The Virus Outbreak Thread

RD4590
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Vortex Clipper
I wore masks for 18 hours straight on the flight from London to Guangzhou. Medical workers wear mask for 12 hours straight during their shift. Public service people (mostly) wear masks for the whole duration of their shift. And some crybabies can’t. Why?
RD4590
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Vortex Clipper
@Vivace  
and the lies from US CDC in order to cover the fact of mask shortage at the very beginning  
and severe lack of common sense. Surgical mask and normal N95 don’t have that valve shit and thus block the flow on both directions. Therefore it not only blocks the wearer’s germ from spitting out but also blocks foreign contamination from damaging their respiratory system. It’s this simple.
Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Est. 2012
@Background Pony #6CBF  
That’s what I was afraid of, the pandemic’s extension because COVID has ears, listening about the vaccines and now has been mutated.

Now the pandemic will be extended, more stuff will be delayed or cancelled, our family will be in debt, we’ll be in lockdown again, filmmakers will go to war against streaming services, cancel culture will be stronger, and vaccines against the new variant will never destroy them. And I’ll never find love ever again.

Oh great, now I am starting to sound like a doomer.

Est. 2012
@CaptainXtra  
I didn’t want it, but unfortunately I feared the worst will come since last year just… you know. I’m glad me and my family survived this pandemic, but I feel like it’s gonna be a sequel or rerun of 2020. COVID-19 might be the highlight of the worst.

If COVID-19 didn’t have any ears, the vaccines could have ended the pandemic real quick.
some-guy
Dree Deray - For supporting the site
Twilight! - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter

A relative of mine officially knows 3 people that died of corona… All friends or former co-workers, cousins mom is still extremely ill.

Also apparently my great aunt and her daughter have it. Not sure how sick they are.
Background Pony #6CBF
A mutant strain of the novel coronavirus discovered in South Africa appears to be able to ward off antibodies from individuals who had previously recovered from COVID-19 — meaning if the new strain becomes widespread, we may see more people getting infected multiple times.
Not only could this interfere with the human population’s ability to develop natural immunity, it could also hamper the efficacy of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines. Both companies are distributing mRNA vaccines, which are different from traditional vaccines that train the immune system to develop antibodies against pathogens by injecting weakened or dead versions of the disease-causing agents into the body.
The South African strain is not the only one raising concern. There is a new strain in Brazil that the scientists argue “also has changes at key positions” in ways that could impair antibodies’ effectiveness against the disease. Then there is a strain in the United Kingdom known as B117 that, though not deadlier than previous strains, is more transmissible.

Est. 2012
@Meanlucario  
@NitroFury  
What else are we supposed to do if the pandemic will be extended through 2022 with lockdowns, closures, cancellations and delays? Especially with the new strain and new variant?

The theatres vs. streaming civil war will add fuel to the fire because of monetary reasons. Not to mention Christopher Nolan and Denis Villeneuve are being crybabies about it because WB and HBO Max are doing simultaneous releases for their tentpole films. And vaccines will never work, and it’s all because the virus has ears.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide