The Virus Outbreak Thread

Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
The time has passed:  
-I can no longer go to one of my nearby malls  
-$1652 for breaching quarantine/curfew, $10,000 may be possible in extreme cases it seems.

I do get coughing and lightheadedness, but it’s mostly if not entirely congenital in my case.

@Registered Anon  
Which country is that?
Registered Anon
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Squirrel - Had a squirrel badge before it was cool
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Drama in the comments
@Wiimeiser  
Canada. Specifically British Columbia. We were further ahead of the curve than other provinces so we’ve managed to avoid large-scale lockdowns. Early one we did have an unofficial lockdown period but we haven’t had an official one.
𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐫
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

seventh layer of hair
Aaaaaaand Duterte will be placing us all back to the more stricter “Enhanced Community Quarantine” for 2 weeks starting tonight since new cases shot up dramatically over the past 3 days. Bold move I should say.

…and I haven’t even prepared to stock a new pile of health supplements and nutrients.

I really wish my grandmother who almost lost the battle 2 days ago would be doing well over there.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

(Foil Hat)
I wonder how many jobs this lockdown will destroy. I’m guessing it’ll be a 75% unemployment rate here before long… How would that work?

EDIT: Of course the virus affects every organ, it binds itself to the receptor that all cells use to communicate. It’s like some SCP that attacks humans via their language… Hang on…
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Wiimeiser

I highly doubt we’d hit 75%.

That would lead to a near total collapse of the supply chain.

I think the highest unemployment we will reach is in the mid 40s, and even then a lot of that is driven by temporary job loss, or losses in sectors with already high turnover like the service industry.
Wiimeiser

(Foil Hat)
@Zincy  
Yes, this new lockdown will definitely kill off many small businesses entirely, and I believe I’ve mentioned before that lockdowns would be a perfect way to do so intentionally, especially if you intend for another country to invade, but now I’m letting my foil show.
Wiimeiser

(Foil Hat)
@MagpulPony  
6322 active cases in a state of 6.36 million people and an increase in cases of hundreds per day. That’s one in a thousand people and rising at a rate of 1000 more about every 42 hours on average.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Zincy

The most affected industries here in NZ are the tourist industry (obviously) and its ancillary support industries. Anything to do with our agricultural sector however means you’ve got amazing job security, and there are 10,000 jobs available in the industry here. It can be shit hours, but if you aren’t a fuckwit and don’t break shit, you can do very well in it. Entry wages for tractor drivers are US$20 an hour.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide