The downfall of TGWTG or Channel Awesome

Background Pony #77C4
@Ebalosus

At the very least it predicted how Lewis the Louse turned out.

“Voice” had the cast call Linkara out for being dishonest in not telling them the real reason he invited them together, saying that wasn’t any different from some of the crap Channel Awesome pulled.

And then real life Lewis actually did turn out to be little different, as even after this crap from the CTC members was exposed he’s continued to suck up to his toxic and defend them just like Doug has with his brother and Mike Michaud.

In his own words, “hindsight’s a bitch.”
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
I’ve been watching some of Doug Walker’s old Ask That Guy videos. I miss those. It’s too bad he’s so locked into NC. I miss the old days where he could do sketches where he dresses up as a pirate or a bum or General Zod. Even if they didn’t all hit there was variety.full  
My favorite ever question was:“What is the Terror that flaps in the night?”  
His answer:”My Penis.“
Background Pony #77C4
@Ebalosus

Kiwifarms? No, I’ve seen it on his twitter, coming to the defense of shitbags like Allison or Eric. That’s what got me to finally see just how much of a lost cause he was.

@Dex Stewart

I miss Bum Reviews. He did the last one of those four years ago if I remember right.

Now he either does Critic or videos where he’s just being himself, like Disneycember or Dark Toons. That’s it.
northern haste
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Enter if you dare
If he ever does do the sonic movie No doubt he will make some Duma claim joke or not about how sonic should not have been given a redesign
The Glim Glam
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Glim Glam Fam~
@Background Pony #77C4

I still enjoy Lewis’s videos, but I’ve grown to see he’s too blind into defending his “friends” who are shit bags when he abandoned Iron Liz. It’s just sad that for someone who preaches goodwill, he doesn’t follow it if it involves different Political views.
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Sata Andagi!
It’s funny, rewatching Doug’s editorial on Tim Burton’s Sleepy Hollow he points out how great the Disney version of Sleepy Hollow is but how ridiculous the Tim Burton version is, then he comments on Cinemassacre’s Monster Madness and how James reviewed Hammer Horror films and how Tim Burton basically took inspiration from those to make his adaptation and thus the movie is actually great when you look at it like that. Of course I watched James’ review of Sleepy Hollow and of course he points out how much the movie was influenced by Hammer Horror but ironically most of the review is pointing out how different the movie is from the original story, how badshit crazy it is and ends the video recommending the Disney version. How funny is it that at the end of the day both Doug and James pretty much had to say the same thing despite James being the more knowledgeable person when it comes to horror films.

Speaking of which I think Tim Burton’s Sleepy Hollow is a great film to watch, definitely a halloween classic regardless of it’s problems.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Dr_Osaka  
I liked it, though I may be a bit biased, because huge Tim Burton fan here. I always liked his dark and quirky style.

In hindsight it’s weird to think Beetlejuice and Batman are the same actor.
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Sata Andagi!
@Beau Skunky  
Yeah I can understand that, Tim Burton does have a very odd and quirky style so Sleepy Hollow might throw people off if they are looking for his signature style. With that said this movie is still enjoyable even if it’s not 100% Tim Burton, but then again movies like Sweeney Todd and Corpse Bride look similar to this as well.
TheHappySpaceman
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
So, Lindsay just posted a thread about how Animaniacs was always Bad, Actually™️ and it has the same level of depth and understand of the series as Doug’s review of Sailor Moon.
TheHappySpaceman
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
A taste of Lindsay’s thread:  
while throwing it all in and going for getting cancelled once and for all – ignoring the oversaturation of nostalgic media in an eternal cycle of remakes where nothing ever truly goes away, I think animaniacs, as a whole, is just not very good, nor is is suited for our time
I see a quote by a nameless former colleague of mine float around a lot as evidence of his cringe approach to comedy, namely that all comedy is rooted in the misery of at least one party, and the trick is to always be “punching down.”
Animaniacs embodies this ethos in a way that I don’t find particularly clever – almost all of the jokes are about how the kids are smarter than the adults in their lives. Almost all of the humor is rooted in the unhappiness of whoever is getting pwned this week
And while that of course draws from its inspiration of the comedy of old Warner Brothers cartoons, it’s also so quintessentially 90’s in that this was a decade where the consequences of media were rarely challenged outside of Tipper Gore putting parental warning stickers on CDs
That sense of humor flew back then in the same way South Park would ten years later; it was a reflection of a smug sense of superiority, but I just don’t think that’s where most viewers are nowadays, except for the ones that want the same old shit from 30 years ago.
I’ve become fascinated with the “cringe culture” that’s popped up around said nameless colleague’s content, and it feels to me rooted in the fact that most viewers now view the the cruel internet humor of the early 2010’s as, at best, unfunny, and at worst harmful
The bugs bunny “clever rapscallion gets one up on The Man” style humor just feels kind of primitive now, in the same way early 2010’s YouTube humor now feels cringe. We’ve moved on, so I suspect people aren’t going to enjoy new animaniacs as much as they remember enjoying the old
anyway, obviously not a big deal, but I’m not looking forward to it and since it’ll probably end up being pretty toothless since most geopolitics will be off limits and I don’t think the comedy has aged well. but maybe they’ll surprise me and have a fresh approach who knows
But let me just put it this way – I think there’s a reason the Animaniacs clips that have endured are the songs and clever plays on words, but not the skits themselves. Hopefully they’ll play to that strength.
Pinky and the Brain was never funny tho *SMOKE BOMB*

It’s ironic that she’s going so far out of her way to crap on Doug, because like… saying that Animaniacs is the same as South Park and Doug’s humor is a bad, surface-level take that honestly, I would expect from Doug.
The Glim Glam
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Glim Glam Fam~
So, Lindsay just posted a thread about how Animaniacs was always Bad, Actually™️ and it has the same level of depth and understand of the series as Doug’s review of Sailor Moon.

She’s trying so hard to be Contrarian.
CatsTuxedo
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Doug basing his whole sense of humor on Animaniacs definitely makes sense. A reliance on grating catchphrases, for one, is something they have in common.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide