Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Zincy  
And yet he created a game franchise that uses the soul of children to fuel robots. Funny how one can be diverse in their games compared to their beliefs.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Kazapsky  
Isn’t he also the guy who encourages people to make their own spin-offs and only took legal action against one that was just an asset-flip and no changes?

@Zincy  
I’m talking religion, not desire for money. And wasn’t he on a string of failures before the goldmine known as FNAF?
Background Pony #6F1D
@Meanlucario  
You can be a devout Christian, Muslim or Jew and still be able to create Horror. It may even help if the person has deeply held religious beliefs when creating horror. Some of the most Iconic Horror novels and Classic films back in the formative years of media were created by very religious people back when that was the norm.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@RogueBadnik

Because I assumed you were talking about the recent revelation that he’s a fundy who donates money to incredibly racist candidates, and other kinds of beliefs best sorted into the Politics thread.
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
@Meanlucario  
Amnesia isn’t survival Horror. It’s just Horror.

Survival Horror usually lets you fight back and places emphasis on conserving resources.

Amnesia is more a walking simulator, albeit a very Atmospheric and genuinely scary one. All you can do is Hide.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Zincy
I’m talking religion, not desire for money. And wasn’t he on a string of failures before the goldmine known as FNAF?

Yes.

And he’s been chill and thankful about it since. Well, depending on whatever going on over at twitter then.

I tried Amnesia. It made me nauseous.
RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

⌜Ω⌟
@Terminal Red  
I guess it depends on the grade of suspence? Silent Hill has a lot of disturbing places that adds a lot of suspence, which is why it is a lot scarier.

FNAF uses some kind of psychological horror, but the thing is, since the the game itself is too short and very difficult, the horror just turns into an annoyance.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Calling FNaF a cash cow is weird.

The first one was a runaway success that surprised Cawthorn himself. So he made 2 because of course. Then it kept getting more popular so he made more and got book deals and stuff.

But, he doesn’t always monetize them. Like FNaF World was a huge departure from the usual gameplay, being a turn based RPG. IIRC he charged for it at first, but because it was weak garbage he pulled the game and refunded all buyers. Then he made it good and released it for free. And later on he released another FNaF for free, but he did it without announcement and under an alt account or something as a surprise to people thinking they were playing something unrelated to FNaF from a new indie.

So yeah. The guy clearly isn’t churning out entries for easy cash. He does it because he just loves making the series and already has all the money he could ever need.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Mikey  
If you find staring at a candle “tension and suspense,” you need to get out more. Honestly, to me, FNAF just took the resource management of Amnesia and focused on that. Doesn’t helps that outside of a lanturn and one monster design, FNAF is more memorable than Amnesia in their visuals.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Artist -

Ayriana
@Meanlucario  
Did you actually play it? You don’t just “stare at a candle”. You solve puzzles, run from the monsters, try to keep your sanity up, Amnesia doesn’t have stupid RNG and jumpscares that get old after the first one. Sorry I don’t like busywork in a horror game. I like to be scared, not look at a camera, wind a toy to make sure I don’t get spooked a little bit.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide