The Sports Thread

igotnopicks
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
@Mikey
But if we are going to judge a team by thier record then the Lions are the worst team 0-10-1.
The Steelers took 0-17 season away from us.
But if we go by judging team quality buy wins and Losses.
Then the Bills would be low because of that loss to Jacksonville. And the Steelers would also be low because of that tie.
SNESChalmers
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -

What have I become...
@igotnopicks
Wonder if it will just be for a segment or if Tree’s gonna drop a full standalone episode of “Days of our Steelers”?
9-3 with a mostly solid win against the Rams going into the bye week, I’ll take it.
Background Human
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Mikey
WHO DEY? I mean, aside from the Bears, Packers, Jets, and Browns.
But that’s the year it’s been. The putative #1 seed in the AFC just put up four interceptions and only 16 points, and walked away with a win anyway because Browns. Teams at 4-7 are still “in the hunt” in the NFC. And the Steelers are finding a way to go .500 in a 17-game season.
igotnopicks

Monado User
The 49ers next opponet is Seattle.
Let me see if they lost.
Oh they lost to the Football Team.
And their season is done. They don’t have so many picks. Infact they need an offensive line badly. And Caroll needs to go.
igotnopicks

Monado User
The Steelers played this week already. And they lost to the Vikings.
Chase Claypool entering his name in Days of Our Steelers infamy.
Background Human

CHS, Class of 20XX
@igotnopicks
They shouldn’t have even been in that game. Down 29-0 with 6:15 in the 3rd. Make an impossible comeback to 36-28 with 2:16 left. No timeouts, every second counts, they get all the way from their 4 to the Minnesota 12, and Claypool’s dicking around gives them only one shot at the end zone, which to his credit Harrison Smith expertly defends. Absolutely brutal loss.
Hell of a pick-me-up for the Vikings, though, I’ll tell you that. Maybe it’ll motivate them to do some good stuff down the stretch.
igotnopicks

Monado User
@Background Human
Hey the Steelers tried to make a comeback and failed.
yeah I know the Steelers were down by 29-0. Chase Claypool cost them valuable seconds as well as getting a penalty early on. Look Chase Claypool is gifted but he needs to stop doing these antics.
Background Human

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Mikey
Is that even a good thing at this point? Mason Fucking Rudolph sure isn’t the answer, and as I understand it this year’s draft class is kinda crappy at the QB position. 2022 might be a full-on rebuilding year.
GenericArchangel
Alicorn Squadron - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Artist -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Free the Tantabus
Today, December 12, 2021, is a day that will go down in history.
Today is the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, held in the UAE. Ever since the track was added to the calendar, it has been the last race of every Formula 1 season. Normally, the Driver’s and Constructor’s champions are decided by the time we get to the Yas Marina Circuit.
Not this year.
Max Verstappen: 367.5 points.
Lewis Hamilton: 367.5 points.
2021 has been a hell of a season. The lead for the driver’s title has changed 5 times, and in the last few weeks, Hamilton has made up enough ground to tie up the fight heading into the last Grand Prix.
It hasn’t been tied going into the last round since 1978.
Lewis Hamilton is the first driver to win more than 100 races, and is tied with Michael Schumacher for an astonishing 7 championship wins. If he wins, he becomes the first to win 8. The first Black driver in F1 history and, to date, the only one. Some say he is the Greatest of All Time. In a sport with an inherently unlevel playing field- since no two teams use the same car- such a title is impossible to assess. But there is no doubt that he is a living legend.
Max Verstappen was, when he first drove for Toro Rosso, the youngest driver to ever compete in an F1 event. The majority of his wins have come to him this season as Red Bull has finally caught Mercedes’ performance. If he wins, this will be his first title. He will be the first Dutch driver to win a title. He will be the first driver to win for a team other than Mercedes since 2013, when Sebastian Vettel won for Red Bull.
One race. Neither has to win. Neither even has to sit on the podium. One must simply finish ahead of the other. Verstappen sits on pole position- historically, the pole-sitter wins since it was hard to overtake on this track. But this year, they renovated the circuit- it remains to be seen if this solves the track’s overtaking problem.
The greatest season in recent memory ends today, in the UAE. If ever there was a race to watch, watch this one. It will be remembered long after the engines are stopped.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide