The downfall of TGWTG or Channel Awesome

Background Pony #0FB1
full  
Doug did a Nostalgia Critic video on Strange Magic, and just like every time he reviews something made by George Lucas, it’s filled with him bashing the Star Wars prequel trilogy and Lucas himself. I think someone needs to tell Doug that hating on those things stopped being cool about four years ago, when it became cool to hate the sequel trilogy.
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
@Background Pony #0FB1  
I get that the prequels are notorious for how infamous they are but there comes a point when you’ve pretty much squeezed every last drop of what you can say about them not to mention Doug himself has gone out of his way to talk about the positives about the films to showcase that they actually aren’t the worst things ever made which becomes really contradicting when you continue to still insult them anyways especially when people started going back to them and actually liking them after what a mess the new trilogy was.  
Plus you gotta love how Doug said he’d never do a review of Phantom Menace because there is nothing he could add that hasn’t already been said and yet he still talks about it in his miscellaneous videos and actually did a Disneycember review of it despite it technically not being made by Disney after they bought the rights.
Background Pony #4D25
full I think someone needs to tell Doug that hating on those things stopped being cool about four years ago, when it became cool to hate the sequel trilogy.

Reminds me of the Cinema Snob’s look at 1980 movies and says Empire came out “back when it was fun to like Star Wars.”
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Sata Andagi!
@Dex Stewart  
I didn’t watch the new movie (mostly because of the pandemic closing theaters and streaming services charging a lot to watch online) though I’ve heard from a lot of people that it isn’t good so I’m a little conflicted about seeing it now especially since I liked the first movie a lot.  
Still I doubt I want to see what Doug thinks of it especially if it’s another stupid clipless review.
Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
@Background Pony #0FB1  
@Dr_Osaka  
@Dex Stewart  
UGH. Even back when I was a frequent watcher of the Nostalgia Critic, I never liked his “shit on the Star Wars prequels” “jokes”. I mean, I get it. They are very flawed movies. But I never had much of an issue with them. Then again, I’m a casual viewer of the Star Wars series anyway so maybe I’m just “naive”. I wish I could stopped his The Force Awakens video and forced him to watch The Phantom Menace again until he could properly get Jar-Jar’s species name right. I could see him acting like a whiny child about wanting to watch a Star Wars prequel as punishment.  
Also get this, does anybody remember Demo Reel? Well, I recently watched an analysis on it and in the series, Doug Walker’s character’s past in based on Jake Lloyd’s and that his character wants to fight fate. Its one thing he wanted to base his fictional character on real people but Jake Lloyd?! Especially since shitting on The Phantom Menace was a reoccurring thing of the Nostalgia Critic? Ain’t that fucking rich of Doug to do this! Does this mean he has more respect for Jake Lloyd after Demo Reel, especially after hearing what happened to poor Jake after The Phantom Menace?

(The trailer for the NC’s The Force Awakens’ video)  
Tamara as Rey: I’m no one…..  
Nostalgia Critic:….Jake Lloyd no one?

PFFT! Of course not.

@Dex Stewart  
That’s cool if you do but I couldn’t stand his clipless video of Pixels. Probably because I saw the movie and could see the glaring flaws in Doug’s analysis.
Background Pony #F03D
@Dr_Osaka  
I saw the review myself. Thankfully, it wasn’t a clipless review, as the movie already got a home media release last month. To summerize the video, Doug thought the movie was stupid, in a fun way.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
Anyone else see the latest news about Todd, Dany, Lindsay, and Oancitizen? Lindsay’s stuff is one thing, but finding out what Chez Apocalypse was like towards the end was revealing, and is arguably worse than stuff in the CTC document.
HeadlessHorselessHorseman

@Ebalosus  
I know Ellis has been hounded off of Twitter for posting a Disney hot take, and made an hour-long video response. She’s reaping the whirlwind, but on her good days she probably already knows that, so I do feel kind of bad.

That was probably the point where more people on TvTropes started waking up to canceling being a real thing. It’s all fun and games until it happens to someone you really like.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Angrybrony  
@HeadlessHorselessHorseman

Basically that Oancitizen was not only an abuser, (As confirmed in Dany’s response) but got together with what the Kiwifarmers, Todd, and Dany consider a dramawhore troublemaker that caused a lot of friction in their clique. Here’s Todd’s take on the situation. It’s funny, because they tell on themselves in those documents, with Todd saying (in a roundabout way) that Lindsay is a bitch, and Dany admitting that Kyle (Oancitizen) sought Lindsay’s advice on how to deal with Kyle’s old accusers, to which she provided. Dany’s also known for defending access media’s dick-sucking of Hollywood, so that clique circling the wagons and defending their friends’ shitty behaviour isn’t surprising.

At best, it shows that they’re no better than CA when it comes to dealing with shatbaggery in their own ranks, and at worst are willing to go the Hollywood route of “cancellation for thee but not me” when accusations are thrown at them, but at least Lindsay wouldn’t do that, right?…

full

Also, Lindsay was friends with Film Roberto at some point. Go figure…

full
HeadlessHorselessHorseman

@Ebalosus  
I mean, Todd does say that Ellis can be “short,” but mostly he and her seem to be on the same side in all this. He’s not being seriously critical of her in any way.

Also, no one involved appears to believe the accusations against Oancitizen. If anything, they lean towards speculating that he’s the one being abused.
Background Pony #9A2C
@Background Pony #7483  
I CALLED IT!  
full  
Not like it wasn’t super obvious though. Speaking of Disney live-action remakes, my next prediction is that Doug will hate Cruella and do a Nostalgia Critic video on it within the next year or so.
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!
@Background Pony #9A2C  
This is why I stopped caring about Doug, I mean aside from this pretty much being a dead horse at this point  
(Seriously count how many people have reviewed Mulan 2020)  
But Doug has already talked about this movie as himself and Disneycember so is there really more he needs to say that hasn’t said before. There’s nothing watching with these live action remake reviews because it’s the same thing over and over again, Doug doesn’t like these movies and never will so why should we care anymore.  
That and I don’t appreciate him talking about these movies AND talking about the originals as well cause it sends mixed messages when you say you don’t like the cartoon and yet you still like it compared to it’s live action counterpart as if the original was always the best.  
(I have the same problem with all of his Jurassic Park reviews)
Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
@Dr_Osaka  
Why? Does he not like the original Mulan?  
(Yeah, I can understand looking at a popular movie and making a comedic review on it to see if it “still holds up” but if he says he likes the movie at the beginning and you watch the review, it feels like he really wants to say that he wants to dislike it because its made by a popular director who likes overusing certain effects or it stars an actor who is known for playing quirky underdog characters.)
The Glim Glam

Glim Glam Fam~
@Ebalosus

Minor note but I find it amusing that Kyle acts like such a toughass but he’s such a child when he labels everything as Fascist, spams that Antifa is a good thing, and jumped on the “German Expressionism lead to Nazism” crap.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@The Glim Glam

Besides him being a film theorist, I’ve never really been able to pin Kyle. The last thing I ever saw from him was on Twitter where he defended the right to make rape jokes when there was some controversy about Daniel Tosh making a rape joke way back when (2012/2013).

More broadly, I’ve never been able to pin down who is fanbase is meant to be, beyond film students into really niche films. The best I can gather is that he’s a Nella to Chez Apocalypse rather than to just Lindsay, in that without it, he can’t stand on his own. To be fair to him, the Oancitizen thing isn’t really what he wanted to do as his main output (akin to Film Brain wanting to do Projector as his main show and not BMB), so him pulling back from it is pretty understandable.
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!
@northern haste  
Something worth noting about Doug: negating his Top 11 lists, Old vs. New, Disneycember, and Editorials, you want to know what the oldest thing Doug has ever reviewed as the Nostalgia Critic? The Star Wars Holiday Special from 1978.  
Doug usually talks only about things from the 80s, 90s and onward.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide