The downfall of TGWTG or Channel Awesome

The Glim Glam
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Glim Glam Fam~
@Background Pony #7FB7

MAP lost support when he began to obnoxiously shame people for enjoying things he hates. Like how Crimson Mayhem denounced him for attacking a mutual friend over the grave sin of…. enjoying TLJ.

Honestly the sad part is MAP ain’t gonna stop considering even mutuals are tired of his masturbatory wanking of people enjoying stuff he hates or raging at people daring to criticize him.

At best with Lewis, I’m just tired of his Twitter feed being politics, like how that one time it was nothing but annoying retweets of Tucker Carson’s reaction face.
Background Pony #7FB7
@The Glim Glam  
Oh, did hear about what Misanthropony did recently? How he listed peoples accounts off and posted links to every single one of them in hopes they’d get arrested?

The guy’s official a psychopath by this point.
northern haste
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Enter if you dare
And I thought it was bad when he padded out hold his openings with complaining about random crap that didn’t Affect the quality of the episode
Background Pony #D7FD
I really just want the asshole just to break down again when people finally have had enough with his shit just so he can do another apology like the several 100 times
Background Pony #E63B
@The Glim Glam
Oh, did hear about what Misanthropony did recently? How he listed peoples accounts off and posted links to every single one of them in hopes they’d get arrested?

Wait, what? When did that happen?
Background Pony #E63B
@The Glim Glam
Wait, what? When did that happen?

Nevermind. Looked into it. Looks like his list targets anyone who has any sort of defense for the movie Cuties. But sheesh, this guy is a total drama queen.
Background Pony #E63B
@The Glim Glam  
Indeed. It not only does it make him look like a complete tool, but doesn’t he realize that weaponizing your audience to target individuals online a violation of YouTube’s ToS?
Background Pony #BC65
Although I don’t want this to turn into the “MisAnthro Pony Rant Thread”, I may as well throw in my two cents on the guy while we’re currently talking about him.

Honestly, I’m very disappointed in how he’s been acting over the past few years. I’ve been following him ever since he first started his YouTube channel, and back then he did a series of rant videos on various members of the brony analysis community. Many people felt he was being too harsh on them, and after getting backlash for it, he apologized profusely and promised to become a better person.

It seems he ultimately learned nothing from that experience though, because he’s since jumped on the “overly-long video essay style rants about why this thing sucks and you’re an idiot if you disagree” bandwagon that’s become (in)famous on YouTube in recent years, and he’s easily one of the most vitriolic people in that group. He’s done rants on The Last Jedi, The Lion King remake, the Grogar twist in The Ending of the End, The Last of Us Part II, Steven Universe, Cuties, he’s even working on a follow-up to The Last Jedi rant.

What’s sad is that there’s legitimate criticism to be had regarding some of the things he’s ranted about. For example, I too am disgusted by Cuties and how some people are using it to justify pedophilia. But the fact that MisAnthro Pony attacks anyone who says anything remotely positive about the film, puts them on what is essentially a hit list, and encourages his viewers to harass them in the hopes they get arrested is nothing short of psychotic.

And bringing things back to the subject of this thread, there’s of course his extreme hatred of Doug Walker. Even as someone who believes Doug has done a lot of things wrong in the past and has lost a lot of interest in his work, I feel like MisAnthro Pony’s rants towards him border on a-logging territory. He’s become a very toxic person, and I wish he’d just stop for one moment and realize the more he acts the way he does, the more people he alienates.
northern haste
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Enter if you dare
I was soon noticed a bit of hypocrisy with MisAnthro involving rotten tomatoes Saying that it was a horrible site and anyone with half a brain would know at Because the ghostBuster reboot had a fresh score But yet on his Twitter he posted a gif about the negative score the lion king got
The Glim Glam

Glim Glam Fam~
@Background Pony #BC65

This is a general mood. I basically followed him when he started off and still supported him despite the reputation he got.

Now I just like his pony character than him because he’s a trashy, arrogant, and borderline psychotic person. And even if he gets called, he sure as hell isn’t gonna change now…

@northern haste

Didn’t even learn from the LethalAuoraMage drama..
The Glim Glam

Glim Glam Fam~
@Angrybrony

Waaay back when MisAnthro was starting off, he attacked artist Lethal Aurora Mage (who is/was Byter’s girlfriend, Byter being one of those “wah MLP sucks after season 3” reviewers…) in one of those rant videos. The reason it began to make people change their opinions on it was because it was not only poorly researched (he labeled her a reviewer because she was featured in a few videos, but was never an actual reviewer) and flat out even declaring that nobody should commission her when he brought up her DA Page.
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Sata Andagi!
So I was rewatching Shinobi-03’s review of Doug’s review of Jurassic Park and something I’m surprised he didn’t talk about was the fact that Doug pointed out the strings on the Dilophosaur.  
Doug constantly keeps talking about how there is too much CGI in movies and not enough practical effects being used, but then the one time there are practical effects Doug has to point out how the puppet shows it’s weaknesses, I mean seriously. Also I find Doug’s comment to be weak anyways because you can hardly even see the strings especially when the rain is covering it up so this guy is really stretching for things to criticize and make jokes out of.
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Sata Andagi!
@Background Pony #000E  
True except he comes off as more smug about how he critiques things and rarely changes his opinions even if he’s wrong about it, his F@%$ Ups video might be him correcting mistakes he made but he still has to act like he wasn’t in the wrong about what he said or comes up with new criticisms for the movie now that he has new information.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@UserAccount

I agree, since as stated before, 2012 was when analytical media criticism (what is on YouTube at least now known as video essays) eclipsed the traditional riffing/angry (wo)man on camera ranting about/making fun of movies format that had been the mainstay since the AVGN popularised it. Him ending the NC then made sense…which is why in hindsight all the complaints in the CTC google doc about “Doug throwing us under the bus at the end of To Boldly Flee!” come across as tone-deaf. Did they not realise that the winds were changing towards more analytical style approaches?
HeadlessHorselessHorseman

@Ebalosus  
He never told them he was ending the NC until it was too late; this was well after they were depending on TGWTG’s popularity to keep them afloat. I mean, I guess you could blame them for not trying to find their own ways sooner, but they were drawn onto the site to begin with on the promise of mutual marketing, and they lost their biggest ratings draw without warning.

A lot of Channel Awesome’s problems came down to Doug Walker being the central personality of the site even though he wasn’t supposed to be. I think Malcolm and Tamara get along with him much better (as far as we know) because they went into this knowing they weren’t going to be independent content creators. There’s no ambiguity about what their relationship to Walker is.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide