The Virus Outbreak Thread

Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
I mean, for some of them, that becomes a self fulfilling process.
At any rate, covid rates are rapidly trending down in every state…except Alabama which has seen an increase. Because of course it’s Alabama.
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
I really hope that we’ll be much more prepared for an Asteroid that’s at least 10 miles wide, “The Big One” Type Earthquakes, a Super Volcano erupting, or a massive solar storm that would fry any non-EMP Proofed Electronics than we are for the flu on steroids that’s spawned the Anti-Vax Cult.

Because holy fuck, we’d do awful in something like a straight up zombie apocalypse.
I still stand by this.
Also I saw this drawing:
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

World's Okayest User
@CaptainXtra
Saw Don’t Look Up a couple of weeks ago and I know a lot people dislike it(and probably for the same reasons I’m talking about right now) and me and my family couldn’t stop pointing out how on point everything was, including the very blatant incoming comet in the sky and people still not believing it, to the President herself fueling that hysteria and brainwashing for the sake of the elections
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Lets talk masks and viral load.
So a lot of people are adopting the “I’ll get it anyway” or the “I’m vaxed I don’t need a mask” mentality.
The thing is, not all exposures are equal. And the amount of virus you inhale can dramatically affect how your illness progresses. Load is also cumulative and compounding over short durations, meaning you can get progressively higher loads over a time, and be exposed to multiple variants at once.
The smaller the overall load most of the time will result in a weaker infection. With a healthy immune system you may even be asymptomatic. You’re also less likely to spread the virus when you’ve been infected by a lower viral load, or at least if you’ve been vaxed or previously infected, as your body is likely to overwhelm the virus before it can replicate sufficiently.
Higher viral loads will lead to worse infections, longer sicknesses, and higher chances to spread it. You’re also more likely to develop long covid symptoms when your illness is worse.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide