The Virus Outbreak Thread

Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
An Oxford study suggests that 1 out of every 10 symptomatic will suffer from some sort of lingering damage.

Not 1 in every 10 hospitalization mind you, 1 out of every 10 people who show symptoms.

Some of the complications could be life long.

The HR and labor world is losing its shit right now. The estimated labor losses from those who cannot come back to work, or now have to work with long term disability could be staggering. Depending on how bad this gets, the economic losses from that factor alone may dwarf the damage the shutdowns did.
Background Pony #0A44
Sorry I am just stress and paranoid. I have questions.

1. Is it not the end the world?  
  2. Will there be a vaccine?  
  3. Is it safe to eat at a restaurant?  
  4. Will you be able to recover from the virus if you get a second time?  
  5. Will the USA bring back the lockdowns?  
  6. Will eating healthy help you stay safe from the virus?  
  7. Will most people in the world live through this pandemic?
Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
1 out of every 10 symptomatic will suffer from some sort of lingering damag

And one of those lingering symptoms is something the doctors call ‘confusion’, which I think for most people is indistinguishable from flat out disassociative hallucinations.

I’m “in recovery” and I’m still seeing things that aren’t there. It’s like some sort of infectious airborne LSD.

full

It’s like I got sick, went to bed, when I woke up I had a free tulpa that periodically shows me things it thinks I need to see.

I’m not entirely sure if I like it or not. I’m going to give it time.

PS: You should see what I see when I watch the SheRa reboot with this disease. I am going to draw try some of it, it’s … like … amazeballs.

PPS: One of the ‘confusions’ is that I sometimes see floors or doorways that aren’t really there, so … it’s not all good.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@Background Pony #0A44  
[bq=”Background Pony #0A44”]
No.
  1. Will there be a vaccine?
Probably. Depends on what this thing really is. It has some very unusual behaviors and tricks that it uses to infect us. However, those unusual behaviors might make it more susceptible to vaccines than a normal virus.
  1. Is it safe to eat at a restaurant?
Depends on the restaurant.
  1. Will you be able to recover from the virus if you get a second time?
Yes. I’m in recovery, but I won’t know for a week if I’m in the phase between two infections or if I’m really done. When you get it, there’s a chance that after the symptoms end you are right back where you were two weeks later. Whether that’s an entirely new infection, or a new phase and a completely different set of symptoms from the original infection, is still not well documented.
  1. Will the USA bring back the lockdowns?
Some areas in the USA certainly. At the Federal level they seem to think it’s already over and done.
  1. Will eating healthy help you stay safe from the virus?
Yes. And if you get the virus being healthy gives you better outcomes.
  1. Will most people in the world live through this pandemic?
Yes. Most people have always survived pandemics throughout recorded history. Before that, it seems some pandemics nearly wiped us out, and may have wiped out our evolutional cousins. But even the worse plagues in the dark ages didn’t kill the majority of the population.
Although they did tend to completely re-write the social order and create entirely new social, political, and economic structures.
Now, please stop taking medical advice from people on the internet.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)

So am I…

1. No, though the economy will take a severe hit, be prepared for a 10,000 year depression if things go south.  
  2. We’re closer to one that for any coronavirus to date, so it could swing either way.  
  3. Provided social distancing and hygiene procedures are followed.  
  4. If you don’t have permanent damage you’ll probably recover more easily.  
  5. They better…  
  6. Given what the immune system does when exposed it might actually have the opposite effect, I don’t know for sure…  
  7. My personal high estimate for the death toll is 1-4 billion, and that’s if no measures whatsoever are taken, also it includes deaths due to causes other than the virus itself.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@Background Pony #0A44  
Because the symptom is something most people appear to be hesitant to talk to their doctors about, it’s not clear how many people have it.

For example, if you’re laying in the hospital, and you see a chair float through one wall, pass through your body, and then float out the opposite wall, would you tell someone about it?

My doctor loved that. She thought it was hilarious. Then we talked about how weird the human brain is, and how perception is such a mind-fuck.

But most people would keep something like that to themselves. Or, maybe because of my experiences, that’s just how my brain ‘perceives’ something that to other people results in an entirely different ‘perception’.

My friends who have also had this who did shamanist retreats or meditations talk about meeting spirit animals during their sickness. I spent some time with myself as a 6 year old. It was ‘real enough’ that we actually watched some TV together.

My friends who have done LSD or Peyote say the ‘confusion’ symptom was like THC with Hash. So maybe the LSD analogy is wrong. I don’t know.

Today, days after my other symptoms ended, I still periodically see something I know is a part of that symptom.

So, I don’t know. That’s why I used the image as a reference that I did.

Hang in there, space cowboy.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@Zincy  
Yeah - exactly, there’s a context for it.

But here’s the mind-fuck: do I see hallucinations because I’ve had them so I have a context for them?

Would other people feel phantom tickling, or smell phantom scents? Or hear birds?

Basically, the hallucination is a symptom of the virus not knowing what to do with our physiology. It’s broken the blood-brain barrier, and it finds itself in a human brain instead of a bat, but it doesn’t change it’s behavior - it just keeps doing what it does …

Oh god.

It’s the proto-molecule out of “The Expanse”.
MagpulPony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!

Fuck Russia

1. No.

2. Yes.

3. I wouldn’t personally.

4. In most cases, Yes.

5. Possibly.

6. Not sure, Can’t hurt though.

7. Absolutely.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@Zincy  
Yeah, I’ve had that too. More as a child, but periodically I’ll get that.

I think having experienced that before helped with what happened with Covid, but at the same time I wonder if it was just the avenue my brain used to rationalize what was happening as the disease expressed itself.
Wiimeiser
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
I think the worst that’ll happen due to this pandemic will be the US and EU becoming like Syria and Somalia, China becoming like the US and EU, Burkina Faso becoming like China, India, Sri Lanka, Australia, and Antarctica becoming like Tibet (or Puerto Rico in this case), and slavery and totalitarianism becoming the norm again.

@Derpy Whooves  
But here’s the mind-fuck: do I see hallucinations because I’ve had them so I have a context for them?
Would other people feel phantom tickling, or smell phantom scents? Or hear birds?

I may have had auditory hallucinations in the past. And sometimes when I’m lying in bed it feels like I have cats walking all over me.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide