The Downfall of Bhaalspawn (contains possible SJW discussions)

Background Pony #6540
@TheHappySpaceman  
The question is, how did the fans know it was Kirb? Was he identified outside of anonymous? Did Lily find out who he is and revealed his username?
Jas

Here is some archives I feel like talking about

https://archive.fo/a4jcW

I’ve realized how fucking sick I am of shows waffling around with stuff. Anything honestly. Romance, plot, interesting concepts. Just do it, stop enjoying the sound of your audience growing an addiction to your show based off of you serving small bits of what they love when you see it fit. They themselves are addicted to the praise an audience will give so they value being see as super smart or putting emphasis on something to make hype rather then just making a well rounded, enjoyable show
Anonymous

Call it what it is: Live Services

I don’t think TV shows and video games are the same thing Lily.

https://lily-orchard.tumblr.com/post/188525958650/i-have-a-character-who-dies-at-the-end-of-the

I have a character who dies at the end of the first book of this trilogy. His death has major ramifications throughout the rest of the books. So it’s necessary that he dies. When I was outlining the plot, he wasn’t very well developed, but after developing his backstory by drawing on my own experiences as a gay man, I realized that I accidentally coded him as gay. How do I handle this so it isn’t BYG? Do I just not confirm anything?
Anonymous

Here are your options.
Make a different character gay and rewrite this one 
Scrap this dumb idea and start over

Anyone else just think people should stop asking Lily for writing advice?

https://archive.li/AysIX

I don’t understand why you have to be so dismissive of people asking you for writing advice. Plenty you give (esp about tropes) is great but the whole overarching theme of “this idea fucking sucks and you need to start over” is the most pretentious bullshit I’ve ever heard. Even tropes can be done well provided they’re not homophobic, racist, etc. Get over yourself, you’re not Stephen fucking King. You write fanfic based on your WoW OCs. Christ.
Anonymous

“Provided they’re not homophobic”
Bury Your Gays is homophobic but go off I guess

Lily logic: why are content creators so scared to have LGBT rep.

Also Lily logic: if you have anything bad happen to LGBT characters then you are part of the problem.

https://archive.li/bE4fW

BYG Anon here. I don’t know which option is better. I understand how problematic my idea is, which is why I’m trying to get feedback on my issue. My story has dozens of characters, and most of them are LGBTA__. In fact, the only ones who are definitely not LGBTA__ are the villains. Also considering the fact that only a few characters have romantic subplots or even partners, and the previous character is not in that group either, and it could simply not be brought up… Idk. What should I do?
Anonymous

Make the character who dies a token straight. Easy peasy

Again Lily this sort of attitude is why you always have media who always seems to have straight white men as main characters. Because you can do anything you want with them and no body gives a crap but the moment you have a woman or any other minatory in the leading role then you can’t do anything with out being called all manners of things.
Background Pony #6540
@Jas  
Hasn’t every show that’s introduced and killed off LGBT characters get a huge wave of backlash in the process?
Jas

@Background Pony #A0D9

Like I said you don’t get backlash when you kill off any straight white male characters. Because those types are

seen as more expendable. Like I can understand to a degree if it was just a shock death but then you have something

like Voltron in which the gay character is killed in the same episode he is shown in but at least he went out

fighting which seems to be a bit more fair then shock death just for a shock death.
Background Pony #6540
@Jas  
True, but then you had shows like The 100, where a lesbian character gets killed off, and that became one of the biggest negative examples of the trope. With Voltron, I just kind of question the purpose of killing off that character on the same episode he was introduced.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@Background Pony #A0D9  
A fan linked Kirb’s initial response in her video comments, and she featured that comment, telling her fans to go after him (as I understand).

@Jas  
Why does anyone go to Lily of all people for writing advice? That would be like going to me for drumming lessons (context: I’m not a drummer).
Background Pony #6540
@Angrybrony  
And yet, she chooses to delete herself from Tumblr, instead of calling her out. Wouldn’t be surprised if the next thing she does ends up proving Lily right, since she can’t be bothered to call her out at all.
Background Pony #6540
@EquestrianScholar  
I’m neither. I’m just seeing at how it is. As far as we know, Lizzy’s probably not aware of the recent backlash, given that it hasn’t poured out on Twitter or Deviantart, but go off, I guess.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide