The Virus Outbreak Thread

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Chances are you caught it, but your vaccination likely means your immune system has already eaten the disease. A test will confirm it either way.
But, uh, you should probably have a talk with everyone you’ve been around for the last couple days. Asymptomatic carriers and all that.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Dustcan
I haven’t left the house since, and my mother says that viruses don’t lay dormant, so I can expect that response from 3/4 of the people who live here.
My cus did say that he could have gotten if afterwards, since either after the get-together or the day after he went to something and could have gotten it from there.
Dustcan
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
@Dustcan
and my mother says that viruses don’t lay dormant, so I can expect that response from 3/4 of the people who live here.
Er, kinda? Some do, but I don’t think Covid is one of them. Covid does have a 2 week incubation period though, meaning a 14 day-ish period between when you first contract it and when it’s spread enough to start showing symptoms.
The important detail is you can still spread it in that 2 week period. Again if you’re vaccinated you probably eliminate the thing before you could spread it, but you should still side-eye your family for the next couple weeks to be on the safe side
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Dustcan
I will tell them, though I doubt they’ll listen. My mom says that the anti-virus vaccines aren’t “true vaccines,” so she refuses to get them because of it. I should get around to hooking up and moving out, since I can’t say I feel comfortable living with them at this point.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
On October 1st, Merck and Ridgeback Biotherapeutics announced that molnupiravir (MK-4482, EIDD-2801), an investigational oral antiviral medicine, significantly reduced the risk of hospitalization or death at a planned interim analysis of the Phase 3 trial in at risk, non-hospitalized adult patients with mild-to-moderate COVID-19. They report at the interim analysis that “molnupiravir reduced the risk of hospitalization or death by approximately 50%; 7.3% of patients who received molnupiravir were either hospitalized or died through Day 29 following randomization (28/385), compared with 14.1% of placebo-treated patients (53/377); p=0.0012.” Formal publication of the data is pending.
As discussed in previous articles, submitting companies are allowed to submit suggested name candidates for consideration by the USAN Council (AMA/FDA) and INN Expert Group (WHO). Working with the -piravir suffix, we set out to create unique prefixes that were in line with the compound development team’s aspirations. The primary creative direction was to construct a name that evoked the power of Thor’s hammer – named Mjölnir.
In Marvel Comics, Thor is the Asgardian God of Thunder and a founding member of the Avengers who wields a powerful hammer called Mjölnir (pronounced Miol-neer). A variety of names alluding to Mjölnir were ultimately proposed for consideration as the official nonproprietary (generic) designation for MK-4482/EIDD-2801 and in the end molnupiravir was selected by USAN/INN. The name was formally published as a recommended INN in February 2021 and adopted as a USAN in April.
So let me get this straight. If I get the vaccine I turn into Magneto. If I get the antivirus, if I be worthy, I shall have the power of Thor?
lonewolf
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

U mad?
So apparently people suspected of having Corona are starting to be rounded up by the Australian military and sent to quarantine camps. If so… I think it’s a clear signal of what their government is becoming.
HorsesandMuchMOAR
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger

Gallusposting since 2019
Yep, because you might also be honouring him by fighting an enemy of humanity, the COVID virus.
In Norse religion and mythology, Thor is honoured and venerated as a protector of humanity, and a patron of lowly commoners like farmers, carpenters, and blacksmiths.
Background Pony #BCFE
@HorsesandMuchMOAR
farmers ain’t lowly commoners, well at least in Japan, they are more respected than many other places on earth
btw, without farmers, we wouln’t survived the pandemic, or any crisises, they provide food
Background Pony #A149
@Flutter_Lover
That’s talking about the variant itself, not the virus as a whole :P The only way delta would mutate itself into extinction would be if it mutated into a more infectious and more transmissible new variant that would quickly replace the old one, which wouldn’t exactly be a good thing.
Flutter_Lover
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

#WaifuLivesMatter
Can we just make a potent anti viral solution for the atmosphere? We have all the money and technology in the world to stop this….and before you call me an “antivaxxer”, I’m simply thinking outside the box.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide