mod, eidolon, which bills itself as a kind of dark magic and worship kind of affair that offers it’s own method of enchanting, more like the usual method but with it’s own resource, soul shards, rather than lapis.
Experimenting on my own, it seems i could get up to five on a sword. But anything that does that seems to be blanked out on Oddities’s modded tables. As if I’ve jailbroken the gear and have to rely on soul enchantment to alter it any further, unless i grind it down and start over.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
The highlight of my week has been setting the high score in Galaga on the arcade I bought.
A far cry from the one I set years ago.
It was the cutest thing. I was dating this girl with two kids, and we all went to this bowling alley/arcade once. Her kids watched, enthralled, as I made it through level after level in Galaga. They were my good luck charms, because I absolutely obliterated the high score that day.
But I can’t seem to ever replicate that night. Not even close, I’m like 80k points off each time. I am determined to do it again.
Thanotos Omega

Bleegh, i decided to try and deal with the tedium of Anor londo by making a new character and trying out a power house build but it’s kind of super lame, even with 29 STR and +3 great club i still have to wait for basica hollows to lower their shield and do chip damage to a lot of enemies like Havel and the perish titanite demon,
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Thanotos Omega
I think you can break enemy shield guards, though it’s not as good as in later games. As for Havel, you want to go light and backstab or cheese him. I defense and damage is his domain.
Thanotos Omega

@Meanlucario
I still can’t one shot a hollow soldier through their guard and the disperportiately slow attacks on this thing(a serious issue in many RPGs is that they don’t understand the binary state of all enemies dead or alive, nothing else matters 99% of the time,) prevent me from safely spamming at them, and i did go light i didn’t face tank him,
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ayriana
I’m pretty sure I’m close to beating Dread, and so far I’d place it over Fusion, Zero Mission and Prime 3. Super and Prime 1 are really hard to beat, and Prime 2 is just amazing in it’s own way, I put it on par with Prime 1.
Thanotos Omega

@Meanlucario
I think i may be done with this little resurgence in my dark souls playing, between this disappointment and the blatant use of bad game design and outright cheating to augment the difficulty in Anor londo i think i have reached the point where i have given the game it’s fair shake and it has ultimately been found wanting,
Mikey
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Ayriana
Honestly the game isn’t really badly designed as a whole, there are cheap parts like the Capra Demon boss and the Anor Londo Archers, but in general the game is well put together and deliberate, but it’s definitely not for everyone.
Thanotos Omega

@Meanlucario
the only part of Anor londo i currently care about is those cheating archers, i have seen several tricks for beating them all of which involve things that would involve a return trip through the second worst designed area in the game because the fucking idiots locked fast travel behind a stupidly late point in the story,
Thanotos Omega

@Mikey
Yeah but the devs actively used bad game design for cheap difficulty, like there should be zero platforming in the game, like this is as bad as older FPS games that didn’t have a shadow having it and they new it when they put it in,
Mikey
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Ayriana
@Thanotos Omega
You’re meant to earn fast travel, because up to Anor Londo, the game uses interconnectivity and shortcuts which makes getting around easier, and after Anor Londo the game is really disconnected with the later areas. The shortcuts aren’t even hard to find and are generally on the path you’re going anyways. Sen’s even has a shortcut back down if you get the cell key.
Thanotos Omega

@Meanlucario
The easiest one i saw was black of pharis bow+ poison or fether arrows both are things my pyromancer sorcerer didn’t prioritize collecting,
@Mikey
Returning to the asylum involves a ton of it, and while not jumping i would classify much of the bad areas in Anor londo as platforming such as the rafters and this stupid shit, which would be way more tolerable if not for the infinitely respawning mooks with too much tankiness and who can shred to much HP with a lucky hit if you try to sprint past them, never even mind the annoying cork screw elevator rides both bonfires near by require, the game is just wasting my time, not chaleging me, not forcing me to grow my skills, it’s just wasting my time, and that is bullshit, every area that separates a check point behind a long run or an elevator is a failure, and proof of why check points are a bad game design element now that we have the tech for players to just save the game,
Mikey
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Ayriana
@Thanotos Omega
No, it’s not bad design it’s just not your thing.
The Asylum is not required to beat the game, and even then it’s not over bottomless pits to get back there. That part on the rafters is the only real bad part of Anor Londo. Checkpoints are placed that far apart because the game wants you to play cautiously, not just sprint back to your souls, that’s how you die again, you didn’t learn from your mistake. Again it’s not bad design, it’s just obviously not your cup of tea, and that’s okay. Not every game is for everyone.
Thanotos Omega

@Mikey
Getting one shotted after spending forever killing the sentinels and then the demons because “LOL we fucking cheated and scripted these arrows to break the rules of the fucking game and ignore normal n\knockback mechanics” followed by log ass animations to try it all again, is not a matter of personal taste, it’s bad design, and in a game that wants to be seen as fair and balanced that’s not OK Mikey, it’s bad, and they should have fixed it by now,
Mikey
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Ayriana
@Thanotos Omega
I didn’t say it’s all well designed, read my responses again. I already said the archers are bullshit, yes. At least the sentinels are easily avoidable and there’s only two that you’ll aggro on the required path. And even if you do, they’re slow enough to avoid getting hit by. Also, of course they’ll hit like trucks, they’re probably the biggest non boss mob in the game.
You want less cheap, Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne are at least better in that regard.
All I’m saying is that not all of the game is cheap and b.s., and I don’t appreciate you implying that it’s all or even mostly cheap b.s.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide