Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

I still find there to be insufficient evidence that the path we are on right now is absolutely, unchangeably going to lead down the very same road that Germany went on between 1933 and 1945
You seem remarkably insistent that America is nowhere near becoming Nazi Germany or on the path to it. Why?
The fact that the Republican party is full of white supremacists, American police officers commit brutality towards black Americans daily and anti-transgender policies are being enacted in several states yet you can go, “Nope, absolutely no Fascism here. No way. Not happening” makes me think you’re coping the same way a zombie bite victim tells himself he’s going to be perfectly fine.
SleepySteve
Duck - Believes in a quack for a quack. Not a fan of being civil to others.
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Apples and Pears
(or Soviet Union Stalin, both using practically the same tactic for total control)
Stalin would’ve had the entire GOP (especially the Trumpist wing) purged. Not that I would feel bad about that considering the racist filth they are.
And that goes against what I said how?
Never implied I was against that statement. Hence the “just”.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Not really? Putin is pretty open about restoring Russia’s Soviet-era supremacy, what with being former KGB and all.
Turns out, as always, the real threat to an empire is the rot growing within.
SleepySteve
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Apples and Pears
@Dustcan
To be fair he’s more pro-Russian Empire
(which is worse) than pro-Soviet, and he kinda hated serving the Soviets. In fact in his speech announcing the war on Ukraine he railed against Lenin and communism like some American senior in the 50s and 60s.
SleepySteve

Apples and Pears
Dilbert creator and Fox News personality Scott Adams says his comic was canceled by 77 newspapers this week, with him claiming anti-conservative bias.
Turns out, though, that most of the newspapers are connected to newspaper chain Lee Enterprises, who is cutting back on editorial and cartoon content in an effort to save money. Didn’t stop Adams’ deranged fans from latching onto his narrative, though.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Trump throws childish fits about anything and everything. What is he angry about now? He’s upset that DeSantis “stole [his] idea” by trafficking migrants.
Reminder that this idea was already done by segregationists back in the 60s. Republicans truly have no new ideas.
In the latest Alex Jones news, he was ordered to disclose financials related to Infowars. The judge tried to throw him a bone and let him pick his own auditor, but Jones screwed that up by “failing” to prove that his pick doesn’t have any ties to his business to avoid conflicts of interest. So instead the judge is now picking an independent third party to comb through his profits.
In response Jones had the galaxy brain idea to call the judge a “tyrant”. I’m genuinely unsure if Jones wants to lose his case or has some undiagnosed schizophrenia.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Double Post.
Sometimes I like to find the one detail or story that can serve as a microcosm to the greater whole. I’m having trouble finding that one perfect summarization of MAGA.
Beth
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@neutralgrey
I’m sure politics are full of undiagnosed mental disorders. When you have money and power your issues are downplayed and hidden by others.
Whether or not a personality flaw becomes a disorder is systemic to social status and resources.
neutralgrey
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -

@Beth
Your issues are downplayed and because of newfound wealth and fame can fuck up your mental state as well. So it’s the sort of thing that makes things worse.
I do think Alex started out as a grifter but his brain rotted to the point where he’s become a pathological liar
lonewolf
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

U mad?
Putler announces partial armed forces mobilization
It will affect up to 300,000 personnel (mainly reserves) (includes link to story).
And once again he saber rattles saying nukes are still on the table. They may not even have the resources to mobilize that many troops. And all of them will be poorly trained and equipped with a lack of decent leadership. There’s a good chance this will backfire on him (and hopefully brings his downfall).
According to them they’ve lost 6,000 troops. Wow you’re winning so much you have to call up 300 grand in reserves.
And apparently China is experimenting with a digital Yuan that has an expiration date which means people won’t be able to save it up.
SleepySteve

Apples and Pears
@lonewolf
It’s kinda funny how he thinks he can get 300,000 troops without them dodging the draft. He hasn’t been good on the recruitment front because it turns out the people most supportive of war don’t actually want to fight in it themselves (see: 90% of elected Republicans who voted for/supported the Afghan and Iraq wars, most of whom did not serve/dodged the draft/weren’t in combat).
I’m kinda happy the West and NATO haven’t fallen for the nuclear bait but if Poland’s right-wing government becomes increasingly unhinged given their narrowing poll numbers (or if any of the Baltic states take a rightward turn like Sweden did in the next election) that luck might run out.

Biden formally nominated Lynne Tracy, currently Ambassador to Russian ally Armenia, to serve as Russia’s next ambassador. She should be easy sailing through Congress…but some senators (like draft-dodging misogynist Graham and questionable-service Blumenthal) may want to have the US embassy in Moscow closed instead (which will lead to nowhere good, since that embassy is trying to secure Brittney Griner and Paul Whelan’s release, and also trying to ensure the New START treaty remains intact; then again it’s not like either senator cares about LGBT people or avoiding nuclear war given their age).
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide