The Virus Outbreak Thread

MagpulPony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

Fuck Russia
@tehwatever  
People are having a hard time differentiating between China and the Chinese people. Anger should be directed at the country and its leadership, not the innocent civilian populace since I highly doubt they’re happy that a global pandemic started in their nation.
Zerowinger
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

3-3/4" Army Man Fan
@tehwatever  
No, the biggest problem with comparing covid with Pearl Harbor and 9/11 is there…really isn’t a comparison to be made.

Pearl Harbor: The Japanese Empire launches a sneak attack without a declaration of war to destroy the US Pacific Fleet, and thus be able to expand it’s domain unopposed.

9/11: Members of an Islamic terrorist group attack and destroy the World Trade Center in an effort to inflict massive physical and economic casualties against “The Great Satan”

Covid-19: Some exceptional individual in a Chinese wet market thinks a wild, disease-ridden bat would make a delicious main course.
MagpulPony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Fuck Russia
@Zerowinger  
It’s not the bat or the people though. It’s the fact that the Chinese Government, not the innocent people, knew the virus was getting out of control for 6 weeks and did nothing. They could have stopped the spread and quite literally saved the world by preventing this whole thing. But the CCP instead lied and covered it up until it spread beyond any nations control. Which is why I say Blame the CCP, not the people.
Zerowinger
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

3-3/4" Army Man Fan
@MagpulPony  
I don’t think I’ve seen anyone but the most stupid blame actual Chinese people instead of the CCP for this outbreak. The closest I’ve seen is people complaining about the disgusting wet markets and their poor sanitary conditions and slaughter of exotic or wild animals like pangolins, civet cats, salamanders, etc., but even then that goes back to the CCP and it’s failure to regulate these markets. Plus from what I understand the average Chinese citizen doesn’t eat the wild animals offered in these markets - those are pretty much luxury items, consumed by the well off, basically the Chinese equivalent of US “Foodie” hipsters.

@lonewolf  
That’s unfortunate - I’m guessing it may have been infected by one of the zoo’s staff members?
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
That’s unfortunate - I’m guessing it may have been infected by one of the zoo’s staff members?

It’s confirmed one was an asymptomatic carrier.

And this confirms animals are potential vectors. Meaning, absolute worst case scenario but still, this will be another smallpox, and without the luxury of a vaccine…
Background Pony #CC0E
China officials had the chance to stamp the virus out in its early stages and spare the entire world. And what did they do instead?
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@tehwatever
You’re not trying to imply that there were no racist backlashes that happened after Pearl Harbor or 9/11, are you?
I implied exactly the opposite. With CCP (whom I have no love for) being responsible for the first major outbreak, I would expect some kinda rise of racist attacks on asians and or anyone sympathetic to chinese ppl because like Magpul said, some ppl are way too stupid to differentiate between chinese and the CCP.

Here’s what’s more sinister: Maybe ppl are actually SMART ENOUGH to know the difference, but they’re way too frustrated and they badly need to vent, that they actively IGNORE what they know and come up with some kind of doodoo excuse to justify what they about to do.

I could go on about what I personally gone thru post 9 11 as a young muslim but this aint the thread and I aint in the mood to throw hands with anyone atm.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Zerowinger  
Early discoveries of the virus by chinese medical teams were actively hidden and downplayed so the CCP could save face. That’s a political move.

You saying “nobody is idiotic enough to blame chinese ppl” well, like I said, I can walk yu thru my life as a muslim minority youth post 911, but not in this thredd.

And like I said: when you frustrated enough, you ignore the distinction and you come up with any reason to just vent. At that point lines nor limits dont matter
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
Many people on YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter, some of which I’ve known for while, are convinced that COVID 19 is a cover for an incoming global-wide disaster.

I should note that these same people also have extreme difficulty spelling most words in their post.

I could believe that COVID 19 is possibly man-made but I wouldn’t believe that it’s to cover up an apocalyptic event such as Supervolcanos, Massive Earthquakes, or goddamn Asteroids and Comets.

But hey, no one fucking learned from all those 2012 doomsday rumors so I shouldn’t be surprised that fellow members of my species are that gullible.
Background Pony #CC0E
On the plus side, my grandmother passed away in September, so at least I don’t need to worry about going to a nursing home anymore.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Y’all seen ppl hoard feking TOILET PAPER even if they fully aware that by hoarding they let their neighbors with little to none. Yet they do it anyway.

When the virus calms down and CCP are starting to get a lot of heat from every country, it’s up to the leaders to keep reminding their citizens to not attack chinese ethnicity. This is important. Never underestimate the willingness of ppl to just fuck shit up out of frustration.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide