Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #0ED2
Do you think Republicans could intentionally let the US default on its debt this summer so they can blame it on Biden and the Democrats?
Posted Report
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
The last five shutdowns were blamed squarely on the Republicans, and polling showed that regardless of the affiliation of the presidency a majority of the blame fell on the right.
Polling has shown that Republicans are known for obstruction (for good or bad, as even republican voters see them as the ‘no’ party) and so when impasses lead to problems it tends to impact them.
The US has never defaulted, though, so it’s hard to tell where blame could be placed.
As for if the Republicans would let it happen. As much as they love to fuck over the dems, I think enough of them realize that they would likely be worse off for it. Their biggest donors would be hit hard in the event of a default.
Posted Report
SleepySteve
Duck - Believes in a quack for a quack. Not a fan of being civil to others.
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Apples and Pears
@Zincy
If the House GOP had a stronger majority they absolutely would allow the default, but since all the deciding House GOP votes are from NYC districts, who knows?
As for voter blame, the fact that Republicans sweeped the House and Senate in 2014 after their shutdown stunt suggests voter opinions are really meaningless.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
New assessments seem to suggest that Russia is intentionally throwing Wagner forces into the meat grinder to weaken the rising power of their main financier Prigozhin, as well as to break up their forces so that traditional Russian troops can fill the gaps.
Like a shitty Palpatine, Putin is trying to grind down a rival against an opposing force. The problem is, said rival is the only operational force in the Russian army that has made any gains since last August.
Meaning that Putin is destroying the only functional unit in his army for the sole purpose of taking care of a grudge and holding onto power.
Commune
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
@Zincy
Honestly I’m holding these reports with a grain of salt unless the intelligence comes directly from western intelligence(who have proven to be incredibly reliable)
It’s very tempting to claim these things but Wagner plays a vital role in Russian foreign policy, and it doesn’t look like that’s going to change anytime soon
Posted Report
Ereiam
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.

Monde de merde
@Commune
That being said, Prigozhin is known to have directed more than a few derogatory statements against the military command about the way they’ve been conducting the war. Wouldn’t be surprising if some are taking umbrage and looking to cut him down to size (especially considering how overeager he was to claim credit for the fall of Bakhmut).
Already, the loss of his access to Russian prisons as a recruitment pool does not bode well for the maintain of Wagner’s current scale of operations on the Ukrainian front.
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
Texans who think the state could succeed if it secedes clearly haven’t been looking at how Brexit is going.
Then again, ignorance and stupidity knows hardly any bounds.
Posted Report
SleepySteve

Apples and Pears
Dow being essentially flat (down 0.3%) despite the “contagion” fears from SVB, Signature and Silvergate’s collapses suggest a) the average person doesn’t care about this grifter-fueled bullshit, and b) shareholders of regional banks are more upset over themselves not getting bailed out in the (still very, very remote) chance that more of them fail.
BTW, I’m still not seeing any evidence on the ground (at least where I’m from) of mass bank runs.

@Dustcan
A dissolution of the Russian Federation into multiple states would invite a humanitarian catastrophe on a global scale. Thankfully, no one in the Biden administration (nor the EU, save for psycho right-wing states like Poland) is insane enough to support that idea (nor regime change, because the last time we did that, well…).
Background Human
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@SleepySteve
The average person is well under the $250,000 FDIC cap. If they have more than that, it’s gonna be in other assets like stonks or real estate. And the average business, even a small one, isn’t gonna set up their corporate account with a piddly-ass bank like SVB. They’re gonna roll with the big boys. There’s always a Chase or BofA* branch nearby. This was an unusual situation caused by VCs being idiots. And with the FDIC going “fuck it” and backstopping everyone’s deposits, there’s no real reason to panic.
* Bofa deez nuts!
Posted Report
SleepySteve

Apples and Pears
Plus, if Regions, East West or PNC failed tomorrow it will be much easier for the FDIC to sell those banks to rival companies since, unlike SVB, most of their customers’ accounts do not exceed the $250,000 cap (SVB’s affluent consumer base has been a big roadblock in attempts to sell what’s left of it; nobody wants to deal with selfish psycho morons who decided to put their eggs in one basket).
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
More than a million pages of internal Fox messages have revealed that a producer for Fox News host Tucker Carlson said that dealing with criticism from those sceptical of the election results was like “negotiating” with “especially dumb” “terrorists” who sleep with their cousins.
But when a Fox reporter soon after went on air and said some of what Mr Giuliani had said was “simply not true,” Mr Shah said, “this is the kinda s*** that will kill us”.
“We cover it wall to wall and then we burn that down with all the skepticism,” he added.
Fox News hosts, including Carlson, said in private that they believed the claims of fraud were false even as they amplified them on the air, the messages show.
“Might wanna address this, but this stuff is so f**** insane. Vote rigging to the tune of millions? C’mon,**” he wrote.
Alex Pfeiffer, a producer working for Mr Carlson at the time but who has now left Fox, wrote back that “it is so insane but our viewers believe it so addressing again how her stupid Venezuela affidavit isn’t proof might insult them”.
Mr Pfeiffer later added: “One funny thing. Dominion was used in Ohio and Florida. Trump won them. Did they forget to rig those or all part of the plan?”
Mr Shah later asked Mr Pfeiffer if he had seen that Newsmax host Greg Kelly “came after you?”
“Yeah,” Mr Pfeiffer said. “This whole thing is surreal. Like negotiating with terrorists, but especially dumb ones. Cousin f**** types not saudi royalty.**”
So yeah. This is from the team behind Tucker Carlson, the “Most Viewed Talk Show Host in the Country”. And they too think that not only is their audience barely functioning amoeba but that their family tree looks like a yarn ball. I mean, I like to say that MAGAts are a bunch of unthinking cousin humpers, but I’m just a dingblat with an internet connection. But hey it’s good to know even Fox News has the exact same opinion on their audience as I do, I guess?
Is MAGA tired of winning yet?
Speaking of Fox News and how stupid they must think their audience is, remember when news dropped that one of their key sources for the Big Lie was from a, and I quote again, “Internally decapitated time travelling ghost”? Well we now have more information on this lady.
Even Maria Bartiromo, the Fox host whose show first aired the claims, admitted in a deposition that the email was ridiculous.
“It’s kooky, absolutely,” Bartiromo said.
But the idea’s origin is even more “kooky” than Bartiromo might realize. In an interview with The Daily Beast, the woman behind that email—a Minnesota artist named Marlene Bourne—said that she based her now nationally prominent ideas about election fraud on a wide variety of sources, including hidden messages she detects in films, song lyrics she hears on the radio, and overheard conversations she hears while in line at the supermarket checkout.
“Yeah, I’m crazy,” Bourne told The Daily Beast. “Crazy like a fox.”
“Justice Scalia wasn’t accidentally shot during a hunting trip,” her email read. “He was purposefully killed at the annual Bohemian Grove camp. A club for members of the Mega-Group, during a weeklong human hunting expedition. NEVER accept an invitation to be a guest at that camp. Ever.”
Bourne peppered the email to Powell with “facts” about herself, claiming that she had once felt her soul leave her body after being shot in the back and that she had been “internally decapitated” during a car accident.
“The Wind tells me I’m a ghost, but I don’t believe it,” Bourne wrote.
“It’s just really interesting where I’ll have the TV on, and I’ll hear a word or a person’s name, and for whatever reason, I can’t explain it, it’s going to compel me to look it up online, I’ll do a little digging,” she said. “Instead of saying I rely on my intuition, I say ‘the wind’ is talking to me. It’s just a fun way of living my life, don’t you think?”
For example, Bourne got the idea that Scalia was murdered in a human hunt because it just made logical sense from what she had seen from watching movies and television.
“What’s one way to get rid of a Supreme Court justice in order to get the kind of people that you want on it?” Bourne said. “Hunting.”
For the record, Scalia very publicly died of a heart attack.
But yeah. This is what Fox News thinks is a credible source. America’s most watched “news” network, and the lynchpin behind one half of America’s Two Party duopoly, and this is what they use to feed to their viewers.
I ask again. Is MAGA tired of winning yet?
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide