The downfall of TGWTG or Channel Awesome

The Glim Glam
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Glim Glam Fam~
@Background Pony #8544

Matilda is a classic movie from the 1990s starring Mara Wilson. It’s about a young girl who’s actually psychic and uses her powers during tough times involving a cartoonishly bad family and a vicious headmistress.

It’s a rather great movie based off the book by Ronald Dahl (the same guy who wrote Charlie and the Chocolate Factory).

Doug had tendencies of bitching and whining about Mara’s acting and once planned to riff on the movie for an NC episode…except the fans of the movie absolutely were VICIOUS and it made him not do the review.
TenaciousDreamer2nd

Gonna play devils advocate here, but given how much of a toxic, petty person Allison is, I’m starting to wonder if the whole “missed a phone call” thing genuinely is the reason she was fired years ago, or if it’s a cover for why she was really let go and she’s using that as the excuse to play victim, which she’s proven to do.
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Sata Andagi!
There was once a time when I liked Doug Walker as the Nostalgia Critic, I thought he was funny and I did like watching him review things that I remembered from my childhood. (like Pagemaster, FernGully and We’re Back!)

But there came a point when Doug just wasn’t doing it for me anymore, and after reviews like Jurassic Park and Sailor Moon I pretty much gave up on him and stopped watching. I did go back every once in a while just to see if he had anything interesting to talk about and while I did enjoy reviews like The Last Airbender, Food Fight, The Emoji Movie and even Freddy Got Fingered most of his videos were lackluster and not very funny.

On top of that I was starting to form opinions of my own not always looking to critics to tell me what’s worth viewing and though I do still enjoy James Rolfe and Phelous for being entertaining as well as informative, Doug sadly just got worse and worse to the point where now I enjoy youtubers like Shinobi-03 and MisAnthroPony who point out why Doug is so bad at his job.

On top of crapping on movies that I love like The Original Lion King, The Jungle Book 2016, Sam Raimi Spider-Man movies and pretty much every Jurassic Park movie ever made; Doug started doing those clipless reviews which were boring, not funny and are poor analysis of the movies, not that Doug is always great a reviewing when he has he footage but it is far worse when he doesn’t have it. Have the time they aren’t even reviews, Hocus Pocus and Pink Floyd’s The Wall were badly constructed parodies of the movie he was supposed to review.

At this point in time I pretty much stopped giving a shit about Channel Awesome and have started finding other channels with more creativity or at least more charm. I’ve come to really enjoy youtubers like Cellspex, ElectricDragon505, SaborSparks, Musical Hell, and as I mentioned before Phelous and AVGN all of these I find to be far better then what has become of Doug Walker nowadays.
The Glim Glam

Glim Glam Fam~
@Dr_Osaka

That’s basically my own thoughts when it comes to Doug, although I don’t watch Phelous these days, I find his meta humor rather meh these days and his attempts to mock his audience when they disagree with him is frustrating.
Background Pony #17BF
Only thing to add here was thst I saw a video from the Youtuber, The Gamer From Mars that discusses about 3 Youtubers who started from the early days of the platform that managed to maintain their viewer count after all these years. Those 3 Youtubers being Red Letter Media, James Rolfe, and of course, Doug Walker.
UserAccount
Duck - User has been known to often resemble a waterfowl
Duck - User has been known to often resemble a waterfowl
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

#1 Spikeabuse Fan
Lupa is the most genuinely bad and abusive person related to TGWTG. Her trying to act like a victim is the most embarrassing thing I’ve ever seen. She abused Brad and his family. I have no sympathy for her not getting Arby’s one day or whatever.

I’m not defending anyone else’s actions, just saying that hers were hands down the worst and most actively harmful and malicious. She needs to get over this petty internet drama and publicly apologize to Brad for the way she treated him and the harm she caused his family.

It’s sad too, because I consider Lupa and Phaelon to be two of the the funniest people who were ever on the site. Way more talented than Doug and their sense of humor was more my style than Brad’s. They’re just naturally funny people. Or at least they used to be, I haven’t watched any of their new stuff.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
I never followed any of the Channel Awesome drama.I guess it’s better that way,I can still watch Phelous and Cinema Snob without feeling awkward.I occasionally watch NC’s videos,but even at the beginning I didn’t watch his videos often.I usually only watch his videos if it’s about something I actually care about,like when he did a Robocop remake review awhile ago.
SD50-2
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Bat Pone Fan
Did anyone else see Crash Thompson’s rant about Doug Walker and the NC’s The Wall in his worst Albums of 2019 list? If so, what’d y’all think about it?

@Dex Stewart  
IIRC, Phelous had left long before this drama came about.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@SD50-2  
The only reason I knew Phelous was ever a part of Channel Awesome,was because I really liked Kickassia.I still like that movie.Not so much the other Channel Awesome movies.They should have just let everyone improvise everything and forgot about having an epic plot because they weren’t good at plots,at least not two-three hour plots.
TenaciousDreamer2nd

Speaking of similarities to Doug and E-Rod, for laughs I glanced at his twitter page and noticed one comment where he mentioned Disney’s Bonkers was supposed to be a Roger Rabbit cartoon and changed at the last minute, even though that was proven to be an urban legend. That’s the exact same mistake Doug made in his Disney Afternoon review years ago. He really does have a similar problem with failing at doing any sort of research, so it’s funny how for someone who hates Doug Walker so much, he really is so much like him.
Background Pony #6E6A
Since nobody’s mentioned it yet, Doug is doing an NC series on the old Spider-Man movies.

One scene from his “review” of the first movie that’s been mocked is him not getting why Jonah doesn’t sell Peter out to the Green Goblin, feeling it’s “too much of a stretch.”

Nevermind how even when he’s written as more of a jerk Jameson still is portrayed with some standards. Even in the 90s cartoon he still helped Spidey out against the Scorpion because he realized Scorpion was a far worse threat than he felt Spidey was, and in the 2-parter with Daredevil it turned out he paid for Peter’s legal fees when Kingpin framed him.

Next time Doug makes a video where he criticizes someone for not doing any research I almost want to post a comment on the video laughing at him. He’s the pot calling the kettle black.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide