The Virus Outbreak Thread

Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
Victoria is on the verge of a third wave, and this amusing tweet sums up why that may be. If it were up to me, seeing family for Christmas etc would be illegal.

@Zincy  
The hell is that? Literally every single result for that is about Assassin’s Creed 2, I can’t find a single non-Ubisoft result.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@CaptainXtra

There’s a few things about that idea that wouldn’t work.

For starters, it would be impossible to control for selection pressures. Secondly, it would take a lot longer than 4 to 12 weeks for immunity to start to wane. Especially from a vaccine.

Even acquired immunity lasts longer than that, anywhere upwards to 6 months.

Also, he just drops “proof-reading polymerase” in there but clearly has no idea what it means. I don’t believe many viruses, least of all coronaviruses, contain a proof-reading mechanism.
O. Hancock
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Penis
@Zincy  
Okay I like calling bullshit on those technicalities… But as far as just pointing out how fucked we handled this and/or are handling this, this is pretty on-point overall. I mean, okay, I’m glad to hear from someone like you who knows a lot about this say that immunity will last longer than 4 to 12 weeks, and that does make sense, since yeah, immunity is generally much longer than that even when just getting the virus… But still, I don’t like jumping into this uncharted territory unless somebody actually has good science giving us very good reason to believe we can hold off on the second shots for awhile with little consequences. There are articles coming out from major news outlets now telling us simultaneously A. We need to consider holding off on the second shots, and B. If we don’t get the second shots on time we will be severely limiting and damaging the effectiveness of our coronavirus vaccination plan… I’m usually one of those very pro-science people who’s very sympathetic to our ever-changing understanding of things as we progress… But delaying the second shit seems incredibly risky and the public is confused enough as it is. Even I’m like, “There better be a lot of damn good science to back up that delaying plan if they do roll with it, I swear to the God I don’t believe in that I’m gonna go crazy if this turns out to be another disaster.”

Edit: Was gonna correct “shit” to shot, but decided to leave it in because it sounds funny.
Background Pony #6CBF
The absolute why of it

Hospital employee wore a costume that includes an air blower to keep it inflated (and constantly circulating air in and around it) to the hospital for Christmas.

They had covid.

Guess what happened next.
MagpulPony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!

Fuck Russia
I mean, the vaccine is pretty damn untested, not gonna lie. Gonna be waiting a while to see what side effects arise before I take it. Even if it becomes available.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
This vaccine rollout has been the most pathetic debacle I think I’ve ever seen related to health care.
Background Pony #36DA
@Zincy  
It might have helped if the people in charge had ever actually worked out a distribution plan more detailed than “and then the states get some”.

In fact I’m pretty sure at least one of the individuals involved has devoted more time and energy to hawking branded steaks than he ever has to the effort to save millions of people.
Background Pony #6CBF
@Background Pony #39BC  
Your buddy driving at night during a blizzard after getting hammered at the bar and insisting no one fasten any “pansy ass seatbelts” in their 1987 Caprice they haven’t serviced since Clinton left office may not be trying to get you killed, but they sure are doing their very damn best to get you killed.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide