Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Ron DeSantis has suspended his state’s prosecutor for saying they won’t go after people who get an abortion. His rationale amounted to ‘it’s not right for someone elected by a portion of the state to enforce authority over the whole state.’
Says the guy who won by less than half a point.
Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

I just saw some online dink go, “If you don’t want a baby, just don’t get pregnant.”
He deliberately ignored pregnant rape survivors the entire time I decided to entertain myself by taking the piss out of him.
Edit: Also employed the libertarian “If you don’t like it, just mooooooooooove somewhere else” excuse. Very tasteless man.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
20 years later, Tucker Carlson still hasn’t learned not to mess with Jon Stewart.
Carlson, high off the copium after the veterans bill passed, mewled a bunch of insults at Stewart.
Stewart of course clapped back.
Commune
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
God some chinese netizens really drive me insane
While I appreciate the commenters on Weibo pointing out the idiocy in this, unfortunately the post is basically reflective of the PRC’s approach to foreign Chinese
The PRC is a Han ethnostate that expects loyalty from all Chinese people everywhere
And just like a certain German ethnostate during the 1940s, what they’re doing is going to get us killed or expelled
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
In another confusing sign of the economy, we added a whopping 528,000 jobs in July, greatly exceeding expectations.
It’s added to this curious mix where the mainline economic growth is slowing, but the job market is growing rapidly.
Unemployment dropped by .1, going from 3.6 to 3.5.
Normally, when growth slows hiring and buying slow, but that doesn’t seem to be the case right now. Buying has slowed a bit due to wavering consumer confidence and inflation, but not at the expected rate.
Seiken
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I would be all for bringing back glass bottles, but they probably would never, because it would deeply cut into their profits. And the reason for it mostly i think is the weight of glass. People would be more reluctant to buy a lot because transporting them is more effort.
I know i would drink less sodas which would be beneficial to me and probably a lot of people. But they always seek out maximum profit and that cut would be far too severe even though it doesn’t threaten they survival, just their profit margin.
Coca-Cola goes green by ditching green.
That’s kind of a scary thing for a company because sometimes when it looks different, we think it’s going to taste different
You can already tell by that statement that they are weighing the benefits of positive publicity vs loss on people that might not buy it anymore. So going glass which 100% wouldn’t pay off for them will likely never happen again unless forced by regulations.
The Smiling Pony
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Goku Black
Glass bottles are significantly more costly to produce and recycle than plastic bottles. And in any case, it’s never too late to start improving, and just because the bottling plant is in Utah doesn’t mean those bottles don’t end up in other states.
Tangentially, these sort of bottles haven’t been a thing in Europe for decades, it just was OK in the US since there’s a culture of “eh, fuck nature, that’s a future problem” there.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
A school district in Wisconsin banned the use of pronouns by teachers. Except they didn’t specify personal pronouns.
Meaning it’s technically a blanket ban on using any pronouns in emails or official documents.
“I would like them to hand in their papers” would become “Teacher want papers”.
Beth
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@The Smiling Pony
I heard very little material sent for recycling actually gets recycled.
That mostly only aluminum gets recycled.
Making everything tomorrows problem is why we’re doomed as a species.
I got enough glass just from beer bottles alone, that i can fill a swimming pool with broken glass, put a log across the pool, and climate change deniers can fight to the death ontop of that log
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
The US is still at record low unemployment and lightning fast job growth. But, many of those jobs are in middle to higher income brackets. A real brain trust of an economist had this to say on the matter.
“The lethargic labor participation rate shows that workers are not yet worried about a recession and willing to wait for better opportunities,” 
“The 5.2% wage gain from a year ago is not enough to entice them to get back to work.” Sung Won Sohn, an economics professor at Loyola Marymount University.
Once again it’s “Those damn lazy commoners and their unwillingness to be our wage slaves. If only a recession would happen so those peasants would get back to work and stop thinking about ‘bettering themselves’, ‘higher pay’ and ‘benefits’.”
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
My favorite takes on this war on pronouns are dinguses saying there’s no pronouns in the Constitution or the Bible.
Dude, the first word of the Constitution is literally “We”, as in “We The People”.
And Jesus himself said, and I quote, “I am He”. Like, Jesus was very insistent on letting people know that people knew his pronoun.
John 8:24
I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.
John 8:28
Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.
John 9:9
Some said, This is he: others said, He is like him: but he said, I am he.
John 13:19
Now I tell you before it come, that, when it is come to pass, ye may believe that I am he.
John 18:5
They answered him, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus saith unto them, I am he. And Judas also, which betrayed him, stood with them.
John 18:6
As soon then as he had said unto them, I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground.
John 18:8
Jesus answered, I have told you that I am he: if therefore ye seek me, let these go their way:
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Fox News is desperately trying to spin the stellar jobs report. They’re playing it that the administration “miss forecast” a lower jobs report.
They don’t have any better way to spin a strong jobs report, so they resorted to saying “yea but Biden said it would be bad!” as an attack.
Maybe Jesus was actually super feminine looking and got sick of being misgendered.
ᎶㄖҜㄩ 乃ㄥ卂匚Ҝ
One-Star Dragon Ball - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Zamasu
Question: what is with pronouns to announce gender identity instead of saying “I am a man/woman/attack helicopternonbinary? Do you realize that pronouns such as he/him, she/her, and they/them are used to talk about you when you’re not in the room?
YourPalContrail

high altitude cloud pone
I’ve actually been trying to think of a definition for the whole “what is a woman” definition question when I am asked about it. The definition “adult human female” doesn’t include trans women even though they would be referred to as women in society because we aren’t doing genitalia checks (colloquially known as “passing”). I also don’t think the self ID definition works because I find it’s circular and those don’t work in a shared language. What do you guys think.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Dustcan
Genesis 5:2
Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.
To all radicalized GOP bible thumpers, long long and prosper, motherfuckers.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Dustcan
God tends to refer to himself as he/him quite often from what I remember. These people are full of BS.
@Zincy
I wonder what their game is here.
@Background Pony #1F81
Only the parts they like, after making some “corrections.”
@Zincy
God does have a line about him wearing a skirt, and if people are as sensitive about their own masculinity as they are in recent times, I can see them calling him a woman for “not being manly enough.”
@Zincy
I’m starting to think that the worker’s revolution is going to happen eventually because of this BS.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Sinema has apparently agreed to the Dem’s proposed inflation bill. With her and Manchin ostensibly onboard then whatever’s left of the bill just needs to pass the Parliamentarian and the Dems should be able to pass it through reconciliation.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide