The Virus Outbreak Thread

Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@MagpulPony

The two out now give us actual numbers as opposed to just a vague sense of “better”. With low end estimates being a 40% drop in infection rates.
MagpulPony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Fuck Russia
@Zincy  
Remember a while back when I told you I was getting a lot of my info from Chris Martenson? He’s so far got pretty much every single thing right regarding his predictions, recommendations, and estimates. Honestly he’s been the one unbiased source of information so far that lays everything out with links and examples to back everything up.
MagpulPony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Fuck Russia
@Goku Black  
People don’t take things seriously, the city and county has a massive population and case numbers are going up fast.

@Background Pony #DC85  
I’ve wanted to leave for a while. Planned on moving to a ranch in Montana. That failed epicly and now I’m stuck here.
Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
@Goku Black  
With covid it takes weeks for an exposure to become an outbreak. You’re probably seeing the after effects of something that happened 2 to 3 weeks ago.

@MagpulPony  
Yeah. Plus, protests are mostly outside which reduces risk of exposure, and with the current protests most people are wearing masks because of the chemical deterrence.

Where I live the spike in outbreaks is almost certainly because about 4 weeks ago the supreme court declared “Safer at home” unconstitutional and bars opened up - for the most part with out any social distancing at all. Like, big signs saying: NO MASKS! over the door and stuff like that.
MagpulPony
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Fuck Russia
@Derpy Whooves  
Here in LA, we’ve pretty much abandoned the whole “safer at home” thing and they even want to open schools up again in addition to everything else. Combine that with people that don’t take the mask thing seriously in America’s 2nd largest city and its no wonder we’re on the verge of a 2nd lockdown.
Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
@Zincy  
Near the shores of Otchipwe-kitchi-gami, the shining Big-Sea-Water. Southward through the neighboring forest passed in golden swarms the ahmo, passed the bees, the honey-makers, burning, singing in the sunshine.

Now seemed floating, now seemed flying, coming nearer, nearer, nearer. Was it shingebis the diver? Or the pelican, the shada? Or the heron, the shuh-shuh-gah? Or the white goose, waw-be-wana, with the water dripping, flashing, from it’s glossy neck and feathers?

It was neither goose nor diver, neither pelican nor heron, o’er the water floating, flying, through the shining mist of morning, but a birch canoe with paddles, rising, sinking on the water, dripping, flashing in the sunshine. And in it came Zebulon onto Hahawakpa.

Blessed Hahawakpa, where the water fell, where the river turned, where Dakota and Ojibwe shared pipe and song, stood Pierre “Pig’s Eyes” Parrant, who claimed the land all around.

Now, where sweet Earth dare an envious shade to interpose Cynthia’s shining orb, Heav’n doth cheer when each day doth close.

Sheboygan

Ah, the Malibu of the Midwest. I’ve never been there, but they tell me it’s nice. I’m about as far away as you can get from there and not be in a different state. Legally, I’m in Minneapolis. Physically, I’m not.

Boundaries get confusing when your neighboring municipal districts have more people than the freaking state.

You might know us as Westconsin. We ceded from the state about 30 years ago, and have been ever so happy ever since.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
Daniel Andrews let a protest happen, and one of the participants tested positive. Is he trying to sabotage Victoria’s recovery so China can take over? Because that’s seriously what it’s looking like right now, between this and the BRI…
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Wiimeiser

You guys have some interesting leadership in the outback. An idiot for a PM and greedy representatives.

It’s good to see that’s not exclusive to the US.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Zincy

>Calling Vicky “part of the outback”

I used to live in NSW, and have been to Vicky. It reminds me a lot of NZ climate-wise. But I digress.

If you think American federal politics are divorced from the general American populous, then Australian federal politics might as well exist on a different planet to the general Australian populous. I’ve heard from politically well informed Aussies and even they have trouble explaining how their voting system works.
Wiimeiser
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

(Foil Hat)
This is definitely not how STV works in the Australian Senate elections. In the Australian election it would go like this:
Gorrila1 and Owl have reached the threshold and both have a candidate, no votes are redistributed.
That was the first two rounds, now we move onto the next one.
Snake has the least amount of votes, and Snake (not the voters) has preferenced Turtle, giving Lynx all of Snakes votes. Snake is knocked out of the race.
Turtle now has the least amount of votes and has preferenced Jackalope. Turtle is knocked out of the race.
Buffalo now has the least amount of votes, and has preferenced Jackalope. Buffalo is knocked out of the race.
The Smiling Pony
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Badheart  
Historically albinos in tribal Africa have been blamed for everything bad. It’s what happens with every uncultured society, they see an outlier and blame everything bad on them.

Same happened in Europe with left handed folks; they were slaughtered for being “witches” (gender neutral), and the term itself for left-handed in some languages outright means “evil”.
Wiimeiser

(Foil Hat)
@The Smiling Pony  
It’s also where the term “sinister” comes from (it originally meant “left” in Latin) and why “right” has so many different meanings (14 according to Google Translate, plus 200 synonyms) since to be on the right was good and on the left was bad. My uncle was caned in school for being left handed (late 60s/early 70s BTW) to the point where my mother is physically and mentally right handed despite AFAIK being genetically left handed or so she’s told me in the past. Not sure what could even cause it, or why there’s a preference for right-handedness in animals in general. Neural rotation is a thing, a sea squirt larva probably rotated at some point. (Ever wonder why the brain hemispheres control the opposite side of the body?) Possible connection to Situs Inversus?

@Meanlucario  
From what I heard most illegal Mexican immigrants move in legally and just stay illegally after their Visa expires.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide