The Virus Outbreak Thread

RD4590
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Vortex Clipper
@Hollowfox Jaeger  
COVID-19 is a new virus people don’t have a cure against. We have flu vaccine and antibiotics against flu virus, but we had none against COVID-19. Flu virus has been infecting human for much longer, and virus mutates to become more contageous but less lethal to ensure its ability to multiply, which is why flu is not as scary as it was during WW1, while the world needs to response against COVID-19 ASAP.
RD4590
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Vortex Clipper
Vaccine developed under such short amount of time are not able to cope with all the strands mutated from the original virus. So far there are around 7 mutated strands documented. That’s why social diatcing measures and mask policies must be enforced even with all these vaccines in the world.
RD4590
Artist -

Vortex Clipper
@RD4590
As much as we’ll try to survive, it worries me that we’re gonna have another lockdown or most venues and businesses will be closed and things will be cancelled or delayed.

In the current situation, staying alive and well is more important. Events can be delayed, but death and lung dysfunctionality are permanenet. If you were dead or sick, you wouldn’t be able to enjoy as much as if you’re healthy.

@Hollowfox Jaeger  
@RD4590
And to add to that, I’m worried that I will never find love regarding that. Yes, that might prevent the spread, but it would be hard to find love in this world.

That’s why friends and family are important.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
My dating life hasn’t really suffered that much due to the pandemic.

Just need to use caution.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
In these grim times, do not dwell on what you cannot do, try what you can do.

Fugit inreparabile tempus, memento vivere.
Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person

Est. 2012
I just don’t want the things I look forward to to get either cancelled or delayed to another year. I’m just impatient. And I also want the whole streaming vs. theatre wars to end, because people are concerned about how theatres can’t survive financially thanks to streaming. (I mean, hello? HBO Max/theatrical deal controversy anyone?)
Background Pony #B962
@Meanlucario

Depending heavily on the country where you live in and the circumstances, coming from a bloke on a country with hyperinflation, where you can find your neighbour eating from trash. Unexpected sickness will most likely leave anyone living here bankrupt and wishing that you were dead, no matter his status or job. My family almost fell into it went I got the pancreatitis stuff.
𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐫
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

I could clearly see that incompetent people disobeying everything would be a key factor for the variants taking over as the dominant strain within the next 6 to 8 months.

Also around 3 million new cases and 100k deaths a day could be possible with that scenario.
lonewolf
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

U mad?
I still think cons are dead and gone until there’s no longer a need for social distancing, masks, etc (which isn’t going to happen anytime soon). I mean it’s impossible to not be close to someone in one, especially in the smaller con rooms, vendor hall, etc. Not to mention getting autographs from guests and getting a photo with them or with cosplayers. Your only shot would be an outdoor con, but even then you couldn’t do autographs, pic’s, etc. The restrictions would take the fun out of it (I recently saw one con talking about a strict mask requirement where even if you have a legit medical reason to not wear one you’re out of luck. And sorry face shields aren’t going to do jack to stop it).
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide