The Virus Outbreak Thread

Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Est. 2012
@MagpulPony  
Hopefully they can develop it before it spreads beyond Europe. Otherwise, it will spread quickly and then 2021 will be even worse. That means, directors will bitch and moan about streaming, the economy will go down, people will never have significant others, holidays will be ruined, cancel culture will be stronger than ever, etc.
Background Pony #36DA
Just when we’re going back to normal, Europe just got rona’d with a new strain.
There’s no reason to assume it will have any affect on the current slow progression back to normal, however. Modeling studies that have yet to undergo formal review suggest it may be more infectious than the common variety, but as of yet there’s zero evidence that there’s any increase in severity from the new strain.  
A WHO outbreak expert, Maria Van Kerkhove, said Monday that “the information that we have so far is that there isn’t a change” in the kind of illness or its severity from the new strain.
Background Pony #485E
Magpul is right. There are many things we can do besides just shutting down business, which hurts everyone. We could have mandatory hand sanitizer posts by the doors of all retailers, limit indoor dining when covid counts are high, actually enforce social distancing, etc. Fuck the lockdowns, if we just enforced the rules we already had we wouldn’t need any lockdowns in the first place. God! /)- I go to Walgreens today and it’s absolutely packed and nobody is giving a shit about social distancing, 2 people have their masks under their noses, and one doesn’t have one at all. Just enforce the goddamned motherfucking rules we already have and you don’t have to shut _anything down. We never should’ve shut anything down. We should’ve had nationwide mask mandates from the get go and good hygiene/social distancing, some barriers here and there, shit like that. Look at Japan! Look at South Korea! They fucking OWNED us! Western society is a bunch of fucking losers! Fuck you all and fuck this stupid fucking piece of shit country! Fuck!

Edit: for the record, this is Oliver Hancock. I hit the anonymous button by mistake, and yeah, I’ve got the brass to come back and admit it. Fuck, this shit pisses me off. Dumbasses on the left ruining what’s left of the economy and assholes on the right not giving a shit about people’s fucking lives. 90% of people in this stupid fucking society make me sick. If we all actually gave a shit and weren’t so fucking partisan, childish, corrupt, and stupid we could have our cake and eat it too, but no, instead we have no cake and nothing to eat. We have hardtack and we only allow ourselves to look at it. I’m embarrassed to be an American. I really am. Hell, I’m embarrassed to be a member of the human race.

A science-based, technocratic approach is the only way we will be able to effectively manage the mounting problems we face as a species. We must be empirical and do things that actually work. We must look to data and maths, not to whatever pulls at our heartstrings willy nilly and those who virtue signal… Of course I say this, but I too am a failure in this regard, for my emotions have ruined me and my sanity….. :(
Background Pony #ABE5
@Background Pony #485E  
“If only people were smart, trusted the advice of experts and followed directives of those in charge that work with them, cared for eac hother, and weren’t so lazy or easily distracted”.

Unfortunately that is not the world we live in. Lockdowns are shit, but so far they’re the only way for people to actually realize there’s a problem and adapt their behavior to it. Businesses aren’t going to incur additional costs or lower potential profit without threat of fines and closure, and people aren’t going to stop indulging in social activities to distract themselves from this terrible reality we’re all in.

Without lockdowns, these guys would reign supreme:

full

Until its their own family in the hospital, but then the rest around them would just think they were unlucky and that bad things will just never happen to them.
𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐫
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

So our health secretary will not ban all flights from UK here in the Philippines unless a community transmission of the mutated version took place out here.

Talk about incompetency. I wanna smack this dumb motherfucker right in his dumbass skull.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
A Belgian politician has apparently accidentally leaked the Corona vaccine prices of the manufacturers with whom the EU Commission has concluded contracts for the supply of vaccines. Eva De Bleeker released a table of prices per dose of vaccines from six companies on Twitter Thursday. The entry was deleted after a short time, but the newspaper “Het Laatste Nieuws” published a screenshot.

full

According to this, the vaccine from the US company Moderna is the most expensive: it would cost $18 per dose. US-based Johnson & Johnson would charge $8,50. The prices of the other suppliers were given in euros: the vaccine of the German company Biontech and its US partner Pfizer is therefore twelve euros per dose ($14,74). The Tübingen(Germany)-based company Curevac apparently charges ten euros, the French company Sanofi 7,56 €. By far the cheapest, according to the document, would be the vaccine from AstraZeneca with only 1,78 € per dose.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@Ebalosus

Well, the prices may certainly be appropriate to the product in question. I just found it interesting to show the currently negotiated prices here. ;-)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide