The Virus Outbreak Thread

Background Pony #36DA
Pfizer said Wednesday that new test results show its coronavirus vaccine is 95% effective, is safe and also protects older people most at risk of dying — the last data needed to seek emergency use of limited shot supplies as the catastrophic outbreak worsens across the globe.
The announcement from Pfizer and its German partner BioNTech, just a week after they revealed the first promising preliminary results, comes as the team is preparing within days to formally ask U.S. regulators to allow emergency use of the vaccine.
They also have begun “rolling submissions” for the vaccine with regulators in Europe, the U.K. and Canada and soon will add this new data.
Pfizer and BioNTech had initially estimated the vaccine was more than 90% effective after 94 infections had been counted in a study that included 44,000 people. With the new announcement, the company now has accumulated 170 infections in the study – and said only eight of them occurred in volunteers who got the actual vaccine rather than a dummy shot. One of those eight developed severe disease, the company said.
There are still some questions to be answered about it, of course, and initial supplies will most likely be limited to high risk groups, but at least we’re getting closer to maybe finally putting this pandemic behind us.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Whiney ass pussies that act like masks are the greatest suffering they’ve ever had. Them folk wouldnt know real oppression if it bit them in the ass.

“Waaa, I want the pandemic to end so I can go out to eat”.

“If everyone wears a mask we can get back to normal sooner”.

“Waa, I don’t want to wear a mask, I want the pandemic to end, damn China”.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@MagpulPony

Stand among the dead and ask the ashes if they care where the virus came from.

What matters is that once it was here, we mishandled it. And don’t throw the “but, but the vaccine!” bullshit at me. It was 100% possible to contain the spread and push toward the vaccine. The incoherent, haphazard response, the mask resistance, the flat out denialism, and the “liberate” bullshit allowed for the virus to run rampant.

The moment it hit our shores it was our problem, regardless of where it started. We should have done better, and we didn’t.

There is no denying that fact, regardless of what nonsensical narrative you pull out of your hat.
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

World's Okayest User
Every attempt to repeatedly bring up China always is because of people refusing to hold the US accountable for completely fucking up their response
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@MagpulPony  
That doesn’t matter when I’m talking about our government not doing its job due to corruption and incompetence. The USA failed to treat it like a proper threat, and people are dead because of it.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide