Viewing last 25 versions of post by Zincy in topic Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
"[@Mikey":](/forums/generals/topics/video-game-general-thead?post_id=5057508#post_5057508

)

I already acknowledged that Epic was a shitshow.

My problem was that people shit on it before it ever even opened its gates. And many people openly dismiss any competition to Steam right out of hand for some misguided brand loyalty to a company that doesn't give a toss about its userbase.

And a monopoly is a monopoly, and it's bad for business and consumers regardless of the importance of the industry. Just because its "just" a PC gaming platform does not mean that stifling competition and accepting monopolization is a good thing. Its still a multimillion dollar business with employees, stakeholders, and consumers spending gobs of cash on.

That's my opinion on the matter and I'm sticking to it.

I'm not someone for whom "brand loyalty" exists, really.
No reason given
Edited by Zincy
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
"@Mikey":/forums/generals/topics/video-game-general-thead?post_id=5057508#post_5057508

I already acknowledged that Epic was a shitshow.

My problem was that people shit on it before it ever even opened its gates. And many people openly dismiss any competition to Steam right out of hand for some misguided brand loyalty to a company that doesn't give a toss about its userbase.

And a monopoly is a monopoly, and it's bad for business and consumers regardless of the importance of the industry. Just because its "just" a PC gaming platform does not mean that stifling competition and accepting monopolization is a good thing. Its still a multimillion dollar business with employees, stakeholders, and consumers spending gobs of cash on.

That's my opinion on the matter and I'm sticking to it.
No reason given
Edited by Zincy