The Virus Outbreak Thread

tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Searly Sear
Supposedly Brazils numbers are estimated to be up to triple in terms of deaths based on US Satellite imagery of mass graves, similar to Iran.
Do US satelites go thru Spain? I wanna know their schedule so one day I can just like, flip the bird to it, just to flex that I know they’re watching.

One day when the world is under total surveillance by one single governing power, I expect ppl be flipping birds in random directions on a regular basis.
NeonThriller

@MagpulPony  
We need to stay inside because people are too stupid to respect social distancing, Plus the virus will spike uncontrollably with big crowds even if social distancing is in place (Just look at Texas)
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Some people coming into clinics and medical facilities are starting to refuse to wear masks.

If you refuse to wear a mask in a medical facility during a pandemic, then you should be denied non-emergency care.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
Everything is awesome in Germany! Gott, I hate my own country for how carelessly it’s handling the current Covid-19 threat. Yeah, hubris is a German invention. May it bite us in the ass for the … time. I lost count. And how little we try to hide the fact that making everything look so good and nice is only driven by our economy. If I’m wrong, fine. If the second or third wave wipes out our country, I can only say that we ourselves were to blame. Sorry, had to blow off some steam.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@DarkObsidian

The sad part is, Germany is doing some of the best work in the West as far as the virus is concerned.

And if what you say is true, it is an indictment on every other country at just how poorly we really are doing.
Wiimeiser
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@Zincy  
Australia’s flattened the curve, but our politicians, universities and industry have sold out to China, to the point where “Australian manufactured” is in the ballpark of “dehydrated water”.
The Smiling Pony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@silbasa  
Of those majorly affected, yes. However the country is already in full “reopen the economy” since last week, with bars and restaurants and other such businesses already open for business, with just vague provisions of “always wear a mask indoors” or “1.5 distance between people” that aren’t enforceable unless you hire an army of guards, and that I already see plenty of people skip.

@Badheart  
If not earlier. With no vaccine and having completely given up on starving out the vaccine through staying home / social distancing, the thing will just continue to spread through the population and have a higher impact once things get cooler and people’s immune system depressed, with a double whammy as flu season comes back along as well.

Even if we somehow had a safe, working vaccine by end of year, it needs to be produced en-masse, distributed, and administered to everyone, and that will take… a while.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@silbasa

Of course. Fast as greyhounds, tough as leather and hard as Krupp steel. What could ever go wrong? Oh yes… The court decision of the German Federal Court of Justice on the financial policy of the European Central Bank in Corona times.

[Any Picard Facepalm gif here]
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Coronavirus is breeding new scams with the promise of “Financial freedom in times of crisis.”  
I am not surprised, yet I am very disappointed.

Not enough fishing for widows, divorcees, disgruntled middle class employees and fresh graduates swamped in debts, now we got ppl tryna exploit covid19 crisis.

Ok. I have underestimated humanity’s infinite potential for malice.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Meanlucario  
These types deliberately go for ppl who are not doing okay, because they know they’re the easiest ones to swindle.

These guys are sociopaths and are unethical. They know FULL WELL what the effects of their scams on others are. That’s why the best (worst) of them have lawyers and put in systems that could make them not responsible for the shit they pull, and then blame the victims.

These guys have deleted smaller channels calling them out, threatening legal actions or suing for a lotta dollars. Even IF they don’t think of how it affects others, they’re very much aware because they are bombarded by complaints all the damn time, of ppl losing money and savings and pension plans.

I wrote some posts on the stupid thread, so I’m not repeating it here.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide