Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #6B50
I think the big difference with Roe V Wade is that overturning it has been a Republican goal since it was decided. It was and remained a contentious issue, I would argue it never really was settled in America. Right now the majority of Republicans support gay marriage.
@Dustcan
nobody signed on to his decision though, and the actual decision by Alito specicifically says it shouldn’t cast doubt on the others.
YourPalContrail
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -

high altitude cloud pone
that’s not what I was getting at. the Republicans absolutely had the desire to overturn row but with obergefell I just don’t see the same drive. maybe I’m wrong.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
According to a college survey like 60% of American supported Roe in one form or another, breaking down to like 90% Dems, 60% Independent and even 40% Republican.
Roe was insanely popular, even enjoying mild popularity among Republicans, but this rogue court still would go so far as to commit perjury to kill it.
I think it’s safe to get leery over other rulings when one of the Justices who killed Roe threatens others in his victory lap.
Violet Rose in The Rain
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Even if it were true Republicans support gay marriage, it doesn’t really matter if the rest of the Supreme Court decided they wanted to get rid of it.
Also, most Republicans are perfectly happy to sacrifice anything that would help further their broader goals. Therefore, they have very little reason to remain allies the second it no longer benefits them.
Background Human
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Violet Rose in The Rain
The bill deliberately uses undefined terms like “classroom instruction” and “age-appropriate” to leave school districts in the dark. In the absence of controlling guidance, they’ll take the path least likely to get them sued. To wit: don’t say gay. Don’t even say Takei.
Background Pony #6B50
Even if it were true Republicans support gay marriage, it doesn’t really matter if the rest of the Supreme Court decided they wanted to get rid of it.
True, but this is more of a feature. The Supreme Court shouldn’t be based on what the majority of people want, that’s up to the legislature. That being said they can only rule if a case comes up to them.
Also, most Republicans are perfectly happy to sacrifice anything that would help further their broader goals. Therefore, they have very little reason to remain allies the second it no longer benefits them.
That’s the sad thing about politics, no real principles.
@Background Human
Yeah, that’s what I thought would happen when it got passed.
AaronMk
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Sky funeral
Roe V. Wade was “settled law” too, according to two of people who just voted to overturn it.
Nothing is settled law, not anymore at least. And Obergefell relied on similar findings of privacy and a broad reading of the 9th amendment.
Your faith in Republicans being honorable and respecting such trifles as “precident” and “settled law” is either hilariously misguided or an extreme dose of copium to try and isolate this ruling as a “surely they won’t come for me” rationalization.
Nothing is historically ever settled law. Were it the case, we would be settling cases on the Stele of Hammurabi or the Kang Gao. But the fact of the matter is that things are permanently in motion and disputes between parties and classes of people invalidate and change laws and the status quo. This is of course not disagreeing with you, I just wanted to add a new point.
Likewise in the case with the Constitution which always seems to be a living document until it’s not, or a document made of hardened bedrock and granite until someone splashes water on it. Nothing is a permanent long-lasting institution. Simply ask the monarchs of Europe and the gentry of China. Even this phase shall pass.
YourPalContrail

high altitude cloud pone
I mean the bill still doesn’t say “don’t say gay” it was written after a trans kid killed themself when the child was being transitioned without the parents knowledge. one of the major problems facing trans people is the feeling of isolation. Family structures are important in that. it’s seems to me that is a overwhelmingly good cause. I don’t see how the, let’s be clear, overreaction by a district proves what the law says.
YourPalContrail

high altitude cloud pone
I mean sure if overturning obergefell is on the table I will fight every step of the way. I’m just saying I don’t think it will get to that point and I’m willing to put money where my mouth is because I don’t see gay marriage being threatened. If people honestly believe it is then I don’t see why they wouldn’t take the bet.
MethidMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

I mean I still don’t think pro lifers are in favor of eugenics for medically retarded children.
If you actually read the article, it’s really more an act of mercy and kindness rather than eugenics.
Ann began joining Turner syndrome support groups and reading about people living with the disorder. Many, she learned, die from heart conditions in their 20s and 30s. She also saw a video of a little girl with Turner syndrome getting her daily hormone injection. The child was screaming in pain.
That was when Ann decided to end the pregnancy, fearing the pain Juliet would have experienced every day. “This decision is out of love,” she said. “It’s taking the pain away from them by experiencing it yourself.”
Said by someone who considered herself a pro-lifer.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Or Trisome 13, who live on average 2 to 3 weeks of abject horror and pain, with 13% of the unfortunate souls living to 10 years.
The sanctity of life doesn’t mean jackshit in that case.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide