Viewing last 25 versions of post by Jas in topic The Downfall of Bhaalspawn (contains possible SJW discussions)

Jas

Here is some good old stuff from a long time ago to go with the copy and paste I did from platinummanaxl

https://archive.is/KzgHB

[bq]

>
I know you don't want asks about Ink Rose anymore, but you suggesting she might be gay a while back made me wonder, why do you think that?

>
hauntedyouthwonderland

>
>
lily-peet:

>

>
People who are comfortable and secure in their sexuality typically aren’t bothered by LGBT themes, gay relationships, or even the suggestion that they themselves might be gay. So the example goes…

>

>
Person: Are you gay?

>

>
Straight Person: Nope.

>

>
Closet Gay Person: No! No way! Why would you suggest that?!

>

>
Vocally homophobic people turning out to be gay or bisexual is so overwhelmingly common it borders on sociological cliche. Internalized homophobia is such a massive influence for externalized homophobia that people are doing studies on it.

>

>
And it’s ONLY vocally homophobic people who get pissy and moody because a site like Tumblr tends to insist on LGBT pairings. I’ve generally found that shipping is the ultimate “live and let live” environment. Generally when people get aggressive about their pairings, someone had to swing first. And in Ink’s case, she’s the one swinging first because inherently milquetoast things like pairings being reconfigured and gender-flips seem to bother her so much.

>

>
This isn’t an isolated incident. Josh has told people before that he doesn’t want fanart of his OC in gay situations, but explained the reason why is that it makes him uncomfortable. That’s a tacit admission that one has issues with their sexuality that they’re afraid to think about. And it’s something I have more respect for because at least it’s honest.

>

>
Now, I can’t read minds. I can’t psychoanalyze people. The most I can ever do is match a situation to repeating patterns.[/bq]

https://archive.is/tz299

[bq]

>
Can you help me with something? Earlier today, Ink Rose reblogged a post about why LGBT and shipping culture on Tumblr is repulsive. Usually, I treat posts such as those with a grain of salt and ignore them, but for some reason I can't help but feel this need to respond to that reblog because I feel offended, but don't know why I feel offended by it. Can you help me?

>
falcon-edge-wolf

>

>
lily-peet:

fourchetteaquatique:

rain-jay:

lily-peet:

>

>
**Checks*

>

>
The post in question comes from a blog called “Anti-SJeW Feminism.” That name itself is not only an oxymoron, but contains the word “SJeW” which means it’s extremely likely the person who’s running it is a Carlgon of Attention Span wannabe.

>

>
I’m gonna tell you something that would be obvious to an impartial third party, but a lot of people have trouble admitting:

>

>
Ink Rose is extremely bad at veiling her homophobia. You can see this through how hostile and vitriolic she is toward same-sex ships. How she accuses people who are engaging in the very definition of wish-fulfillment of being anti-straight and anti-cis, and how she tried to pull the “Pharah/Mercy is bad because age difference.”

>

>
But… seems to have absolutely no issue in humoring people who ship Firerose, despite the massive age difference between the two of them, and those are real people.

>

>
You could not be more obviously homophobic without waving a “God hates fags” sign.

>

>
What’s more, if you actively call her on it, she immediately clamps her hands over her ears and goes “LALALALALALA! Tumblr’s hating me for my opinions again!” Just like what Josh did when people called him out for his delusional crap about how the US doesn’t need gun control.

>

>
Here’s the kicker: Ink Rose isn’t stupid. She knows that Tumblr is populated primarily by 14 and 15 year olds who’s opinions lean very liberally. Many of whom are LGBT and living in a hostile real-world situation. So they’re quick to anger when someone sneers at LGBT themes because it strikes a very personal nerve.

>

>
So if you’re a conservative or just a generic homophobe who wants to find the least articulate liberals to stroke the confirmation bias that liberals are freedom-hating terrorists, Tumblr is THE place to go, because it’s easy to win an argument against children even when those children are right.

>

>
So if you’re like Ink Rose, a phony-christian with an inclination towards selfishness and a big enough persecution complex to twist any criticism into a personal attack, hanging around Tumblr is like making a Smurf account on League of Legends. Not only do you get the persecution-complex-stroking vindication of being the “underdog” but you also get to be in an environment where criticism comes in the form of yelling.

>

>
Ink Rose pulled this before when she started shit-talking feminism, and other people (less than politely) called out her misogynistic opinions. And her response was “You’re calling a woman a misogynist? Doesn’t that make you the misogynist? (No)” and other people encouraged that (guess who) by writing a bunch of strawman-bullshit about “No you silly sex traitor, don’t you get it? It’s internalized misogyny! Hashtag Triggered!”

>

>
Ink Rose has created an inverse echo-chamber and refuses to come out. Writing a response is just going to end up with you having your words twisted.

>

>
My suggestion? Beat a troll by trolling harder. Commission or draw artwork of her and KP (or any other woman for that matter) in very romantic situations, put it on deviantart, make sure her icon is in the description so she gets notified every time, and when she tells you to stop, just keep going “HOW BOUT I DO, ANYWAY?” Eventually she’ll explode and take off the very thin veil that isn’t fooling anybody. Or she’ll stop mouthing off about shipping like such a baby.

>

>
I’m planning to do the Honest Trailer for Analysis Anarchy and I was gonna call Ink Rose “The Stepford Wife” under the “Starring” bit. But now I think I’ll go with “Closet Lesbian.” Ink Rose is convinced that Tumblr will always insist that straight people are actually gay. Start doing it. Use your powers for good.

>

>
You remember when Steven Universe fans tried to make a girl commit suicide for drawing Rose thin, and then a bunch of artists drew Rose thin in the biggest show of spite ever? Same basic principle.

>

>
Get a life, or you’re getting a wife.

>

>
rain-jay I love this post more than I love gravy and your ‘Glass of Water’ series, that’s saying something! You go Lily!

>

>
fourchetteaquatique
>

>
This is nice and all to troll a bastard once in a while but do you really think calling her/suggesting she’s a lesbian is completely counter productive ? You’re trying to insult her by saying “haha you gay” and thus implying that being a lesbian is something to be ashamed of and can be used as an insult against straight lgbt-hating peeps. This is just like those “artists” that make Trump and Putin kiss just to make them mad and that’s kind of a terrible idea.

>

>
lily peet
>

>
I suppose it could be counter productive if you strip away all context and nuance, which is extremely reductionist.

>

>
The point is to piss off a homophobe enough that they explicitly reveal how much of a homophobe they are. It doesn’t use being gay as an insult, it exploits somebody’s very specific anger-buttons.[/bq]
No reason given
Edited by Jas
Jas

Here is some good old stuff from a long time ago to go with the copy and paste I did from platinummanaxl

https://archive.is/KzgHB

[bq]I know you don't want asks about Ink Rose anymore, but you suggesting she might be gay a while back made me wonder, why do you think that?
hauntedyouthwonderland

lily-peet:

People who are comfortable and secure in their sexuality typically aren’t bothered by LGBT themes, gay relationships, or even the suggestion that they themselves might be gay. So the example goes…

Person: Are you gay?

Straight Person: Nope.

Closet Gay Person: No! No way! Why would you suggest that?!

Vocally homophobic people turning out to be gay or bisexual is so overwhelmingly common it borders on sociological cliche. Internalized homophobia is such a massive influence for externalized homophobia that people are doing studies on it.

And it’s ONLY vocally homophobic people who get pissy and moody because a site like Tumblr tends to insist on LGBT pairings. I’ve generally found that shipping is the ultimate “live and let live” environment. Generally when people get aggressive about their pairings, someone had to swing first. And in Ink’s case, she’s the one swinging first because inherently milquetoast things like pairings being reconfigured and gender-flips seem to bother her so much.

This isn’t an isolated incident. Josh has told people before that he doesn’t want fanart of his OC in gay situations, but explained the reason why is that it makes him uncomfortable. That’s a tacit admission that one has issues with their sexuality that they’re afraid to think about. And it’s something I have more respect for because at least it’s honest.

Now, I can’t read minds. I can’t psychoanalyze people. The most I can ever do is match a situation to repeating patterns.[/bq]

https://archive.is/tz299

[bq]Can you help me with something? Earlier today, Ink Rose reblogged a post about why LGBT and shipping culture on Tumblr is repulsive. Usually, I treat posts such as those with a grain of salt and ignore them, but for some reason I can't help but feel this need to respond to that reblog because I feel offended, but don't know why I feel offended by it. Can you help me?
falcon-edge-wolf

lily-peet:

fourchetteaquatique:

rain-jay:

lily-peet:

*Checks*

The post in question comes from a blog called “Anti-SJeW Feminism.” That name itself is not only an oxymoron, but contains the word “SJeW” which means it’s extremely likely the person who’s running it is a Carlgon of Attention Span wannabe.

I’m gonna tell you something that would be obvious to an impartial third party, but a lot of people have trouble admitting:

Ink Rose is extremely bad at veiling her homophobia. You can see this through how hostile and vitriolic she is toward same-sex ships. How she accuses people who are engaging in the very definition of wish-fulfillment of being anti-straight and anti-cis, and how she tried to pull the “Pharah/Mercy is bad because age difference.”

But… seems to have absolutely no issue in humoring people who ship Firerose, despite the massive age difference between the two of them, and those are real people.

You could not be more obviously homophobic without waving a “God hates fags” sign.

What’s more, if you actively call her on it, she immediately clamps her hands over her ears and goes “LALALALALALA! Tumblr’s hating me for my opinions again!” Just like what Josh did when people called him out for his delusional crap about how the US doesn’t need gun control.

Here’s the kicker: Ink Rose isn’t stupid. She knows that Tumblr is populated primarily by 14 and 15 year olds who’s opinions lean very liberally. Many of whom are LGBT and living in a hostile real-world situation. So they’re quick to anger when someone sneers at LGBT themes because it strikes a very personal nerve.

So if you’re a conservative or just a generic homophobe who wants to find the least articulate liberals to stroke the confirmation bias that liberals are freedom-hating terrorists, Tumblr is THE place to go, because it’s easy to win an argument against children even when those children are right.

So if you’re like Ink Rose, a phony-christian with an inclination towards selfishness and a big enough persecution complex to twist any criticism into a personal attack, hanging around Tumblr is like making a Smurf account on League of Legends. Not only do you get the persecution-complex-stroking vindication of being the “underdog” but you also get to be in an environment where criticism comes in the form of yelling.

Ink Rose pulled this before when she started shit-talking feminism, and other people (less than politely) called out her misogynistic opinions. And her response was “You’re calling a woman a misogynist? Doesn’t that make you the misogynist? (No)” and other people encouraged that (guess who) by writing a bunch of strawman-bullshit about “No you silly sex traitor, don’t you get it? It’s internalized misogyny! Hashtag Triggered!”

Ink Rose has created an inverse echo-chamber and refuses to come out. Writing a response is just going to end up with you having your words twisted.

My suggestion? Beat a troll by trolling harder. Commission or draw artwork of her and KP (or any other woman for that matter) in very romantic situations, put it on deviantart, make sure her icon is in the description so she gets notified every time, and when she tells you to stop, just keep going “HOW BOUT I DO, ANYWAY?” Eventually she’ll explode and take off the very thin veil that isn’t fooling anybody. Or she’ll stop mouthing off about shipping like such a baby.

I’m planning to do the Honest Trailer for Analysis Anarchy and I was gonna call Ink Rose “The Stepford Wife” under the “Starring” bit. But now I think I’ll go with “Closet Lesbian.” Ink Rose is convinced that Tumblr will always insist that straight people are actually gay. Start doing it. Use your powers for good.

You remember when Steven Universe fans tried to make a girl commit suicide for drawing Rose thin, and then a bunch of artists drew Rose thin in the biggest show of spite ever? Same basic principle.

Get a life, or you’re getting a wife.

I love this post more than I love gravy and your ‘Glass of Water’ series, that’s saying something! You go Lily!

This is nice and all to troll a bastard once in a while but do you really think calling her/suggesting she’s a lesbian is completely counter productive ? You’re trying to insult her by saying “haha you gay” and thus implying that being a lesbian is something to be ashamed of and can be used as an insult against straight lgbt-hating peeps. This is just like those “artists” that make Trump and Putin kiss just to make them mad and that’s kind of a terrible idea.

I suppose it could be counter productive if you strip away all context and nuance, which is extremely reductionist.

The point is to piss off a homophobe enough that they explicitly reveal how much of a homophobe they are. It doesn’t use being gay as an insult, it exploits somebody’s very specific anger-buttons.[/bq]
No reason given
Edited by Jas