Undertale General

Generals » Undertale General Search Posts
RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

⌜Ω⌟
Thanks to Marc’s chivalrous and soft conscience, he had the idea to give this hedgehog this game that took 30 secs to download.

Don’t disappoint me.
gasmaskangel
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Artist -
Since the Beginning  -

I completed this game a few days ago, and I gotta say that the pacifist run is one of, if not the best, video game experiences of my life. Many games aspire to Undertale’s level of story telling, but they so rarely hit the mark.

I actually came into this from a pretty cynical point of view. I hate video games that try to judge the player (looking at you, Spec Ops: The Line) and claim they’re making some sort of high and mighty moral point about how you’re a bad person for interacting with what is fundamentally just data in a way that a third party you will never meet and who’s opinion should mean nothing to you doesn’t approve of. In fact, I still do feel that way. It is fundamentally shitty to call someone an asshole for enjoying things that you don’t when those things cause no material harm.

Similarly I feel that it is the height of smug, self-righteous douchebaggery to claim that because you abstain from violence in a purely fictional context that you are somehow a better person than those who do not. What you do in a video game and how you enjoy it has no effect on the world and no real bearing on your moral character and we need to stop pretending that it does.

Given my views on this then, you should understand what I mean when I say that Undertale is easily the best game that I will play this year, and that this year includes Witcher III, MGSV, and Fallout 4.

The characters are utterly charming and loveable, the story alternates between funny, cute, and sad and the fucking pacifist ending had me bawling like a goddamned infant in its pure, heart breaking beauty. There isn’t a single character that I can say annoyed me.

Also, I’ve got to give it props for actually making the pacifist option the more enjoyable one. The combat system itself is pretty blah, but interacting peacefully is always at least worth a chuckle.

Finally, let me close by saying that more than anything else I really, really wanted to give Asriel a hug and tell him that everything was going to be alright.
Buttstank
Thread Starter - The Time Wasting Thread 2.1

I really, really wanted to give Asriel a hug and tell him that everything was going to be alright.

which would be a lie unfortunately

@mariomarc  
oh yeah, did you beat it? was I right when I said you’d learn to love flowey?
Peregrine
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Existential Crisis
I’ve been watching Joel from Vinesauce stream this.  
I wouldn’t be able to do a genocide run. I don’t have the heart all the characters are too likeable.  
Also I drew some fanart of Papyrus and Sans,  
It was actually shown on Vinesauce because I put it on the booru there.  
But enjoy.  
full
gasmaskangel
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Artist -
Since the Beginning  -

@mariomarc  
Yeah… that’s a bit much. Especially since it actually works on me and I won’t do a reset because I love these characters too much to undo their happy ending, even if I know I’d just be doing another pacifist run looking for cool things that I missed the first time through.

As for genocide runs… did some reading up on that over on TVtropes, and holy shit. If you complete even a single genocide run it permanently taints all future runs in a super creepy way.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide