Tokusatsu Thread (Super Sentai, Kamen Rider, Ultraman and the likes)

Prof.NightJack
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Gizmonics Scientist
Seriously, I love how simple the first Ultraman’s henshin was.  
Shin Hayata(his human host) just holds the Beta Capsule up and hits the button on it, no words and special pose, and a flash of light comes from it and he’s Ultraman.
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Mystic Beast

No, it doesn’t, it can apply to others too.

As for the Max Steel movie, I’m honestly not sure what to think. The franchise has already failed to truly take off 3 times; first there was the original in the late 90’s-early 2000’s, then there was the second one a couple years later that was more or less a retooling of the original, which ironically lasted the longest of any of them, and finally there was the 2012 series starring Andrew Francis in the title role that only lasted 2 or 3 seasons. So I’m honestly not sure why they’re making a live-action movie based off of it.
Mystic Beast

@Jarkes  
That was what interested me. It was just a generic action show that existed back then. Adding the Toku elements os obvious. So why didn’t they do it before?

Of course. I do feel they still screwed the pooch with the helmet design. It just comes off like a futuristic biker hemlet.

Something more cycloptic would work better.
Prof.NightJack

Gizmonics Scientist
@Jarkes  
Ben Winchell is Maxwell McGrath.  
And Josh Brener voicing Steel.

Yes, the title role is actually two people is this version, a human||(secretly half human, as his father is a human like alien)|| teen and a alien||(not from the same place as Max’s father, but have a history)|| bio-organic bot becoming the hero.
Prof.NightJack

Gizmonics Scientist
@Cyborg_pony  
No wonder, just looked him up.  
“Ricardo participated in-studio with JAM Project for the first time in 2005, starting with Neppu Cybuster Shippu!. In 2006, he performed as part of the group with the original leader Ichirou Mizuki on another single, Stormbringer. Shortly after in 2007, he shared the stage for the first time in the group’s 4th live concert, JAM Project JAPAN CIRCUIT 2007 Break-Out.

He wrote the lyrics for the song Sempre Sonhando Yume Oibito on JAM Project’s 6th best album in 2006, Get over the Border. In 2009 he collaborated with Wada Kouji to produce a song in Japanese and Portuguese. On September 17, 2010, Ricardo joined up with JAM Project once more for their Reunion concert, where the original members sang with the current members.

Ricardo returned to work with JAM Project in Japan in late 2011 and early 2012 for their Go! Go! GOING!! world tour. He wrote the track Cross World on Hironobu Kageyama’s 2012 album, Rock Japan. In June, 2014 started a YouTube channel called MugenLab where he talks about his trips to Japan and his career. In July 20, he debuted his EP called On the Rocks in 2014 at the annual anime convention Anime Friends. Also in 2014 he and other brazilians singers created the project called “ Cavaleiros in Concert “ which is a concert with songs of the anime Saint Seiya performed by Ricardo, Rodrigo Rossi, Larissa Tassi and Eduardo Falaschi. They took this concert to several cities in Brazil”

JAM Project is a anison(anime theme music) supergroup based in Japan.  
He knows how to sound like that.
Prof.NightJack

Gizmonics Scientist
Oh and another member of JAM Project is Hironobu Kageyama, the guy that did the Jetman theme, Cha-La Head-Cha-La, and some other classic toku and anime themes.
WM-R
Speaking Fancy - For helping with translations

@Prof.NightJack

Don’t forget Aniki was a founding member and occasionally joins them. All you need is Isao Sasaki to join up, and you’ve got, like 80% of classic themes from the 70s to 90s.
Jarkes
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
I finished Dekaranger earlier today. It’s REALLY good. It may very well be in my top 5 Sentai.

…Wow. In just 3 1/2 to 4 years (I honestly can’t remember when I truly started), not counting Sentai that I’ve started and not completed, I have seen 21 of the 39 currently complete Super Sentai series (not counting Zyuohger since it’s not finished yet), and over 1,000 episodes.
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@09MurphyM

I had to switch from Over-Time to TV-Nihon midway through watching Dekaranger because Over-Time’s not done yet.

And there are quite a few other sub groups, actually.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide