The Virus Outbreak Thread

Background Pony #A8E2
Living in South Korea, I feel as if 8 or 9 out of every 10 people I see walking down the street is wearing a mask.  
What a time to be alive.
Background Pony #A8E2
@MagpulPony  
The city I live in has 10 cases as of today, so it’s not TOO bad. At least compared to Daegu with their 1000+ cases. But besides that I try my best not to.
Background Pony #A8E2
@MagpulPony  
Ikr? We went from 50 cases to 1700 in a little more than a week. Our extremely dense population could have something to do with it however. Which part of the world do you live in if you don’t mind me asking?
Background Pony #A8E2
@MagpulPony  
Damn. Hopefully this isn’t the start of something drastic that side of the Pacific. I wish you and your countrymen the best.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Okay errbody take your vitamins and start vaccinating against literally everything. Get your ebola shots, flu shots, malaria shots etc.  
Apparently Covid-19 is starting to make its move. It is out of contaiment, and is closing in to having Pandemic status. We about to see some proper weird stuff the coming weeks. We haven’t hit endgame yet, which is frankly, worrying.
MagpulPony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -

Fuck Russia
@tehwatever  
Probably won’t for another couple of months. If it gets out of control here, the US can likely keep shelves stocked until around April. Who knows after that. How are things where you’re at so far? You had a few more confirmed cases.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Just had an italian family eat in my restaurant and I was their server. In my mind I was like: “have you been in northern italy lately?”
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
I highly doubt we will reach “prepper level” needs in the US. While our supply chain will take a hit, and it may push us into correction (or even recession) territory, we have enough internal resources to weather the storm. I doubt the fatality rate, even globally, will be enough to fully cripple any industrilized country.

The middle east and Africa however, that could be another story. A 2% fatality rate in the industrial nations could be much more dangerous there.

India too, as the high levels of air pollution already make the more susceptible to respiratory distress.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Ok, addendum.

We are now in a correction, the Dow is set to close 1000 points down again today, and the futures are looking bleak. We’ve hit the 10% overall threshold for a correction.

This could be the start of a bear market, or possible recession. Or, it may bounce back/flat-line for awhile.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@MagpulPony  
Tenerife had tens of tourist stuck in their hotel. Apparently a tourist coming back from Italy got em.

Italy outbreak really made it easier for Spain to catch it.

This is like the Chinese New Year case earlier all over again. Ppl coming back from infected places.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide