The downfall of TGWTG or Channel Awesome

northern haste
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Enter if you dare
@Beau Skunky  
Infairness those toys including the RoboCop ones were more based on Saturday morning cartoons then the actual movies which is still weird. Although I don’t think Terminator had a cartoon maybe had one plant like alien but it was cancelled and they did the toys anyway.  
Also with Terminator you can buy off brand logo
Background Pony #6E6A
@Angrybrony

The only videos I even bother with are Brad’s now.

Never cared for Bennett and he came off as a dick in some of his posts. Lewis can go fuck himself.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@Angrybrony

Speaking of SF Debris, I checked up on his former colleague Confused Matthew today, and boy has he turned into the normiest of normies when it comes to movie takes. It’s quite shocking really, because when he was a reviewer, he at least backed up his controversial takes with succinct reasoning. To paraphrase him, he basically said he’s done an about-face on all his original views as expressed in his reviews, and has more normie takes on controversial movies than when he was a reviewer.

The reason I bring this up here, is because he himself said in his video that his reviews were tied into his schtick, that being well, confused on why certain properties got the reception that they did. Note that there’s nothing wrong with people, even media reviewers/analysts, having views that change, but that if those views form the basis for your reviewing schtick, it can hurt you. To Matthew’s credit, he’s said he’s retired from Confused Matthew, so I’ll cut him some slack for having different views now than when he was a reviewer.

…But what if he continued to do Confused Matthew with is more mainstream takes? Would that work, or would it be antithetical to the conceit which he started doing reviews with, namely being confused as to why a movie got the reception it did with the flaws he’s pointing out? Would it work with say, a reviewer of nostalgic properties who’s conceit is that they aren’t as good as you remember them? What about a comic book reviewer who’s conceit is only reviewing terrible comic books?
Background Pony #0198
@northern haste  
This has always been a big pet peeve of mine with reviewers. Right before a remake or sequel to a popular film comes out, they always try to cash in on the hype by reviewing the original film. I know CinemaSins and Honest Trailers are especially guilty of this. In the case of Mulan, it actually backfired on them rather hilariously. They had their videos on the original film ready to go back when the remake was scheduled for release in March, but then of course it got delayed at the last minute. Since CinemaSins and Honest Trailers work on a weekly schedule however, they weren’t able to delay their videos, resulting in them being released a few days before the remake’s initial release date.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@Background Pony #0198

To be fair the complaint about jumping on topical trends isn’t exactly a new one, as I remember as far back as 2009 people complaining about reviewers (or video makers in general) doing that.
Background Pony #7483
Doug Walker just put out a review of the Mulan remake, and I can already tell by the thumbnail that he hates it. At this point, Doug liking a Disney live-action remake is on par with Half-Life 3 being confirmed, i.e. it’s never gonna happen.

Anyway, expect to see a Nostalgia Critic video on the movie within the next few months or so, because these days pretty much every modern film he hates gets the NC treatment.
Background Pony #68F8
I mean by all account the Mulan remake is genuinely shit according to both critics and the casual audience.
northern haste
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Enter if you dare
Both the critics score and audience score on rt Is just a number in his only match to represent the percent of people that are liked a movie.  
Also when both scores do not say what people will claim It was are Paid off or Spammed
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Dex Stewart  
Truthfully, I actually liked that movie, even if it isn’t Disney’s best.

And yeah, that description is a bit vague. Didn’t know Cree Summer (Dulcy from Sonic, Penny from Inspector Gadget, Susie from Rugrats, Elmyra from Tiny Toons) was in the movie.
Dex Stewart
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Beau Skunky  
Most people I know like Atlantis. It’s not everyone’s favorite,but it is certainly worth more than a 49. Actually,the first thing that made me not a fan of RT was back when a couple Journey to the West movies came out. Stephen Chow’s film got rated higher than The Monkey King with Donnie Yen. I couldn’t take them Seriously after that.

Also I watched Doug Walkers video on the Mulan Remake. Doesn’t sound like I’d like it. No Mushu,Crikee,Mulan’s friends, music,and apparently no notable scenes for Donnie Yen.  
Brad Jones was a bit more favorable,though it still seems the most positive response is just ‘meh’.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
Yeah, Atlantis wasn’t that bad. I’m oftentimes shocked R.T. will give one movie a rotten score, then give a similar, yet newer movie a much better score, just because it’s newer.

@Dex Stewart  
I’d like to find out if it’s more true to the original Chinese tale, but it is a shame it’ll apparently lack the whimsy, and comic-relief the original animated one had.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide