The Virus Outbreak Thread

MagpulPony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Artist -

Fuck Russia
@Ebalosus  
South Korea has been doing a lot of testing as well as seeing a fast spread. Meaning a possible 5% death rate there is very bad. Iran is in the same boat.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@MagpulPony

5% came from France, with 2 out of 40 infected dying. It’s an outlier for sure, because if we include the Philippines, then the CFR would go up to 33%, since 1 out of the 3 infected died.

You’d think South Korea would have a much higher CFR, given the proximity and trade with China, but seems to be managing quite well given the circumstances. Countries run by authoritarian bureaucracies will suffer the hardest, since the incentive structure and inefficiencies will hamper prevention and recoveries.
MagpulPony
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Fuck Russia
@Ebalosus  
Oh right, France. Regardless, the fluctuating death rate in various countries is odd. Not to mention how many people seem to be literally just collapsing. People in malls, on the street, on buses, etc are just collapsing.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@MagpulPony

Don’t get me wrong, it is a major concern; especially for people like me with both a compromised liver (despite not touching alcohol) and compromised immune system. We shouldn’t lose our heads however, as the problem is manageable, both at the individual level and the government one. It is going to hurt us economically and socially, but it won’t destroy us.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@MagpulPony

Likewise. One of the benefits of living in Rural NZ is stocked up fridges, freezers, and pantries, along with my job requiring sanitary equipment like isoalcohol, gloves, and masks.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@MagpulPony

Same, mostly because my job takes me under houses, on roofs, and into ceiling cavitys, which tend to be dirty and dusty, and most people would get annoyed for me to then handle their computers afterwards. Serendipity, eh?
Background Pony #39BC
’sides if you live in the NZ earthquakes are more worrying (in my opinion).
MagpulPony
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Fuck Russia
@Ebalosus  
My prepping supplies generally consist of food, water, emergency/trauma spplies, gas masks, bug-out vehicle, gasoline, generator, weaponry, fire kit, communication, shelter, etc.
Background Pony #39BC
I wonder if I could ask my local military base if I can buy some of their MREs… :j
Background Pony #4646
@MagpulPony  
How am I wrong? It getting worst and worst. The virus is mutating. It will kill anyone that get it. You can get reinfected. It can not be contained. It is spreading all over the world. It will infect everyone in the world. There is no vaccine.
Background Pony #39BC
Yeah, I know that it’d probably be a better idea to get some more canned spaghetti/beans, but hey.
MagpulPony
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Fuck Russia
@Background Pony #C4A2  
The virus might have mutated, it also might not have, there is 0 confirmation of that right now. It does not kill even close to everyone that gets it. You can get reinfected, so what. It can’t be comtained, maybe not, but it can be cured. It’s spreading all over the world, yes it is. It will infect everyone in the world, no it won’t. There is no vaccine? Yes there is. DARPA helped develop it and it is currently in the human trail stage.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@MagpulPony

A majority of first run vaccines fail. Somewhere in the order or 6 in 10.

I doubt we will have a stable, cheap vaccine for at least 12 months.
MagpulPony
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Fuck Russia
@Zincy  
I’m less concerned about it failing and more concerned about how long it will take to get approval and go to manufacturing and distribution. The US would be prioritized but it could still take a long time.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide