The Virus Outbreak Thread

Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
I went to a Sizzler with my parents not too long ago after all 3 of us were vaccinated, and while I still insist on either eating outside or taking to go, I’m not gonna lie, it’s really nice to have eat at a restaurant like normal again
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
I think I have confirmed proof that I had covid earlier last year.

For the last 9 months I got these weird nightly symptoms. Fatigue, feeling “feverish” without a fever, and just a general feeling of not being well.

Ever since I got the vaccine it has completely went away.

I’ve heard that some people with long covid symptoms have relief after getting their full vaccine.

For the record, back in February 2020, I came down with a mysterious illness that left me bedridden for about 3 days, and feeling like ass for another week.
Wiimeiser
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
Has the flu been a recurring thing since 1918? This article says Australia needs to open its borders. And yeah, this is a thing now. Monthly COVID vaccines, constant lockdowns, death of freedom and democracy, and I can never leave my country ever again unless I can find a way to swim directly to The Philippines…

EDIT: I don’t think border closures will ever end due to loss aversion
ᎶㄖҜㄩ 乃ㄥ卂匚Ҝ
One-Star Dragon Ball - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Zamasu
@Wiimeiser  
The flu was eventually ruled to be endemic, just like the common cold, and I suspect covid will eventually be ruled endemic as well. Remember: evolution tends to reward parasites that DO NOT COMPLETELY kill their hosts, even for viruses. In other words: viruses can’t propagate themselves once they destroy all animal life.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Wiimeiser

You don’t understand how loss aversion works, and don’t seem to have any grasp of basic economic theory.

The macroeconomic environment of a nation state is a continuous serise of transactions, based upon a function normally composed of accrued debt, available debt, and gross domestic product with losses and gains occurring simultaneously across multiple concurrent situations and markets. Loss aversion principle can therefore only be applied at the contract level, varying from transaction to transaction. In no way could loss aversion explain a situation where the borders of a nation state stay closed indefinitely.

If anything it’s the opposite.

The state is likely experiencing a net loss of income due to the border closures, and would thus be motivated by future losses of said income when compared back to pre-pandemic levels. The aversion would work against the closures, not for them.
HorsesandMuchMOAR
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Gallusposting since 2019
  1. America has announced a $100 mil. programme to assist India in fighting the Covid pandemic. It is also planning to deliver 20 million more vaccine doses to other countries.

2. A second round of AstraZenaca doses will be released to Malaysia on May 23, but only for elderly people aged 60 and over.

3. AstraZenaca is now available in Sarawak, but again only for elderly people. It is also renamed to “Vaxzevria”.

4. It seems that the MCO lockdown is becoming less effective, with cases rising back to 4865. So the only possible way out is vaccinations, which is currently focused on elderly people.

5. Even though the Penang government complained that this move is political, the government refused a donation of vaccines to Penang, claiming this to be in line with the (slow) vaccination programme.
HorsesandMuchMOAR

Gallusposting since 2019
  1. It could be due to better testing that exposed the total cases to 6075, even though experts have suggested that the actual rate is higher. Malaysia needs a total lockdown like MCO 1.0, so that we will not become like India.

However, I also hope that after the lockdown, we will not end up being jobless and poor, like Venezuela.

full

2. Malaysia will be receiving 197,730 doses of the Pfizer vaccine on May 19, another 44,460 doses on May 20, and 17,550 doses on May 21.

3. The supposed 2 million Sinovac vaccines claimed by the Penang state government was not confirmed by Sinovac.

4. An Indian politician has spoken about a “Singapore strain”. The government of Singapore has rectified that there is no new strain from Singapore, but the strain is the variant from India.
HorsesandMuchMOAR

Gallusposting since 2019
  1. The South African and Philippine variants have been detected at Sarawak.

2. There are now 6,806 cases today. As a result, the government is considering a total lockdown at Selangor, the worst-hit state. Manufacturers objected to this because it will mean that their businesses will close.

3. Japan has recommended the use of AstraZenaca and Moderna vaccines.

4. India is now using blood tests to detect Covid in patients.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide