The Mega Man thread!

Background Pony #B3CF
@Marx

Yeah, it can pass unseen since one likely plays ZX only has one of the two, but there are quite significant differences in the dialogues in the story in base to who choose to play with. Many Mega Man fans do agree that Aile’s version of the story is better, her portrayal as character is one of the reasons.
Background Pony #B3CF
@Cyborg_pony  
To be fair, Giro’s vision on the protagonist seems to be different in base to who you choice. He seems to aknowledge Vent as a bit irresponsible while Aile more kind and lighthearted (also, a little fun fact: in Aile’s story, Giro says that he has been a guardian for a long time, while for Vent he says that he hasn’t been for too long. Actually, according to a very old interview, Giro lied to Vent about that and other things, because he didn’t trust him enough). Even the various NPCs of the game, the citizens and the equipe members of the Guardian Ship, are way more kind over Aile than Vent. These are small things, but that give an idea of how different the two actually are as characters. It’s not the same character just “one male the other female” like many people think. In Advent the thing was more explicit with Grey and Ashe thought, starting with the fact that the first was a reploid, the other was a human. But that’s another story (besides, I prefer to believe Advent never happened unless Capcom decided to continue the story from where they left. The cliffhanger at the end of Advent, and the feeling of incompleteness it gives due to never having sequels leaves a very sour taste in my mouth. So until further notice I will pretend ZX never had sequels).
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@Background Pony #8ABB  
I was never a big fan of the double story. I never thought there was enough there to justify it. At least when you got X and Zero, you got different playstyles.

The only thing from Advent is Grey felt like he was actually fighting for something. He was going to be used as a puppet Megaman, which I always found odd that reploids could use Biometals in the first place. I felt like it should of been as human thing since it gave them reploid-like abilities.

And Above all, Vent just has a better transformation scene, hands down.

full
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

@Marx  
It was. They’re supposed to be what’s happening withing the second the transformation takes place. Both Ashe’s and Alie’s were too long, while Grey’s and Vents were just armoring up.

The same thing with the Kamen Rider dragon night, the Henshins they were dumb because they were longer.

A drawn out transformation is dull.
Background Pony #B3CF
@Cyborg_pony

To be fair I’m not a fan of that neither. I’d have preferred both existing in the same story it would have been better, and also would have added a brother and sister dynamic. Sadly this is what we got. If I have to choose one of them I easely choose Aile over Vent. End of the story just don’t debate my choice ok?
Cyborg_pony

@Beau Skunky  
Eh.

It’s neat, but I’d rather go for the more obscure Capcom arcade games. Mega Man 1 and 2 are easily found everywhere.

And for the price. Again, rather get one of the actual arcade games. Like 1942, or DarkStalekrs.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Cyborg_pony  
It’s a handheld collectable, so it’d likely be $20. Which wouldn’t be bad for 2 games.

Though, Arcade1UP is also coming out with a TV dongle with a cool blue MM wireless controller, with all 6 NES games included. Might be a better buy, but kinda lacks the portability factor.

full
Cyborg_pony

@Beau Skunky  
I already have the Collection on Switch. The only thing that it’s missing is the arcade games, soccer, the kart game and Mega Man and Bass.

Really wish they could revamp the gameboy ones using a better Music chip for better sound quality. I heard they were going to, but some B.S. or so stopped them. Dunno why. A Collection on the GBA of the GB games, when MMBN and Zero were in full steam would have killed.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide