The Virus Outbreak Thread

doloresbridge
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Peace to all
@Background Pony #6CBF  
That is pretty idiotic. I think stuff like this could’ve been midigated if the their hadn’t been such a pearl clunching attitude and unreasonable demands of some of the lockdown areas that ignore humanity. Sure, we need to do a lockdown but don’t act like it’s easy matter.

@MagpulPony  
Like Governor Cuomo I suppose there is a question of what’s worse; not doing anything or doing a variety of things that are sometimes mixed and with glaring hypocrisies on a large scale. All and all though, sans a few governors(and sadly the ones that aren’t getting the praise for it) the USA response was problematic on all levels.
HorsesandMuchMOAR
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Gallusposting since 2019
I am so angry today because I cannot go to my favourite shopping mall. I hate God and am very angry with China for making the Covid virus. I think God wants to use the virus to force us to worship Him and suffer by losing everything!

I am also angry at the stupid people of my country for causing more infections and the lockdown. Will this stupid virus go on forever?
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@CaptainXtra

Unless it crosses the blood-brain-barrier by selectively navigating the olfactory bulb, at that point all the vitamins in the world is just piss in the wind.

Or if it starts attacking ACE2 receptors in the testes of male patients, leading to likely permanent reductions in sperm counts and possible sterility.

Or the numerous people who have an increase in clotting factor leading to strokes and heart attacks. Or the multiple organ failure once again traced to the ACE2 receptors.

Or if they have Lupis, or HIV. Or are overweight, or have diabetes, or high cholesterol, or high blood pressure.

The smoothest way to sail with this virus is to not get it in the first place.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@MagpulPony

You do realize that both it and the Moderna vaccine use an almost functionally identical system?

The key differences are in the stabilizing agents, some of the additives, and the production and storage methods.

All the data I’ve seen would indicate that their efficacy rates are nearly identical, only varying by at most 2% between them. Both are on average over 90% effective, and both have their pros and cons. Moderna can be stored at higher temperatures and remain stable longer, pfizer’s has more restrictive storage but the time between injections is much shorter and the doses are lower.

As for the allergic reactions to it, a report from December found 21 confirmed cases of anaphylaxis from the Pfizer vaccine, out of over 1.8 million initial doses. With the likely factor being one of the stabilizing additives. Moderna has had confirmed reactions as well, most notably a doctor from Boston. And while less than Pfizer, there have also been less shots in the arm of Moderna, so that number is likely to increase.

I know you are desperate to confirm your biases, I get that, but this is just nonsense.

Both vaccines are safe and effective, and both of them in tandem will help get us through this nightmare. Drop the false narratives and accept reality.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Zincy

Yeah from my understanding they’re both perfectly functional and safe vaccines. Same goes for the Oxford one and even Sputnik V, despite the latter’s rushed deployment.
MagpulPony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -

Fuck Russia
@Zincy

@Ebalosus  
No one can say that with any real certainty. There’s a reason why these things usually take years of testing. I’m gonna be waiting a bit to see what the long term side effects are. No shame in that.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
Not so funny fact:

The notoriety and popularity of Jens Spahn increased in the spring of 2020 with the outbreak of the coronavirus in Germany. In representative voter polls, the CDU politician from Münsterland was at times even ahead of Chancellor Angela Merkel, making him the most respected politician in the Republic.

The 40 years old, gay Federal Health Minister also received a lot of encouragement from the ranks of the opposition in the Bundestag in Berlin. But the failed Corona vaccination start could now be his undoing. So much so that, despite his original popularity, he probably won’t even stand for election as the next Chancellor.
lonewolf
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

U mad?
If the new ones are more contagious, by the time the vaccine is fully distributed it may be too late to have an impact.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide