Viewing last 25 versions of post by Jas in topic The Downfall of Bhaalspawn (contains possible SJW discussions)

Jas

"[@Angrybrony":](/forums/generals/topics/the-downfall-of-bhaalspawn-contains-possible-sjw-discussions-324?post_id=4710042#post_4710042

)

Oh yeah the OC who is apparently a Sith but somehow not a Sith.

(edit) I didn't feel like double post but I saw this on Kiwi Farms

https://archive.li/QKlXm

[bq]

>
Are you looking forward to any more films with Rey in them?

>
Anonymous[/bq]

[bq]

>
No. Lucasfilm already fucked Rey up, I don’t want to see them flail around trying to fix her.

>
>
They did this with Ahsoka and Maul, constantly bringing these characters back unnecessarily when their stories served their purpose just because fans wanted more content with them. Maul especially was brought back after his DEATH only because fans thought he was “cool” and wanted more Maul content even when Maul had no purpose to serve other than being a cool, menacing final boss for The Phantom Menace.

>
>
He NEVER should have been brought back.

>
>
Ahsoka walking out on the Jedi after being so thoroughly betrayed by them and leaving Anakin’s faith in the Jedi shattered was a good end to her story. I would have been happy if she never showed up again after that. But not only did she show up again for Rebels, she was saved from certain death by Dumb Mystical Bullshit just to be turned into Gandalf.

>
>
Lucasfilm needs to learn to let go of characters when they’re done and stop ruining them through overexposure. So if I never see Rey again, I’ll be happy. She got fucked over in TROS, but I don’t want to see Luscasfilm try to fix that. They’ll just make it worse.

>
>
Just let it go and move on to something else. This is what Lucasfilm needs to learn: Let the fuck go of certain things. Stop fucking clinging so hard to fan favorite characters to the point people start to fucking hate them. Just let a character’s story end and stop trying to make up ways to keep them in.

>
>
I’m morbidly curious about their rumored KOTOR films if only because it’ll be so much harder to justify bringing back certain fan favorites from the small part of the story they’ve fixated on so far. But I’m also certain they’ll just do the same shit they always do.

>
>
If Revan and the Exile are male, they’re going to be the most bland, boring characters ever.

>
>
If they’re female, they’re gonna get fucked over HARD in favor of… I dunno, Darth Malak’s redemption or something.

>
>
Don’t even expect to see Kreia. Hope she never shows up, they will ABSOLUTELY ruin her because her attitude about the Force doesn’t fit with Disney’s santized version of it.

>
>
Don’t fix Rey, Disney. That’s my job.[/bq]

I admit I am only showing this because I find it funny that Lily is telling a company need to learn to let go of certain things when she is always insulting Josh, Lizzy, Gamers, anime fans, Bronies, and now just fandoms in general along with Shippers. Anything else I a missing?

Here have more of Lily being Lily for context an anon mentioned why people haven't been enjoying Doctor Who lately Lily was being Lily then other anon called her out for her Disney Trilogy remake fanfic and then this happened

https://archive.li/9OZec

[bq]

>
Yeah but it’s literally Star Wars fanfic. Like that’s literally what you wrote. Rey isn’t your OC. And I’m fairly certain you didn’t magically invent lightsabers and the Force. So thats what you’re writing. So your stupid Sci-Fi is somehow worth more than ours? You’re allowed to fixate on a mostly bad franchise for the good you find in it but us finding the show good and meaningful is stupid?

>
Anonymous[/bq]

[bq]

>
Except I’m rewriting the ST to be exactly the kind of B-Movie Sci Fi that Star Wars used to be before Disney shoved their head up their ass about it. Star Wars is PEAK cheap, crappy Sci Fi. It’s a fucking Samurai Movie in Space, how much more “stupid ass Sci Fi” can you get?

>
>
Despite what it sounds like in videos where I have to put on a certain air, I don’t get angry about Star Wars when it’s bad. Only when it’s gross or boring. Otherwise you’d see a video talking about Empire Strikes Back and what an edgy waste of time it was.

>
>
When I chose to rewrite it to more suit my tastes, it became a swashbuckling sapphic love story in space. Not exactly peak literature here guys. I accept that Star Wars is really stupid. And Doctor Who is the same way. And just like how Star Wars suffered from the homogenization of the entertainment industry, so did Doctor Who.

>
>
That’s what made that show less enjoyable for people. It wasn’t Steven Moffat, it was the same thing that’s ruining everything else. This shift toward a very limited pool of tropes that, in 2009, Tumblr was creaming their jeans over. And which very easily impressed people continue to cream their jeans over. Audiences believe serialization is better, and so everything goes that way, and so shows go downhill.

>
>
This has happened so frequently that to continue getting angry about it is just a waste of energy. We all know why it happens. You only noticed when it happened to your favorite thing.

>
>
I’ve always talked about the importance of NOT getting emotionally attached to shows. Especially not now. I don’t see why you’re surprised about me continuing to assert that when your favorite thing is the subject.[/bq]

Says the woman who made videos defending Family Guy and The Big Bang Theory.

http://archive.ph/XMKgu

> getting emotionally attached to created works is normal. if you aren't trying to get people hooked on your universe by delivering satisfying emotional connections and moments that the audience can enjoy then why in the hell are you even publishing your bare bones star wars fanfic rewrite in the first place you walking skid mark
> Anonymous

> I’m making something for people to have fun with. Not to get them emotionally addicted to. To treat reading a story with as much gravity as they would enjoy a piece of cake. To sit back at the end and go “Well that was a fun ride” and go on with their day, not to go “Oh I identified with these characters and they were mEaNInGfUl and now I’m going to stake my entire identity around them!”
>
> This is why I’ve overwhelmingly focused on Slice of Life storytelling, and why I put a lot of it into the rewrite with things like increased travel time and downtime between battles to facilitate the actual meat of the story: developing relationships. I don’t want to get people hooked on my universe. I don’t want to make an addict of someone. That only cheapens a story and cheapens enjoyment by making it part of a self-destructive cycle that can only lead to disappointment.
>
> In an ideal world, people aren’t reading TSR because they’re “hooked on the universe and NEED to know what happens next,” they’re reading it because “Rey and Alie are cute.”
>
> That’s it. I’m serving up the literary equivalent of a burger. That’s what I’ve always made with my writing, it’s all I WANT to make. On the few instances where Scars, or Madhouse or TSR has resonated with someone in some way, it’s always been completely coincidental. I don’t do symbolism, I don’t do relatability, I don’t do any of that shit. I write fun characters, and make them do fun stuff, hopefully everyone has a good time, and that’s what I’m happy doing.
No reason given
Edited by Jas
Jas

"@Angrybrony":/forums/generals/topics/the-downfall-of-bhaalspawn-contains-possible-sjw-discussions-324?post_id=4710042#post_4710042

[bq]Are you looking forward to any more films with Rey in them?
Anonymous[/bq]

[bq]No. Lucasfilm already fucked Rey up, I don’t want to see them flail around trying to fix her.

They did this with Ahsoka and Maul, constantly bringing these characters back unnecessarily when their stories served their purpose just because fans wanted more content with them. Maul especially was brought back after his DEATH only because fans thought he was “cool” and wanted more Maul content even when Maul had no purpose to serve other than being a cool, menacing final boss for The Phantom Menace.

Ahsoka walking out on the Jedi after being so thoroughly betrayed by them and leaving Anakin’s faith in the Jedi shattered was a good end to her story. I would have been happy if she never showed up again after that. But not only did she show up again for Rebels, she was saved from certain death by Dumb Mystical Bullshit just to be turned into Gandalf.

Lucasfilm needs to learn to let go of characters when they’re done and stop ruining them through overexposure. So if I never see Rey again, I’ll be happy. She got fucked over in TROS, but I don’t want to see Luscasfilm try to fix that. They’ll just make it worse.

Just let it go and move on to something else. This is what Lucasfilm needs to learn: Let the fuck go of certain things. Stop fucking clinging so hard to fan favorite characters to the point people start to fucking hate them. Just let a character’s story end and stop trying to make up ways to keep them in.

I’m morbidly curious about their rumored KOTOR films if only because it’ll be so much harder to justify bringing back certain fan favorites from the small part of the story they’ve fixated on so far. But I’m also certain they’ll just do the same shit they always do.

If Revan and the Exile are male, they’re going to be the most bland, boring characters ever.

If they’re female, they’re gonna get fucked over HARD in favor of… I dunno, Darth Malak’s redemption or something.

Don’t even expect to see Kreia. Hope she never shows up, they will ABSOLUTELY ruin her because her attitude about the Force doesn’t fit with Disney’s santized version of it.

I admit I am only showing this because I find it funny that Lily is telling a company need to learn to let go of certain things when she is always insulting Josh, Lizzy, Gamers, anime fans, Bronies, and now just fandoms in general along with Shippers. Anything else I a missing?

Here have more of Lily being Lily for context an anon mentioned why people haven't been enjoying Doctor Who lately Lily was being Lily then other anon called her out for her Disney Trilogy remake fanfic and then this happened

https://archive.li/9OZec

[bq]Yeah but it’s literally Star Wars fanfic. Like that’s literally what you wrote. Rey isn’t your OC. And I’m fairly certain you didn’t magically invent lightsabers and the Force. So thats what you’re writing. So your stupid Sci-Fi is somehow worth more than ours? You’re allowed to fixate on a mostly bad franchise for the good you find in it but us finding the show good and meaningful is stupid?
Anonymous[/bq]

[bq]Except I’m rewriting the ST to be exactly the kind of B-Movie Sci Fi that Star Wars used to be before Disney shoved their head up their ass about it. Star Wars is PEAK cheap, crappy Sci Fi. It’s a fucking Samurai Movie in Space, how much more “stupid ass Sci Fi” can you get?

Despite what it sounds like in videos where I have to put on a certain air, I don’t get angry about Star Wars when it’s bad. Only when it’s gross or boring. Otherwise you’d see a video talking about Empire Strikes Back and what an edgy waste of time it was.

When I chose to rewrite it to more suit my tastes, it became a swashbuckling sapphic love story in space. Not exactly peak literature here guys. I accept that Star Wars is really stupid. And Doctor Who is the same way. And just like how Star Wars suffered from the homogenization of the entertainment industry, so did Doctor Who.

That’s what made that show less enjoyable for people. It wasn’t Steven Moffat, it was the same thing that’s ruining everything else. This shift toward a very limited pool of tropes that, in 2009, Tumblr was creaming their jeans over. And which very easily impressed people continue to cream their jeans over. Audiences believe serialization is better, and so everything goes that way, and so shows go downhill.

This has happened so frequently that to continue getting angry about it is just a waste of energy. We all know why it happens. You only noticed when it happened to your favorite thing.

I’ve always talked about the importance of NOT getting emotionally attached to shows. Especially not now. I don’t see why you’re surprised about me continuing to assert that when your favorite thing is the subject.[/bq]

Says the woman who made videos defending Family Guy and The Big Bang Theory.
No reason given
Edited by Jas
Jas

"@Angrybrony":/forums/generals/topics/the-downfall-of-bhaalspawn-contains-possible-sjw-discussions-324?post_id=4710042#post_4710042

[bq]Are you looking forward to any more films with Rey in them?
Anonymous[/bq]

[bq]No. Lucasfilm already fucked Rey up, I don’t want to see them flail around trying to fix her.

No reason given
Edited by Jas