The Virus Outbreak Thread

HorsesandMuchMOAR
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Gallusposting since 2019
@Flutter_Lover

I hope they start producing and sharing that drug to other countries and to the Palestinians, instead of hoarding them like other Western nations.

Considering that Malaysia hates Israel for what it did to the Palestinians, I don’t know if we might accept this drug. The government might be more likely if it were reproduced and imported from elsewhere after Israel. But then again, Malaysian politicians are a stupid lot notorious for failing to stop Covid. #KerajaanGagal! (our government is a failure)

This drug might also help end the Covid rampage in my country. America has its own Coronafest by the Tulsa Trump rally – our equivalent in Malaysia was the Sabah elections, the Malaysian Coronafest!

Also, if this drug manages to become more widespread, I wonder how will the ivermectin quacks and anti-vaxxers react to this?
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
I’m not a Christian, but I love a retort I’ve been seeing floating around a lot.

Anti-vaxer “God will answer my prayers and protect me”.

God “There, gave ya’ll a vaccine”.

Anti-vaxer “Not like that!”
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Zincy  
I hate how much truth is in that. I was raised on that science and medicine was a gift from God, so I’m not one of those people at least.
Flutter_Lover
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

#WaifuLivesMatter
Malaysia now has 15,902 cases today. Why isn’t the government stopping this?

Because there’s people with no backbone and won’t fight for the people but themselves. Washed up pussies don’t even need to be in office.
HorsesandMuchMOAR

Gallusposting since 2019
@Flutter_Lover

Perfectly describes the Malaysian government. It cares more about factories and keeping the people away from panic than to rush and quickly stop the virus.

Some people on Twitter suggested that the actual number of cases may be higher. Judging by the reactions to Covid case being damn high, perhaps the gov did not report these cases to avoid starting a panic, and a possible revolt.

It can also be another reason why the government insisted on “stages” for vaccination, instead of spending every vaccine at once. Either to prevent a lack of order, having a lack of vaccines (due to Western companies refusing to donate earlier), or to prevent new clusters.

Also, while people on Twitter are calling for more workplaces to be closed to avoid gatherings and more clusters, the government insisted on keeping parts of the economy open instead of supporting smaller businesses and very poor people.

full
HorsesandMuchMOAR

Gallusposting since 2019
Tomorrow, thousands of contract doctors in Malaysia will go on strike, because the government does not support them enough. The government threatens legal action on them, as they saw this matter as a trade dispute or disruptive to care for Covid patients in the overblown Malaysian healthcare system.
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
Oh boy, if you thought that the Delta variant was the only variant; get ready for a new variant, called the Lambda variant.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Lambda is not new, having been identified last December. It also seems to be less infectious than Delta, meaning it will likely get out competed unless it proves to be vaccine resistant.

As long as a significant portion of the population stays unvaccinated and unmasked, we will be rolling the dice on every new variant.

These losers will drag us down with them just so they can smile smugly through their intubation tubes.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Flutter_Lover

Why in the name of the goddess would you use an anti-parasitoid to treat a virus? Ivermectin is a de-worming agent that binds to important gubbins in the nervous system of invertebrates, and has 0 interaction with viruses or bacteria. There’s not even a method of action known to it that would affect a virus.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide