The Virus Outbreak Thread

Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Ray DeMonia became another innocent victim of the plague rats, when he died of cardiac arrest after having to travel 200 miles to find a hospital that wasn’t full of covididiots.

Another soul lost to their selfishness.
lonewolf
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

U mad?
Oh jeez I came across this video on Twitter. The mom is yelling at her daughter for getting the vaccine, and telling her to take the vitamin cocktail that will keep it from killing her.
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
Ray DeMonia became another innocent victim of the plague rats, when he died of cardiac arrest after having to travel 200 miles to find a hospital that wasn’t full of covididiots.
Another soul lost to their selfishness.

You know, I think hospitals should resort to leaving hospital beds for patients with medical needs while leaving the unvaccinated out to die.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@NitroFury

How about no. Treat everyone.

That said, it might be time to assign unvaccinated Covid patients a lower priority during the triage… Hey, they clearly think it’s a hoax. I’m sure they’ll understand if the doctor shared the belief.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
There’s increasing evidence that Moderna provokes a stronger, longer lasting immune response than Pfizer or J&J.

There is a few caveats. Moderna’s doses are heavier on active ingredients than Pfizers, and fewer people overall have taken Moderna.

This could mean an elevated neutralizing antibody count from just being larger, and that there are just less data points to flatten the curve compared to Pfizer.

That said, even controlling for differences in distribution, Moderna seems to come out on top.
Background Pony #F31B
@Dustcan  
Not everyone’s gonna agree on the lower priorities part. The treat everyone part? Agreed.

@NitroFury  
I don’t think Biden would want that, because that would give antivaxxers more ammo.
Dustcan
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
And now my family is going through a Covid scare. Again.

My nephew may or may not have Covid now. He’s 13 so he should weather it well, but we’re still worried and trying to quarantine him in his room as much as we can. This is especially bad since his youngest brother has a compromised immune system to begin with, so there’s a lot of worry if he ends up catching it.

The cherry on top? I’ve been talking with my sister for months about getting the vaccine for her family. But of course she’s still “vaccine hesitant” despite the ordeal our parents went through last month. Well she sure doesn’t think Covid’s a hoax right now!
𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐫
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

I was expecting just a slight outta these second dose. I wasn’t fully expecting it would overwhelm me this so much. My fever temperature now clocks in at 40.2°C and my left arm feels deader than dead.
HorsesandMuchMOAR
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger

Gallusposting since 2019
After a little bump, Covid cases have dropped to 15,549 cases today. But two areas of concern are Sarawak having the highest infections (due to poor vaccinations and the Delta variant) and a still-high positivity rate.

Around 1000 people took part in an anti-vaxxer rally against Melbourne’s harsh lockdowns (IIRC Melbourne’s lockdown is harsher than Malaysia’s lockdown). The local cops also used pepper spray.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
For the first time in its recorded history Alabama had more deaths than births, with covid leading the spike.

Get vaccinated people.
HorsesandMuchMOAR
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger

Gallusposting since 2019
@Zincy

“Natural immunity” will never work against Covid, since it is more powerful.

On two bright notes, Negeri Sembilan is moving to Phase 4, and Covid cases have dropped to 14345 today. I still have to watch carefully before I can celebrate, since low numbers like these are the result of reduced testing from holidays.

Are there any other countries aside from Denmark that lifted all Covid restrictions?
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@HorsesandMuchMOAR

“Natural immunity” will work (or at least mitigate the worst effects of it) against COVID…in the children and grandchildren born to those who were either vaccinated or those who survived catching it. You’re right about it not working right away however.
Wiimeiser
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

(Foil Hat)
@Ebalosus  
So despite being double-vaccinated with Pfizer, I’m still more at risk? Or would that only be relatively at risk compared to other fully vaccinated people because I constantly get bronchitis?
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Wiimeiser

By the sounds of it, you’re in the same boat as me, in that we’re more at risk due to persistent illnesses, but being vaccinated helps us both through mitigating our chances of catching it (our bodies are familiar with what COVID looks like), and if we do catch it, we’re much less likely to be severely affected by it.

That’s why vaccines are a good thing, because it means that potentially deadly or debilitating illnesses are much less so due to both vaccines and herd immunity. It’s why polio isn’t really a thing anymore, despite it being a threat to my grandparents’ generation.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Nearly 70% of the total VA population has at least one dose of the vaccine (a little over 68%, but the numbers won’t fully update till tomorrow).

A little over 80% of the adult population (18+) has one dose, with a little over 70% being fully vaxed. Vaccination rates continue to climb in VA, and polls show that the vaccine is increasingly popular in the state.

VA now has the highest vaccination level of any southern state. Though, tbf, not a hard bar to jump over.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide