Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Can’t stop the signal
@Dr_Osaka

You’re right, but I feel that those dates can be a bit of a messy ledger given what the likes of Doug reviews. He, like me and others of his age group, is also intimately familiar with both Tom and Jerry and the Loony Toons, which are from decades before we were born. I’d imagine just like here in NZ, stuff like that was still being broadcast in child-friendly time slots even if only to fill broadcasting gaps while channels waited for more Duck Tales, He-Man, and Nicktoons to get made.

I bring it up because even stuff older than him could be 'properly' reviewed in terms of nostalgia, because for him, it would be a nostalgic part of his childhood.
The Glim Glam
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Glim Glam Fam~
@Ebalosus

That did not age well, I tried to give him the benefit of doubt but he seems to label a lot of things as Fascist

I noticed Lewis is doing that, his constant references of it in the Batman: The Dark Night Returns really felt uncomfortable and forced in.
HeadlessHorselessHorseman

Why does everyone hate on Linkara so much? He's acknowledged that Lightbringer was a dumb comic and he's not that proud of it now. He's learned from experience, and even if he hadn't, I wouldn't be comfortable with making fun of him over it.

Was it the AdBlock thing? I mean…AdBlock does deprive him of revenue, and I'd take ads over paying directly for content, so I can't blame him for saying something. It's not like he criticized anyone for not donating to his Patreon.

I just don't understand why people act like he's on par with the worst tweets of Lindsay Ellis and ObscurusLupa just because he's part of #ChangeTheChannel. Even if he's become more critical of TGWTG as time has gone by, he's not hateful, he's not toxic, and at no point, as far as I can tell, has he ruled out any good faith dialogue with the other side.
The Glim Glam
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Glim Glam Fam~
@HeadlessHorselessHorseman

I think it's because he's such an easy target for some. He's known for being super passionate about comics and this whole "calling out treatment of women in comics and such" tend to be seen as fake.

I think it had also had to do with the infamous Power Rangers rant over people bugging him over the "When is the next episode of HOPR?" joke.

While I don't agree with his recent stuff of going hardcore left winger, compared to others, he's at least more nicer than those of Lindsay or Kyle.

Hell I was expecting stuff about him to come out during the CTC drama but everyone said he tried to help them while on the site.
HeadlessHorselessHorseman

@The Glim Glam
I do have an idea of where some of the complaints come from (I've complained about certain aspects of his show in the past myself), but if the worst thing you can say about the guy is that he's overenthusiastic, we should consider ourselves lucky.

To be honest, I find the overlap between anti-CTC and alt-right/channer/lolcow culture to be disconcerting. MovieBob (vindictive, self-righteous, and hypocritical though he may be) had a point when he compared the alt-right to high school bullies.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Derpibooru costs over $25 a day to operate - help support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: *bold* _italic_ [spoiler]hide text[/spoiler] @code@ +underline+ -strike- ^sup^ ~sub~