Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
If it’s true that Musk started Hyperloop to kill high-speed rail, that’s another great reason for me to hate him. We should have high-speed rail in America like other countries. It would mean more convenient transportation, less cars on the road, and less pollution because the trains are electric. The only downside I see is the cost of infrastructure, which we should be spending more on anyway.
Marx: I think it also goes back to what I was saying earlier in terms of the distraction that Elon Musk has achieved really effectively. To try to distract from real solutions to the problems that the automobile has created and things that would require less car dependence and to actually offer people alternatives to the car and to instead kind of intervene and say, no, actually, I have these ideas that are going to be even better than that, and we should pursue those instead to try to sap energy from alternatives. So the Hyperloop, for example, he admitted to his biographer that the reason the Hyperloop was announced—even though he had no intention of pursuing it—was to try to disrupt the California high-speed rail project and to get in the way of that actually succeeding.
I would say the Boring Company just kind of slides in there as a way to distract from efforts to improve public transit and have a greater focus on transit as a means of solving these problems with the automobile. Instead of, say, building subway systems he could say, look we’re going to build these really cheap tunnels, you’ll be able to take your car into it. And later he said, why also make it so people who don’t have cars can use it, too. And that promise doesn’t exist any longer either. And that’s really good for him as an automaker.
There was also another guy who got flagged for “Hateful conduct” for simply saying something like “I think Musk would do better just focusing on Tesla and SpaceX instead of Twitter”.
Background Pony #1D40
@HorsesandMuchMOAR
Another braindead take on this war I’m seeing, is “stop sending Ukraine weapons, support peace, not violence”. Like they don’t understand that sending more weapons lets this war end faster. With insufficient support, this war would last years, costing more lives. And each piece of Ukraine controlled by Russia means more oppression.
Posted Report
Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Kiryu-Chan
Those of us of a certain age will remember two vital facts about the Internet:
  • There are no real rules about posting.
  • There are no real rules about moderation either; enjoy your ban.
The world’s richest man is running a multi-billion-dollar social network like a 4chan jannie on a power trip, which is equal parts hilarious and pathetic.
Posted Report
HorsesandMuchMOAR
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger

Gallusposting since 2019
I agree. I also noticed that many so-called “stop sending weapons to Ukraine, peace with Russia” types are also aligned with Putin.
They also tend to follow pro-conspiracy or pro-fringe beliefs. I see their calls for “peace” as lies.
It is like during WW2, when there were people wanting peace with Hitler even as he goes about murdering.
HorsesandMuchMOAR
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger

Gallusposting since 2019
I also think the same way considering that Republicans tend to be very hostile. There’s also the same attitude in some of the louder conservatives in my country, Malaysia, too, with their obsession with hatred against America (even against Repubs ironically) and support for Russia.
They and other conservatives’ distortion of “family” into militarism are why I don’t trust the words “traditional values” or “family values” anymore. Ideally, tradition should be a minimal influence to society, not overwhelming or even like a loud symbol.
Posted Report
Background Pony #988B
Out of curiosity, has anybody been following news about avian influenza lately?
It seems that a HPAI pandemic might be next in the list of things making the 2020s such a horrible, horrible decade.
Posted Report
Background Pony #5A6B
If you frighten easily, mayhap being a cop is not the best career move.
Here, here.
Honestly, I thought that that was one of the most absolute basic rules of being a cop at any point, ever.
can slide straight to hell, for all I care, because the actual positive or ‘positive’ things that Violent ostensibly alluted to a few posts back have not been helped
It’s nice to know ableism is still alive and rampant in today’s society. Disabled people using a mainstream website to crowdfund and share information to survive? Damn, guess it better go down like the Titanic because you don’t like the way users do discourse on there.
I mean, I’m not a fan of how it usually goes, but maybe consider how the phrase “baby with the bathwater” came about.
I’m sorry, but no, that is not an excuse to prop up such a decrepit cancer sore of a platform.
There are other social media platforms out there, where anyone who is disabled could easily use to get crowdfunding.
Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Change.org, Tumblr, Snapchat, TikTok, and hell, even fucking DeviantArt.
Twitter is not the end-all-be-all for people with disabilities, and I can definitely say that I am speaking for myself on this one, because I, myself, am mentally disabled.
And frankly, speaking as someone who is mentally disabled, myself, the neurodivergent zoomer and gen alpha Twitter users are among THE worst of the worst to ever use that platform in an unrestrained and unrestricted manner, because I have had first-hand experience of growing up being around mentally disabled people and neurodivergent people both older and younger than me, and I know for a fact that there are many things that they can and will be prone to do if not properly managed and educated about, which is EXACTLY the complete opposite case with nearly all of them who use Twitter, and has been that way for the past +2 years.
So please, take this irrelevant response that you just brought up completely out of left-field, set it on fire, and throw it straight into the garbage bin where it belongs.
Posted Report
MethidMan
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

I know it isn’t entirely related, but it kind of reminds me of when Biden said that he wanted to make peace with Republicans, even after Jan. 6th.
We badly need a democrat, progressivist or hell, any kind of politician who’s willing to declare republicans terrorists. I’m not fuckin’ joking here; the republican party at this point deserves to be declared a terrorist organization and are an active threat to democracy.
There are other social media platforms out there, where anyone who is disabled could easily use to get crowdfunding.
Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Change.org, Tumblr, Snapchat, TikTok, and hell, even fucking DeviantArt.
Don’t forget Newgrounds.
Posted Report
Vortaxonus

Don’t forget Newgrounds.
or Reddit, and i think mastodon is getting some traction from people switiching over from twitter.
Posted Report
MethidMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

@Wiimeiser
Maybe I deactivated my Twitter account too soon… I should’ve ranted that Elmo is a jackass who should pay his taxes like everybody else. That would be a great way to leave Twitter; go out with a bang.
Posted Report
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
This is from one of the two idiots that voted against certifying ballots in that one AZ county.
“At a Nov. 18 meeting of Cochise’s board of supervisors, Judd voted against certifying the county’s midterm results, in part because of the lack of a hand recount, and in part she distrusts voting machines.”
“I myself have a hard time trusting any computer,” Judd said at the board meeting. “I don’t even trust my cellphone and it’s a flip phone. And I don’t trust it.”
Here’s the translation.
“Me, big republican. Me scared of tiny flashy box cause big flashy box make orange leader man go bye bye. Now me scared and angry, me no want big flashy box make decisions no more”.
Posted Report
Violet Rose in The Rain

Twitter is not the end-all-be-all for people with disabilities,
You’re acting like I stated that. Quote me where I said that.
Facebook is becoming more unpopular last I checked, I don’t know too much about Change.org (Isn’t that website more concerned with signatures and petitions anyway?), Tumblr is more for a curated experience rather than exposing people to posts outside of their circles. I guess you could use other platforms for disability mutual aid but we don’t hear about those cases as we do for Twitter in terms of scale.
I am speaking for myself on this one, because I, myself, am mentally disabled. And frankly, speaking as someone who is mentally disabled, myself, the neurodivergent zoomer and gen alpha
You ever think about the white Republican who tried to post the, “as a gay black man” excuse but forgot to change accounts? I think about that sometimes.
this irrelevant response that you just brought up completely out of left-field, set it on fire, and throw it straight into the garbage bin where it belongs.
Such hostility. Since when did I bring up an irrelevant response? I thought we were on the topic of why Twitter should stay up, being used as a platform for disabled mutual aid.
Do explain in detail how you think I derailed from whatever topic was going on into this.
Violet Rose in The Rain

“When people started saying ‘When I push through, I collapse,’ I knew what it meant,” Seltzer said.
While patients were coining a name for long COVID, she and the advocacy group MEAction, where she directs scientific and medical outreach, started drafting a “pacing” guide to teach long-haulers how to manage their energy levels and avoid crashing. At the time, “Twitter was the only place they could find that information,” Seltzer said. “The patient community became a frontline public health service.”
Twitter also offered activists insights into the changing landscape of chronic illness during the pandemic. Long before doctors started getting a grasp on long-haul COVID, Seltzer recognized signs of post-viral chronic illnesses in some users’ tweets. Seltzer has lived with myalgic encephalomyelitis, commonly known as chronic fatigue syndrome, for years. She learned the hard way that pushing herself, physically or mentally, would cause her symptoms to flare up and could have dramatic consequences on her health.
Posted Report
MethidMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Eeyup, don’t mind me, dudes, just feel like quoting some guy ranting about Elmo running Twitter:
If after all this you are still defending Musk’s transparent mismanagement of the company, if you are still making excuses and trying to rationalize his incompetence as “just necessary business,” if your hero-worship is so powerful that you feel compelled to conceptually transform his petulant thrashing and his avalanche of stupidity into some sort of counterintuitive genius, then you are a delusional dumbass. He’s destroying the company. It was obvious he was going to destroy the company, because the evidence is legion that his past successes were a matter of luck, represent a minority of his efforts, and are largely the product of other people doing the hard work while protecting the organization from Musk’s failings. He is not a hero to be admired. He is a terrible person who has failed up, and this fiasco was inevitable and predictable. The only aspect which the informed observer may regard as a surprise is the breathtaking rapidity with which Musk has steered the company into a wall.
And if you go beyond idiotic adulation to openly attack the employees who are suffering under Musk’s abusive reign of terror, then you are a worthless asshole.
Posted Report
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Crypto-bros woes are mounting, as miners across the world are defaulting on loans they used to purchased their equipment. In many cases, said equipment is now worth less than their debt loads. Both because they leveraged other debts, and because GPU prices have started coming back down to earth.
Crypto had already been trending down into a “winter” as they call it, but the sudden and violent collapse of FTX dealt an unexpectedly damaging blow to the market.
Once again, despite the obvious flaws in fiat currency, the alternative should not be to invest in environmentally devastating magical beep-boop bucks.
Posted Report
Background Pony #4D8F
Once again, despite the obvious flaws in fiat currency, the alternative should not be to invest in environmentally devastating magical beep-boop bucks.
They’re gonna ignore that, and you know it.
We badly need a democrat, progressivist or hell, any kind of politician who’s willing to declare republicans terrorists. I’m not fuckin’ joking here; the republican party at this point deserves to be declared a terrorist organization and are an active threat to democracy.
Unfortunately, two problems.
  1. There are some Republicans that don’t think like that.
  2. That’s only gonna motivate Trump even more, possibly give him ammunition.
@Background Pony #1D40
They don’t want a nuclear war, but yet they don’t know this either.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide