Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ayriana
@Cyborg_pony  
It’s amazing, I know.  
Also honestly in a day like this a game like Postal 4 is sorely needed, and it’s somehow more gratuitous than Postal 2 was.
DeathCloud

Agent of Shadows
Got Stellaris (without any DLCs). Customization alone is reason I want to try it out, its something what really fit my preferences
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

MEANWHILE,

Konami has actually partnered with a western developer team called Bloober, the dev team behind the hit indie Layers of Fear 1 and 2, and the unfortunately mistimed Blair Witch video game.

Bloober more recently also released MEDIUM, a paranormal 3rd person detective game where the protagonist is a medium who is able to interact with the physical world and “the upside-down” version of the physical world, sometimes living in two worlds at the same time.

MEDIUM was ofc, inspired by the Silent Hill series, specifically Silent Hill 3. One guess what game is Konami trying to make by partnering with the dev team of MEDIUM.
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Let me try to sort this mess…

Hasan Kahraman teased a project codenamed “Abandoned” on May 31. He made a tweet that sparked a theory that he might be working on Silent Hill. He quickly deleted that tweet.

Through an absolutely bonkers bizarre series of coincidences and suspicious activities by many of the parties involved, Hasan Kahraman was accused of being Hideo Kojima, similar to how Joakim Mogren was, many years ago.

Hasan Kahraman keeps on denying the claim.

Kojima has said nothing.

Konami has said nothing.

Konami now broke the news that they’re partnering with Bloober of MEDIUM fame, a game inspired by Silent Hill 3, to work on a new Silent Hill game.

SO. There IS a new Silent Hill in the works, but it would not be by Hideo Kojima. That would mean Hasan is on the clear? That means all of that? ALL THAT JAZZ? Was actually pareidolia?

DAFUQ IS GOING ON?
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@DeathCloud

Fun fact, Stellaris as it is now is literally 100% different from when it first launched. And not because of DLC.

Every major core mechanic has been changed over the course of all its patches and updates. It was so bizzare to chronicle its evolution.

At any rate, I highly recommend the core DLCs and most of the race packs (necroids, plantoids, and lithoids in particular). They all add lots of depth and customization to the game. With the DLC your empire can be anything from a galatic megacorp controlling the galaxy through capitalism, to an all consuming swarm of bug monsters that literally farm sentients like cattle.
DeathCloud

Agent of Shadows
@Zincy  
I follow Stellaris development a little, so I know how things changed. I want to get some DLCs too but my Steam funds only allowed base game
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@DeathCloud

Ah yea, I know that feeling. Once you get a little cash I highly recommend it.

Also, I really recommend the following mods.

NCS2- it’s an overhaul mod that adds a lot of new ship types, tightens up the combat, adds new defense structures and starbase bits, and the incredibly powerful Flagship.

Gigastructures- as the name implies, it adds a whole bunch of amazing mega and giga structures, as well as several new (and toggleable) end game events including a mysterious and powerful precursor race at the center of the galaxy. Also a whole bunch of new starting types such as starting on an interstellar ring world. It also has a few super weapons including the Quazi Stellar Obilterator that let’s you blow up entire star systems.

Planetary Diversity- adds new planets and starting types, make sure to get the “unique worlds” one too for stuff like Discworld style flat worlds, worlds that are sentient computers, and other neat ones.

UI overhaul dynamic- is a must, it scales the UI way better than the base game and is essential for a lot of mods.

Real Space- adds bunches of new star, nebula, and anomaly types to the game. You also need it for the gigastructures mod to work because it needs special star types.

And lastly the Beautiful Universe Real Space patch. There was a mod called Beautiful Universe but it doesn’t work anymore. But this patch adds some of the cooler elements of it to the Real Space mod.

Play a few base games first before diving into the above.
Background Pony #C55F
You know that bittersweet feeling you get when you play a game you loved when you were a kid, and finally beat it?
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
In Civ 6, I’m working on a conquest victory. I have an entire continent to myself since it was just me and Cleo, who I killed very early on. I have the wonder that dupes all ships made and the U-Boats available, as well as the four remaining civs all declared war on me, so they are going to have to face my navy tomorrow. Too bad raiding ships can’t take cities.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
have an entire continent to myself since it was just me and Cleo, who I killed very early on.

Real Chads win diplomatic victories without removing any civilizations. Giga Chads do it after reviving Civs already taken out.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Meanlucario

I did that once in either V or Beyond Earth before they patched it.

Like, I never went to war even as more and more of the map became one color because someone else kept winning wars. Next thing I know I’m suddenly declared the winner because I was the only one to retain his original Capitol.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide