The Virus Outbreak Thread

Background Pony #06FD
Holy shit i just saw this on Reddit…real or bullshit?
It’s entirely real. Snopes even has an article on it, if you feel like checking it out.  
In the summer of 2020, we received multiple inquiries from readers about a collage of social media posts that appeared to show the public pronouncements of Ohio man Richard Rose. One image appears to be a screenshot of a Facebook post by Rose, vowing not to wear a face mask in the context of the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, while a later image appears to be a screenshot of his obituary, which states that he died on July 4 “due to complications of COVID-19.”
The story was reported by national and international news outlets, and the collage of Rose’s Facebook posts was presented by some internet users as a stark warning for those who failed to take seriously the risk of spreading and contracting the virus, and in particular, the effectiveness of wearing face masks. However, some expressed skepticism about the story, claiming that Rose was a crisis actor, and that the circumstances of his death, and his earlier social media posts, amounted to a hoax.
But the posts and obituary were authentic. Richard Donald Rose III, known as Rick, died on July 4 after suffering complications from COVID-19, with which he was diagnosed three days earlier. Two months earlier, he had indeed vowed not to wear a face mask, dismissing their use as “hype.” Three weeks before his passing, Rose did visit a holiday resort in Ohio, posting a photograph of a crowded swimming pool area there.
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
Anyone who thinks the COVID-19 is hoax deserves what’s coming to them, you shouldn’t listen to those single digit Conspiracy Theorists.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@Zincy  
What I’m also freaked about is that none of my classmates in the radio group seem to be worried at all. Like, they’re just okay with going back and risking catching COVID-19 despite Harrisonburg having quite a few cases of it.
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
You might be asking, how is my state doing? Well, right now in Indiana we have 58,607 confirmed cased with 734 new cases contributing it.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
A new model suggests we could slow the pandemic to a crawl if at least 50% of the population wore masks, regularly washed their hands, and practiced at least 6 feet social distancing.

Each additional 10% over the 50 can provide exponential benefits.

A country that can reach 90% compliance could even halt the spread entirely.
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
@NitroFury  
California here. We’re sitting at 400K, a lot of it mainly in the southern half. Unfortunately trending upwards, resulting from the state opening up too soon, and the state had to result to closing lots of things back down like indoor dining, restaurants, gyms, theaters, etc.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide