The Virus Outbreak Thread

Vivace
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
Every attempt to repeatedly bring up China always is because of people refusing to hold the US accountable for completely fucking up their response

In the words of John Mulaney, “we’re well past that!”

@MagpulPony  
Using words without knowing what they mean is generally frowned upon. Maybe don’t do that. No one you accused of defending China actually is; they just recognize bringing it up like a broken record does all of jack and shit to resolve the problem.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@MagpulPony

It’s cute that you can use words you’ve heard before. Like a parrot. But much like a parrot, you used it wrong. Just repeating it senselessly.

The lengths you’ll go to defend this colossal failure is frankly astonishing. Almost like you have some sort of vested esteem interest in it.

How you get from “hey we should have done a better job” to “you are communist sympathizers” I cannot be certain. I’d say it’s a leap in logic, but you’ve proven that you have none. Grow up already and accept that not everything your idol does is right, and that mistakes and failures happen. There is no sense in this childish game continuing.
RD4590
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Vortex Clipper
@GrimDarkSurvivor  
It’s an commonly known fact that COVID-19 virus is or is mutated from a type of bat virus.

There are 4 genera of coronaviruses (α, β, γ, δ). Alpha and Beta can infect mammals. Both types mostly have bats and similar rodents as hosts.

Alpha CoVs are mild to human and are one of the pathogens of flu, but are harmful to livestocks and pets like pigs, dogs and cats. Beta CoVs are sometimes lethal to human and are a major source of pandemics. SARS, MERS and COVID-19 viruses are all in this genre.
RD4590
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Vortex Clipper
And I have emphasized the timeline again and again about the outbreak that happened in Wuhan. If you don’t believe someone who actually grew up in Wuhan and whose parents have been living in Wuhan for over 30 years and undergone the very first outbreak, you are hopeless.
MagpulPony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!

Fuck Russia
@Meanlucario

@Vivace

@Zincy

@Kiryu-Chan

Could have fooled me, I haven’t seen a single one of you say anything critical of the Chinese communist party since this started. Now maybe I’m wrong and you have, but it certainly seems to be a rarity. Meanwhile, somehow constantly whining about the US response to the virus is not a broken record, yet whining about CCPs response that started the entire pandemic, is. But as usual, I’m the bad guy for seeing a different side of things.
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
Could have fooled me, I haven’t seen a single one of you say anything critical of the Chinese communist party since this started. Now maybe I’m wrong and you have, but it certainly seems to be a rarity. Meanwhile, somehow constantly whining about the US response to the virus is not a broken record, yet whining about CCPs response that started the entire pandemic, is.

Because I don’t fucking live in China
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@MagpulPony  
I live in the USA, so I’m much more interested in how we’re handling a pandemic that a country across the sea. If we handled it properly, than I wouldn’t have a reason to complain about how our own government failed us.
MagpulPony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Fuck Russia
@Holofan4life  
One thing I do actually agree with. People should be wearing masks, and those saying it’s a violation of freedom are idiots. They don’t complain about needing to be clothed with in public, a mask is no different. There are far more sensible things to take a stand for in the name of “freedom”.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
We can be divided on the topic of China and the Corona virus, or rather the question of China’s responsibility in this context, but I would expect that despite all the different ideologies and party membership, the tone in this thread remains a little friendlier.

I am aware of the fact that there is a tendency in politics and the media to appease criticism of Beijing. But in my opinion, this harms all those who courageously resist the regime’s dictates. I personally can understand Magpul’s opinion and attitude to a certain extent. However, as long as the virus still has a firm grip on much of the world, we are still a long way from being able to address this situation in a sensible way. A matter that may even have to be dealt with by the International Court of Justice/International Criminal Court when the time comes.

Well, at least if countries like China, India, the United States, Russia, Turkey and Israel would finally sign the multilateral Rome Statute. As long as this is not the case, the USA can complain about the corona virus as much as they want. Nothing will change. This is what happens when you do not want to recognise international law. C’est la vie. ;-)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide