Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles discussion.

Poll results: Best pon-I mean turtle?

Raphael
50.00% 4 votes
Donatello
25.00% 2 votes
Leonardo
12.50% 1 vote
Michelangelo
12.50% 1 vote

Poll ended with 8 votes.

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
COWABUNGA! Let’s discuss TMNT! Who’s you’re favorite turtle? Which is your favorite canon? Favorite cartoon episode? Favorite video game? Favorite villain? Discuss anything TMNT here to your heart’s content!

That said, I really loved the “Batman VS TMNT” crossover animated movie they did, and I’m looking forward to Arcade1UP’s upcoming officially-licensed TMNT arcade cabinet, (From what I’ve seen it has many improvements over past arcade Arcade1UP units.) which has both arcade games included, TMNT & Turtles in Time.
Background Pony #FB73
@Beau Skunky  
Speaking of Batman I’m about to read the third Batman/TMNT mini. Issue 4 just came out so I figured it’d be a good time to start reading - in cases like this I intentionally hold off the first few months until an arc is nearly complete.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Background Pony #B39D  
That’s cool, unfortunately I didn’t see the original comics yet. (Except the preview.)  
Didn’t IDW also do a “TMNT & Ghostbusters” comic crossover? (Both franchises actually debuted the same year in the 1980s.)
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
I like how the “Batman VS TMNT” crossover animated movie has many nods to both the many past Batman & TMNT canons.

Heck, Shredder’s design in it implements things from almost every major TMNT canon, and is probably now one of my favorite Shredder designs.  
The red hue his outfit has is from his Mirage Comics’ & modern IDW comics costume, but he has the purple cape from the 1987 cartoon.  
The Foot symbol on his belt buckle looks like the one from the 2003 cartoon, albeit colored purple. When his mask gets removed in the climax, he also has the rat-scratch facial scars from the 1990s live action movie. He also has retractable blades on his gauntlets like the 2012 Shredder.  
He’s almost every past Shredder combined.
TenaciousDreamer2nd

I’ve been watching the 2003 cartoon recently. I’m on Ninja Tribunal right now.

Funny that the female Tribunal member was Rogue in the X-Men cartoon and Aisha in Outlaw Star. I can’t believe I didn’t learn that one until recently.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@TenaciousDreamer2nd  
Yeah, the 2003 series was pretty good. Shame it hasn’t had a full release on DVD, like the original series. Maybe Nickelodeon is having some licensing issues with it.

One of my only disapointments with the 2003 series (besides the “Flash Forward” revamp season) was how badly it neglected the I Monster/Rat King character. (Whom is more like his original comic book version, though tweaked with a new orgin story tying into a past episode.)  
They should’ve at least had an episode where he comes back, and meets Splinter.
TenaciousDreamer2nd

@Beau Skunky

Yeah, it sucks. They released a handful of Season 1 episodes and the Christmas special on DVD a few years ago, but that was it, and a few other announced DVDs never came out. I was always hoping they could release it via Shout Factory like they did several Nicktoons shows, but it looks like their deal with them is over, since some Nick shows they’ve re-released on their own like Hey Arnold.

I’ve been tracking down some volumes in the past year, but some, like 3.6, are hard to find and pretty costly. I’m hoping that with my crazy luck that’ll somehow lead to a deal working out so I’ll have to double dip - that actually has happened with me a few times, notably the Original Transformers cartoon (I bought the Rhino Season 2 Part 2 set, and about a week or two later, the Shout Factory releases were announced).
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@TenaciousDreamer2nd  
As I said, I wonder if Nick is having rights issues with the 2003 series, (word is, they don’t have entire ownership over the classic ’80s/‘90s series either, which is why it’s released on DVD under different labels) though they did show the 2003 series on the channel “Nicktoons TV” during the 2012 show era.

And yeah, the old DVDs are getting quite rare. Even “Turtles Forever” is out of print now.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
I kinda wish they’d release a compilation game of the old TMNT video games, especially the arcade style ones, and the famously butt-hard NES game.

I actually liked the NES game, it’s honestly no less harder then other beloved NES games. (In fact. I find it easier then the original Megaman or Castlevania.) Even James Rolf, (AVGN) finally released a video admitting TMNT NES isn’t a bad game.
Alexk13
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

I kinda wish they’d release a compilation game of the old TMNT video games, especially the arcade style ones, and the famously butt-hard NES game.
I actually liked the NES game, it’s honestly no less harder then other beloved NES games. (In fact. I find it easier then the original Megaman or Castlevania.) Even James Rolf, (AVGN) finally released a video admitting TMNT NES isn’t a bad game.

I’d love it if they did that, but with two versions of the games (Original and Remastered) with the option to choose which one to play.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Alexk13  
Would be cool, though redoing every game would probably take forever. (And some didn’t like the Ubisoft remake of “Turtles in Time.”)

Would be cool to have the Gameboy games too, maybe with the SuperGameboy, or GBColor color pallettes included, “TMNT: Fall of the Foot Clan” was a great game too.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@ᏰᎯᎠᎻᎬᎯᏒᎿ  
That was a good game, even if some levels drag on a bit too long. (Compared to “Turtles in Time.”)

It was interesting it was the only game with Tatsu as a boss. (Whom was Shredder’s right-hand man in the original 2 movies, and appeared in one episode of the 2012 Nick series.)
Background Pony #54A5
As taken off TV Tropes, here’s some tidbits about how a couple of TMNT voice actors have shared other characters.

1. James Avery, who voiced Shredder in the 1987 cartoon, and Dorian Harwood, who voiced him in a couple of Season 3 episodes when Avery was unavailable, both voiced War Machine in the 90s Iron Man cartoon; Avery in Season 1 (and the 90s Spider-Man cartoon) and Harwood in Season 2.  
  2. Rob Paulsen, who voiced Raphael in the 1987 cartoon, and Nolan North, who voiced Raph in the 2007 movie, also voiced GI Joe’s Snow Job; Paulsen in the 80s cartoon and North in GI Joe Renegades.  
  3. Michael Sinterniklaas, who voiced Leonardo in the 2003 cartoon, and James Arnold Taylor, who voiced Leo in the aforementioned 2007 movie, have also voiced the Inhumans’ Triton; Sinterniklaas in Marvel Future Avengers and Taylor in Hulk and the Agents of SMASH.  
  4. Sinterniklaas and Eric Bauza, who was Leo’s voice in the Batman Vs TMNT film, have also voiced GI Joe’s Tunnel Rat; Sinterniklaas in Sigma Six and Bauza in Resolute.

I think it’s interesting we’ve had two sets of voice actors voice both a Ninja Turtle and GI Joe, but none in any of the same series.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@TenaciousDreamer2nd  
Yeah, here’s a clip featuring him

I remember he did an online interview with Tara Strong (Twilight Sparkle) on his internet voice actor Q&A show, and when they were discussing the popularity of the new show, he mentioned he was in the original MLP, and said he wouldn’t mind coming back for the FIM show. (Shame that never happened.)
Background Pony #FE52
@Beau Skunky  
I don’t think Adler’s ever even done any cross regional VA work with Canada, though I could be wrong; that’s not something I’m 100% sure on.

I know Rob Paulsen has though. Not only did he star in Coconut Fred (which is one of the few roles he’s admitted he was ashamed of and only did for the pay; Bubsy being the other one) and there was also the Mask/Ace Ventura crossover, which utilized both Los Angeles and Vancouver studios.

Speaking of MLP and TMNT, did you know that Soarin’s VA, Matt Hill, was the in-suit actor for Raphael in the third live action film?
Background Pony #10AA
@Dex Stewart  
I always think of him as Ryo in Ronin Warriors.

Didn’t Playmated make Ronin Warriors toys in the 90s? I remember I had a few, but I can’t remember if that was by them or not. Of course, back in the 90s they had a whole bunch of lines, especially their Star Trek and Simpsons ones.

By the late 2000s I think TMNT was the only one they have left, and nowadays NECA is making more Ninja Turtles stuff than them (though I really want to get some of those 80s figures they’ve been making)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide