The downfall of TGWTG or Channel Awesome

DeathCloud

Agent of Shadows
I stopped watching TGWTG year ago, not remember when exactly.  
I only watched NC and Linkara regularly or tried.  
Linkara I tried to be up to date with his videos but I always ended falling behind, comic book reviews are tiring and some times boring when compared to shows or games plot stuff balanced it out but it stopped working for me , I couldn’t keep up and at some point it was to much.  
I supported NC return, but now not sure about it, at first it was great but I soon become sick and fed up with Critic style. I stopped watching his videos between reviews and months later reviews itself.  
GG related controversies reason why I finally gave up on this site. I never that much of SJW influence, didn’t saw much of video of those people to be sure (Todd was fine from what I saw long time before and Oan video was cool, Linkara feminism never feel obnoxious to me).  
I had problems with some other people there.  
I stopped watching Nostalgia Chick really early, always felt to meansprired but not entertaining or that much of good in analysis. N  
CR - no need for explanation here.  
Jesus Otaku, I stopped liking her when she stared trolling various fanbases.  
Spoony acted like asshole and I just can’t no longer tolerate it and find excuses for him.

But behavior of Channel Awesome contributors is only or maybe even main factor I stopped liking this. I think concept of that kind of internet video reviews, those with amateur aura, interaction/fights with character from reviewed (or related) thing or not having fully serious review is overdone, cliched, kinda Senfield is Unfunny now. I seen similar sentiment among posters on 8chan (among those who are not raging eceleb haters). Doing videos with more professional approach in creating videos (better cameras, effects, hiring actors, ect) don’t fix it to me, old charm can’t be restored or replaced.

I’m glad that To Boldly Flee came in when it did, not later. When I liked most people there. And it is still good finale for TGWTG.

Curretly I’m more about reviews with some really unique gimick (Zero Puntuations) or serious, more proffesional reviews like SF Debris.
Virgil Stormblade
Thread Starter - The downfall of TGWTG or Channel Awesome

AT-STS! AT-STS! AT-STS!
@DeathCloud  
All things considered, their behaviour outside videos was what caused me to hate them. I never liked the Nostalgia Chick at all, she has a voice that doesn’t sound appealing and she always sounded bored to me. Nostalgia Critic is someone who I still think is funny. Linkara, however, I dropped ever since he started using the Screenwave player.

Todd’s descent really hurt me, honestly, to think I once supported him for 4 years makes me feel unclean. Oan I rarely watch but that time he called Depression Quest a game that teaches empathy and called GGers lacking in empathy just made ma said “Nope!”.

Yeah, CR hating every single thing about MLP once Season 3 started, yeah, makes me glad he isn’t a brony anymore. Say, who wants to troll JesuOtaku (Note:Trolling is not the same as cyberbullying) by showing the various evidence that she hates bronies. But seriously though, I hope someone slaps her in the face. Spoony is an ass. Honestly, I’d like to imagine To Boldly Flee was where it ended despite its bullshit ending.

Zero Punctuation, I really like. Yahtzee’s funny but you can tell there’s still passion in him for gaming which I shall credit solely due to Silent Hill 2.
Virgil Stormblade

AT-STS! AT-STS! AT-STS!
For those of you who don’t know, when TGWTG’s site became Channel Awesome, for every week, there will be a new featured producer and this week it’s…oh, Some Jerk with A Camera, who’s anti-GG, great. His featured video is The Simpsons Ride video. Link here: http://channelawesome.com/some-jerk-the-simpsons-ride/

Nostalgia critic’s newest review is Fantastic 4. Link here: http://channelawesome.com/nostalgia-critic-fantastic-4/

And his actor has a Daredevil vlog series. It’s now currently up to episode 3.

Todd has a new One-Hit Wonderland episode. Link here:http://channelawesome.com/one-hit-wonderland-st-elmos-fire-man-in-motion-by-john-parr/

And Linkara’s new video is a comic which crosses over Star Trek and Doctor Who. Link here:http://channelawesome.com/at4w-star-trek-the-next-generationdoctor-who-1-8/
uc9
Thread Starter - /nsfw-monster-musume-thread

Corrupter of the pure
uc9 knows a lot about this

To make it speedy; Almost all of Channel Awesome are dicks. People have known they’ve been dicks for years; only recently have their tried ramming their dicks down other people’s throats.

The biggest financially dickery Doug did was ask his Aunt and Uncle for $50k to start up channel awesome which he never paid back.

Channel Awesome is probably legitimately falling apart cause besides Doug there’s only one other person on Channel Awesome who brings in more money than they cost. Chances are in the long run the overwhelming majority of people are going to get fired from the company cause Doug started up the company not knowing how to run a company and as a result he hired a bunch of people that aren’t in the long run good choices.

The only person besides Doug that is financially worth keeping is Angry Joe cause he brings in money. Hell not even Linkara brings in any money.

Tl:dr; in say a year or two the only contributors for channel awesome will probably be Doug and Angry Joe cause nobody else brings in any money. If Joe leaves then the company Channel Awesome is legitimately fucked.

Tl:dr of Tl:dr; Channel Awesome is financially fucked in the long run.
Virgil Stormblade

AT-STS! AT-STS! AT-STS!
@uc9  
So Doug asked his Aunt and Uncle for money and never paid them back, huh? Can you link the source?

Also, are there any Channel Awesome producers who aren’t dicks?
uc9
Thread Starter - /nsfw-monster-musume-thread

Corrupter of the pure
@Virgil Stormblade  
I’m having a hard time to find that particular drama; not cause I don’t know where to find the info on it, but rather Doug is such a dramawhore that it’s like trying to find a specific piece of shit in a sewer.

ObscuraLupus and Phelous talked about how shit it was working at channel awesome when they were fired.
QuasarNova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Thread Starter - Equestria Girls RPG
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Really, the one to blame here is Michaud.

He had the idea for the site (wouldn’t surprise me if he convinced Doug to ask for the money and he being a doormat, well…), he’s in charge of finding and bringing new people and has the responsibility to manage those things, how does he do it?

>How ‘Ask that guy’ was created  
>Michaud: Q&A’s are popular, do that

Most I can blame Doug for is being a doormat in those cases since he rarely draws the line himself and needs Rob to do it for him. But since he’s the face of the site it’s easier to draw a target on the guy rather than, you know, the guy who should be accounted responsible for a lousy administration.
Virgil Stormblade

AT-STS! AT-STS! AT-STS!
@uc9  
Hey, I read that post. I really feel sorry for Phelous, he works for free and his effects are really good for Internet standards and he gets shit-talked behind his back. And suddenly, those jokes in Kickassia where Phelous is constantly abused seem a lot less funny.
Virgil Stormblade

AT-STS! AT-STS! AT-STS!
@uc9  
Yeah, those new guys could get booted off the site and I wouldn’t care in the slightest.

BTW, have you liked any of the new contributors except for SF Debris?
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@uc9  
The only person besides Doug that is financially worth keeping is Angry Joe cause he brings in money. Hell not even Linkara brings in any money.
Gonna need some sauce on that?
Virgil Stormblade

AT-STS! AT-STS! AT-STS!
Sees “Shark Jumping:TV Doesn’t Get Cyberbullying”. sigh Oh great, another anti-GGer talking about that Law and Order:SVU episode (for the record, this was also posted on Channel Awesome). Link to episode here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMYkRNF35E4

For those of you who don’t know, Shark Jumping is a show where its two hosts determine when the show the episode focuses on jumped the shark. One of the show’s two hosts, the female one, Beth Elderkin(yes, that’s her real name) is anti-GG and is apparently a freelance journalist. Remember when Dan Olson made that godawful video about #GamerGate? Yeah, she wrote an article on the Daily Dot called “Only a puppet can explain Gamergate” based on that video.

I don’t know about the male host, Tim, but he may be anti, due to being partners with her. BTW, love one of the comments on the episodes Channel Awesome post “Oh, and GamerGate is idiotic. Just wanted to get off my chest”. Oh, and here’s another one, “It’s not that they can’t tell the difference between real life and video games, but, for a lot of the gamergater types, their life IS video games.

This cracked article explains the above statement a bit more in depth:”

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-reasons-we-need-to-take-video-game-addiction-seriously/

Yes, that man is stupid enough to believe in Cracked nowadays. And hey, let’s compare the Channel Awesome comments to the YouTube comments.
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
Frankly, I think Linkara’s actually a legit feminist and not a SJW despite his alleged support of Sarkeesian (which I should note I have never actually seen him say anything on the matter except for a “parody” video that was mocking him for DARING to ask people to let the ads play for his videos since that’s the main source of income for these people, but none of it was actually his own words). He actually focuses on places where sexism actually exists (and there certainly is quite a bit of it in the comics industry) rather than seeing it where it isn’t actually there. And frankly, Linkara’s always basically seemed like the only guy from CA who ISN’T an asshole, hence being why he’s the only contributor from there whose stuff I still watch. And while he’s still part of CA, he has said that he is upset at the crap that’s been going on there and has apparently got into arguments with the management there over it.

But yeah, I can’t help but suspect that CA is going to fall apart fairly soon and pretty much everyone there is just going to do their stuff on their own without being attached to some umbrella site.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide