The Virus Outbreak Thread

MagpulPony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

Fuck Russia
@Ebalosus  
I did actually plan on joining the Air Force before bs life stuff got in the way. Planned to train at Embry in AZ before possibly going to Colorado. But the USAF still needs pilots, so maybe someday I’ll shoot for it officially again.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@MagpulPony

>Chair Force

What? Are you too scared to get your feet dirty? I thought you were tough like the other American service people myself and cohorts in our military have encountered?

I mean, if there were no openings in the Air Force, would you consider the Army or Marines?
MagpulPony
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Fuck Russia
@Ebalosus  
Probably. But my thing has always been aviation. I used to fly a Piper Cherokee for training and plan on eventually getting my commercial license. We have a lot of F-35s and USAF needs pilots for them, so there would be a strong chance I could wind up an F-35 pilot if I were to join and meet the qualifications for that position.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@MagpulPony

At least you’re willing to fight in the wars you support, which I appreciate. I’m sick to my back teeth of people who say they want a war with [whomever], but when asked if they’ll participate in the fighting, suddenly its excuses everywhere.

I wouldn’t bank on the F-35 though, as that thing is an immense piece of shit. The F-15s, 16s, 18s, 22s, and the venerable A-10 would still give the PLAA a run for its money, on account of those platforms being tried-and-tested in battle, and y’know, actually fucking work!

Honestly the only thing you have to worry about with a war with China is that it’ll only cost your country everything. Why? Because to quote some nobody from Prussia: “No battle plan survives first contact with the enemy.” So y’know, no biggie.

Anyway, I’m going to go listen to Dan Carlin’s Blueprint for Armageddon, as it’s about the hubris of nations who think that war is easy with little costs to the combatants.
MagpulPony
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Fuck Russia
@Ebalosus  
That’s the F-35 from years ago, which I also just short of hated to be honest. That said, after seeing what the F-35 can do in person more recently, my opinion on it has changed immensely. That thing can maneuver far better than they ever let on initially.
Background Pony #CC0E
I’m going to get infected soon no matter how much I scrub and sanitize, I just know it.
Background Pony #A149
@MagpulPony  
You do realise that if you went to war with China, it would be unbelievably short and would end in nuclear annihilation for both the USA and China (and nuclear winter for the rest of the world, which would potentially be the end of humanity)? So, unless you’re absolutely omnicidal, war with China or any other nuclear power is realistically a very bad idea.
MagpulPony
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Fuck Russia
@Background Pony #9F99  
Maybe. Then again we outgun them nuclear weapon wise 100 to 1. And we would likely use previously banned under INF short range nuclear balistic missiles as a first strike delivery as we’re the only nation to have developed ones ready for use. All hypothetically of course.
Background Pony #A149
@MagpulPony  
It doesn’t matter, as China will have submarines to deliver a nuclear payload right back at the USA (in case its land sites and airfields get taken out), making retaliation unavoidable… And even if you outgun them 100 to 1, it only takes roughly 100 nuclear weapons to start a nuclear winter that will last years… Not to mention the sheer amount radiation that would make much of the USA uninhabitable and your citizens that didn’t die of the initial blasts, shockwaves and severe burns will likely die of radiation poisoning after a few hours/days/weeks/months. It’s called ‘Mutually Assured Destruction’ for a reason.
MagpulPony
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Fuck Russia
@Background Pony #9F99  
We would identify the location of those subs prior to first strike. We wouldn’t just rush into it willy nilly. Our primary concern would be the reaction of Russia. Then we’d consider the ramifications of MAD.
silbasa
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

@MagpulPony  
You need to step it up. Trumps anti NATO policy needs to end. Get back into it. Keep the technological edge on them. Thats how you keep the hegemony. Loose NATO lose the world. (And yes fair shares to be paid by everyone.)
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Hol up guys. Take a step back and keep it relevant. War Games should have its own thread and keep this thread for Covid Watch.

Speaking of: Spanish doctors have unofficially been sharing advice on making homemade masks because they need masks and they’d rather ppl stop buying them.

Officially they havent prevented anyone from buying masks but you know…
𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐫
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

I’m officially admitting my cough hadn’t left me since I begun doing it again almost a month ago.

While also I’m gonna have to say that I don’t have it because never in my life have I had coughed so hard that it barely smells foul and hardly breath so hard and it makes me nauseus. My best guess is that the air I breathe inside my house had probably became unhealthy.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@Typhoon2000

Without exaggeration, but yes, the corona virus will change the political system (no matter which one). I only hope for the better that those who live in a system of oppression realize that we need a system that holds the whole world together. With draconian punishments against those who sacrifice us and all generations to come. I am sorry, but I myself have no mercy for those who sacrifice the environment in which we all live for their own greed for profit.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide