Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Beth
And everyone having nukes is why Russia is committing genocide. Funny how that works out.
Again, other first-world countries don’t have the same issues with healthcare as the USA from what I’ve heard. Maybe if we cared more about our own health and the health of others than owning a device who’s main purpose is to kill others, teeth wouldn’t be considered a luxury.
guns would just make it funnier
You have no idea how that makes you sound like a psychopath. And last I checked, humans are suppose to be trying to be better than animals. If the only halfway-decent argument you can make is “but animals do it without guns, so we should have guns,” than you have no good argument. Guns are a privilege that has been abused for far too long, and the more people threaten violence to those who question if should be anywhere near any weapon, the more they prove that they don’t deserve that privilege.
Beth
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@Meanlucario
“You have no idea how that makes you sound like a psychopath.”
Yeah I do, almost inhaled my blunt laughing.
Better than animals is a lie tyrannical governments want you to believe so you’ll give up you’re ability to defend yourself, while the tyrannical governments proceed to go animal mode on you.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Beth
You say that like requiring a license, training and a psych evaluation to determine if you are fit to wield a firearm is the same as declawing a cat. They aren’t, at all. And again, Australia seems to be doing great with their complete ban on guns. It’s people like you who are the problem, not the goverment. People like you are the reason assault weapons, guns who’s only purpose is mass murder, are easier to get than a candy bar.
Beth
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@Meanlucario
I didn’t say nothing about not requiring a license or psych evaluation. Guess the whole cat thing doesn’t work after all.
I’m not allowed to own a gun, I’m delightfully nuts, but I want other people to own them so our mainland doesn’t get invaded. Our country is being sized up for war. Complete ban on guns works if nobody cares about your country.
Also last time I checked a candy bar didn’t cost 600+usd and a background check.
If you don’t trust people like me, you should get a gun. I guarantee you that I’m probably not immune to bullets.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Beth
We have a military, navy, air force, coastguard, (and maybe even a fifth group I’m forgetting) specifically for a war. Civilians don’t need to be armed to the teeth for a war because the people who would actually be going to war are already prepared for it.
And no, I rather not live in fear of gun-crazed maniacs who would gladly kill me for pointing out that they aren’t mentally fit to own a firearm. That only encourages paranoia and violence, not prevents it.
Beth

In digital purgatory
@Meanlucario
In nature there is no government to decide which animal is fit to arm themselves. Animals either arm themselves or become victims.
As much as I’d like my enemies to think i’m crazy, I actually only care for defending myself, my family and my country. I don’t want to kill nobody. While saying the monkey with guns thing is funny might be dark, i’m literally thinking about how they bite eachothers face off, i don’t think guns would make them suffer much more.
You do have to fear maniacs, i know I do, society can only do so much to protect you from them. They might not have guns, I wouldn’t say guns are necessary for their evil, but they’re as natural as nature comes.
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
For my own two cents on this Gun Discussion:
Long Guns should not leave your house unless there’s an alien invasion, zombie uprising, or some other apocalyptic/crisis type shit going on.
PERIOD
Handguns should really always be visible in a secure holster in safety mode on a person in public:
And I do mean SECURE HOLSTER so that some random thug can’t grab it off an unsuspecting wielder.
Something like this basically:
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Beth
Do you honestly think people who pull shit like the Sandy Hook shooting are afraid of dying?
And how do you explain Fort Hood?
The Smiling Pony
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@CaptainXtra
You can’t really trust anything Russian TV says; watch any clip of their talk/political discussion shows and it’s a constant circlejerk about how a single Russian could take out the entire west with just his bare hands.
Anyway, Kimmy isn’t going to send over potential defectors with actual training; he would, however, sell spare armillary and MLRS systems, given Russia’s actually running out of anything modern and all their reserves are either shit quality or unmaintained.
Must be pretty fucking embarrassing to be a Russian nazionalist right now.
YourPalContrail
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -

high altitude cloud pone
really? it’s easier to get a candy bar? I really don’t remember having To go to a candy dealer and pass a background check for my snickers.
The holster thing I disagree with. CCW is more practical. People get nervous around open carry and encounters where you do have to defend yourself are less likely to turn deadly with CCW.
YourPalContrail

high altitude cloud pone
I’ve actually been trying to think of a definition for the whole “what is a woman” definition question when I am asked about it. The definition “adult human female” doesn’t include trans women even though they would be referred to as women in society because we aren’t doing genitalia checks (colloquially known as “passing”). I also don’t think the self ID definition works because I find it’s circular and those don’t work in a shared language. What do you guys think.
Just really want to discuss this cause I really don’t want to bite the bullet on this but I am struggling with a working definition for my arguments with conservatives.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

I never really taken a liking to one Jordan Peterson especially when he’s speaking outside his field of expertise. I rolled my eyes hearing his message to muslims because it is absolutely condescending and really ignores literally everything about the issue.
Rather than trying to find a solution tailor made for the situation, ya boy JP as usual just yells at people of every color and creed to essentially: “be a moral modern christian straight white man with european heritage and clean up your act!
How full of one’s self can one be?
Beth

In digital purgatory
@Ciaran
You need to strike with more than the fear of death. These killers need to be shot right in the narcissism, put down before they can victimize a single target. I guess I’ll argue both sides since my opponent is out.
if everyone had a gun, accidental death and impulse killings would be unstoppable, can’t do that.
if nobody had a gun, a criminal is just going to make one and have unchecked power.
Appently the perp had mental health services of some kind, but background checks weren’t required at the time. Adam Lanza killed 6 adults with the 20 kids, I guess no adult had a gun. However if we gave all 6 adults a gun, there is no guarantee they would be used correctly, and kids might gain access to them.
There is a reason it’s popular to go after schools.
Because if you go anywhere else there is a disabled veteran with a concealed weapons permit and a gun under their wheelchair. If only trained ex military could be everywhere. However these are our most unstable members of society, I watched a concealed weapons holder point a gun at his wife most of my childhood.
If you get shot anywhere in the torso you got about three minutes to live, police take 5, EMT probably similarly takes 5. So despite everything there is still going to be people emotionally charged about gun ownership. One can also argue that having a gun makes you a bigger target, and more likely to get shot in the chest
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
JP doesn’t even have a great grasp of psychology to be honest. At least as far as modern interpretations go. He pushes a lot of older theories that fell by the wayside during events like the replication crisis or just generally have collapsed.
The Smiling Pony
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Zincy
“Peterson isn’t a great psychologist” should have been evident to anyone that actually took a moment to observe how well he’s ruined his life and how angry and miserable he constantly is.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
I hate it when people use political views as a weapon. Take “might makes right” for example. The people who subscribes to it tend to get upset when they aren’t the strongest and is no longer viable as an excuse to bully others.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide