Tokusatsu Thread (Super Sentai, Kamen Rider, Ultraman and the likes)

WM-R
Speaking Fancy - For helping with translations

Hey, has anyone here played the Kamen Rider Battride War games? Are they any good?

Because I’m really tempted to pre-order Battride War Genesis due to how many Riders are playable (from what I can tell, almost everyone from Rider 1 all the way to Drive and Ghost). It’s pretty rare to see Stronger, Skyrider or ZX get love, you know?
Abarekiller
Thread Starter - IDW Thread
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@WM-R  
I have played both games and I plan to pick up genesis. I really do enjoy them. I hope that Gensis also includes the TV missions and Movie missions from the previous games.
WM-R

@Abarekiller

How does it play? The trailers make it look like Dynasty Warriors, with the addition of Rider Machine sections where you, well, ride.

And may I ask what you mean by TV missions and Movie missions? The trailers make it look like Shocker (or whoever the villain is) are trying that whole “erase the Riders from time” gig again, which is why Ghost and Rider 1 are the poster boys.

I really am tempted to preorder to get a playable Shocker Combatman. “Eee!”
Abarekiller

@WM-R  
It is dynasty warriors-esque. though there isn’t a “ladder” system for combos, as there is your melee combo (square) and 2 special buttons (Triangle and Circle) though Fourze and Gaim Kiwami has a “ladder” combo as their circle button incorporates different switches/armored rider weapons.

as for TV/Movie mission

The first battride war game’s gimmick was that you could play missions based on big episodes from the series. Wizard had the episode where he goes flame dragon; Kuuga’s final fight; The Lion Imagin episode; Final episode of Kiva, where Wataru fought against Dark Kiv!a and the Bat Fangire; and weirdly there was a strange few random episode for Hibiki, story reason these episodes were the most remembered by a comatose/dying child

The second game had movie missions, where as would the name suggest would be based on movies. Gaim got the near entirety of the third segment of the GaimxWizard movie (since the game was made prior to the Summer movie); 555 has that cool night battle from his film; the climax from several other movies; and again, Hibiki got the short end of the stick. You also got a chance to play as the samurai dude from the OOO movie in 2 missions. And then when you beat Battride War 2, you also unlocked all the tv missions from the first game.

In this case, Genesis seems to have the gimmick of “First episodes”

Kakuranger dvds announced
WM-R

@Abarekiller

I was on the verge of pre-ordering, but now I’m pre-ordering the Memorial Sound Edition. Thanks to this. It’s a shame more of the original actors couldn’t reprise their roles, but at least Rider 1 and Black/Black RX do.
09MurphyM

What do you think they would do if they ever decided to create a super sentai game similar to Kamen rider Battride war? For one thing, I’d imagine that they would cut the playable characters down to red rangers and 6th rangers and whatever type of ranger is used in place of the 6th ranger in certain seasons.
Abarekiller

I would have liked it, but I think instead of red rangers only, perhaps lower it down to just a certain theme. like Current year + relatabe season + Gorenger.

Ie. back with Kyoryuger: Kyoryuger + Zyuranger + Abaranger + Gorenger  
or with Jyouger: Jyouger + Boukenger + Gaoranger +Gorenger
WM-R

@09MurphyM

@Abarekiller

Personally I don’t think a Super Sentai Battride War game would work, simply due to how many characters you’d need. With the Riders, you only have 11 Riders for Showa. For the same time period, you’d need 55, each with their specific fighting styles and finishers.

The problem with a Red Rangers only game would be: what about everyone else? My favourite Flashman, for example, was Blue. Plus, most Red Rangers wield swords and that’d get pretty repetitive. I mean, there are only so many ways to animate a sword-based fighting style.

I like Abarekiller’s idea a lot better, but again, how’d it be done? Would you have the other four Rangers under the control of AI? Some lame explanation like, “We can only send one of you!” or having the others kidnapped?

This is one area where I think the Riders have the advantage, since they’re usually either solo heroes or partners.
Abarekiller

The idea of mine was essentially is you choose your main character, and you create a squadron of support characters (2-3) think of how One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 does with Kizuna rush.
Prof.NightJack
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Gizmonics Scientist
@apegacine  
Well seeing how for years now it’s been making a whole different version of every toy, and some things not make in one that is makes for the other, it would make sense the quality would not be the same.
WM-R

@Abarekiller

That’d be awesome. They’d probably find a way to differentiate between the original Gavan and other Space Sheriffs versus their successors. And throw in others like Metalder, Juspion or Jiban and I’d be sold.

On another note, Kamen Rider Spectre and Chaser are DLC for Battride War Genesis. Not sure how I feel about that.
WM-R

@Abarekiller

I’m just worried that because they’re DLC they might get a bit shafted. I mean, I’d be really irritated if Chaser shared any of Mach’s moves because their fighting styles are so different.

@OptimusPrimevil

laughs So there are three members of the Quartet Five? Maybe they count the robot?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide